It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman: Do to Hamas what the US did to Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

www.jpost.com

Operation Cast Lead must continue until Hamas "loses the will to fight," Israel Beiteinu chairman Avigdor Lieberman said on Tuesday.

"Israel won't be secure so long as Hamas is in power, and therefore we need to come to a decision that we will break the will of Hamas to keep fighting," he said during a speech at Tel Aviv's Bar-Ilan University.

"We must continue to fight Hamas just like the United States did with the Japanese in World War II," Lieberman added. "Then, too, the occupation of the country was unnecessary."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is increddible news, these people must just be insane.
I just cant believe this, are people realy willing to trow a nuke over such a dense populated civilian place, to get to their goal over the dead backs of possible millions and contaminating the plce for many may years.
Risking that the fall out would spread trough he entire region.
Amazing all the talk about freedom democracy around the western world and yet these people get away with their insane strategies and policies.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Funny...

I advocate nuking both Gaza AND Israel... specifically Jerusalem.

Let's get the kids out first though...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Dude, Lieberman is a freak.

No one takes that guy seriously.

Like any one who advocates nuclear weapons is rational...

Wow! Looks like there is a whole bunch of nutjobs roaming the face of the earth!

Hunka thats a 50 pound satirical sledge you're using brother.

Wicked humor.

PPS.

Bodrul, who is the artist for your 'Boycott Israeli Goods'? I want to get one that says 'Boycott Terrorist Bads'?... Can you help?

[edit on 15-1-2009 by golemina]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
As i already said in other post on the issue - Liberman does not speak about nuke. Gaza is less then 100 kms from Tel Aviv/Jerusalem and other Israeli cities. Only Hunka Hunka can use nukes in the region anyway.

He talks about US turning fanatical axis power into allied one in matter of few years by occupying it. Even in your link it is apparent that he wants Israel to occupy Gaza.
And he is a known fear/war monger.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

he prob thinks on the mind set of Bin ladin
Israel Launches Nuke and GOD will put a barrier around all of Israel and its iligal settlements and they will be saved from the blast and other crap

anyone want to test the theory?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What happened to the mods enforcing actual news story titles?

The actual title is

Never in the story did he advocate the use of nuclear weapons. This is what he said:

"We must continue to fight Hamas just like the United States did with the Japanese in World War II," Lieberman added. "Then, too, the occupation of the country was unnecessary."

This thread is crap.

Have a nice day!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The scary thing is his party is the 5th largest and is projected to be the 4th largest in Israel. I will grant that he didn't come right out and say nuke them, but the implication is no stretch. Perhaps for the name of the thread yes, but certainly not a stretch in reading the article.

I guess they feel like Old Joshua when he sent them in to kill every living thing in Jericho.....kill them all, old young, male and female. Of course Joshua blamed that on God too. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree!@

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

In 1945, Japan unconditionally surrendered to the US following two atomic bomb attacks on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. A ground invasion of mainland Japan had been prepared at the time, but was avoided due to the Japanese capitulation after the bombings.

Well, nukes are sort of given a mention... Maybe they want to do that instead of a ground invasion.

I mean it's preposterous to use a nuclear weapon in an area no bigger than a medium sized urban sprawl, and besides, it'd give away that Israel has nuclear weapons.

Lieberman looks quite freaky in that shot.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thank you for bringing that up. I was thinking the same thing...

No where in the article does it state that Israel is going to or even contemplate using nuclear weapons in Gaza.
Detonating a nuclear weapon in the Gaza strip would do just as much harm to Israel as well as the people in and surrounding Gaza.
I believe he was using the U.S Japan analogy pertaining to "breaking the will of the people".

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It seems like usa & isreal has team up hmm?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Do what the US did in Japan.

Well the US dropped two atomoic bobmbs on a country that had agreed to surrender if they could keep their leader.

Something which is disgusting....and I'm not overly surprised Israel wants to do the same.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

What many people don't realize is that Israel can't nuke Gaza even if they wanted to.

Israel is a very small country. Its like the size of New Jersey. New Jersey is actually just a few hundred square miles larger than Israel. Gaza is a almost a quarter of the size of New York City. My point is that it would be like New Jersey nuking Manhattan.

Completely unrealistic. Just the EMP from it would knockout all of the power and communications in Israel. The light from it would probably be seen all the way back to Jerusalem, meaning thousands if not tens of thousands of Israelis would be blinded by the flash. The radiation and fallout would cover Israel causing thousands of casualties due to cancer and rad poisoning.

Completely unrealistic pure crap. Just like this thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I can't believe how few actually read the article.\

He does not say that Gaza should be nuked, that is just a lie.

What he said was that it may be necessary to occupy Gaza like the US occupied Japan "after it had been defeated".

From that, Japan wsturned into an alie and a useful part of the world.

He was implying that after defeating the Terroists, Hamas, then, perhaps Gaza could become an allie and even a useful part of the world.

Only someone who did not read or just want to post lies would say any different.

READ THE ARTICLKLE BEFORE POSTING STUPIDIDY OR LIES.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It may not be clear, this post is in response to Bodrul,s response

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

he prob thinks on the mind set of Bin ladin
Israel Launches Nuke and GOD will put a barrier around all of Israel and its iligal settlements and they will be saved from the blast and other crap

anyone want to test the theory?

It is clear you did not read the article.

No where does it advocate using nukes on Gaza.

PLEASE, read the article so you don't post lies (as in "NOT" what the article said) or at best ignorance, by not reading the article.

[edit on 1/15/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Lieberman is a moron who should be locked up in a mental hospital. He's been suggesting that Palestinians should be drowned in the Dead Sea, that the Aswan Dam in Egypt should be bombed and other crazy ideas.

He's a bit like 'Geert Wilders' a Dutch politician who looks like Beethoven and has similar extreme ideas, who is actually very popular among certain people in Israel because of his fearmongering movie 'Fitna'.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Yeah, but Lieberman's mom was a really nice woman. I met her once cuz she knows my gramma.

[edit on 1/15/2009 by ravenshadow13]

new topics

top topics

join