It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living without a body - Dog's head re-animated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Found this video on youtube of a russian experiment with a dog living without a body in a futurama kind of way.
Bearing in mind the age of the video the possibilities of current technology must be pretty impressive.

Check it out: uk.youtube.com...

Synthetic bodies with human heads can't be too far down the road...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
As this is an old video may have previously been discussed - if so appologies!

If not, discuss!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Man I hope this is a hoax, you know a dog sticking its head through a hole in a table to make it seem its severed, because if this tech was a reality then re animation in here now and probably darn neer perfected, wich is frightening in and of itself, but then take into account they could theretically use this tech to interogate and or torcher past the point of death.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

Seems to be legitimate enough, will try to find out more info on it. The dog seems pretty lethargicand confused, which i'm pretty sure would accompany having your head severed!!
On the otherhand the video doesnt really show the technology behind it, only diagrams of the theory....

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The last X-files movie was regarding the same subject. In the movie, they say that the Russian scientists were experimenting on reanimating decapitated dog heads, so that they can one day use it on their own soldiers.

The video does not look real, and I agree that the dog's head looks like it's sticking out of the table. The dog looks as if it were waking up after being sedated.

If it were real, you would have seen this technology progress by a magnitude today, and help police/investigators reanimate a corpse to find out who the killer was.

[edit on Thu Jan 15th 2009 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Nope, it is not a hoax. Yep, it is real. It was a famous experiment back in those days, that gained much attention. By the way, similar experiments were done during the 19th century, with the heads of executed criminals. But as far as I know, the heads never regained any real consciousness.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wow this is disturbing and yet is really cool as well.

But, how can the dog's head move if no leverage is provided by the body. It could be fake.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, it also needs a neck if it wants to move its head.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Striker122]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
www.imdb.com...

I think the video in the OP is part of a movie called 'Experiments in the Revival of Organisms'. Just google it and you'll see.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Striker122]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Why didn’t they take a moment to show the other side of the dog’s head with all of the hook ups? Would beat the heck out of a diagram. I'm also wondering how all the capillary bleeding was stopped at the sever point. Striker’s points about how the dog is able to move it’s head without being attached to a body are good ones.

Very suspicious IMO.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think that the video is real. After WW 2 Russian and US governments take German scientists to develop technology and experimentation. In this video is clear that the purpose is to show how was the reaction of the reanimated head. It move by its jaw, other think is that it had part of its neck with the purpose to see how it swallow. The tongue move natural and it is difficult to make a fake tongue. Other think is that its reaction to the hammer impact don't see like it is sedated, there's no way to rapid reaction. The head look disturbed. That's terrifying, and psychologically this dog is suffering.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
All the hair on the head and neck seems really odd. you would think the incision area would be shaved. I think I could have gone without seeing that.

top topics

join