It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami alert follows Russian earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The epicentre of the quake was 35km deep and 428km south of Severo-Kuril'sk in the Kuril Islands, which also lie northeast of Japan's northern island of Hokkaido.

The US Geological Survey said earlier the quake was 7.7 magnitude and then 7.5 magnitude but later revised that downwards.

TRE News

I don't know this source, I will look for more as they become available.

Another source:
EMSC

I don't know this one either, looking for more yet.

Here is the USGS:
USGS

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hi everyone, longtime reader first time poster blah blah. The reason for me posting is that I am a member of a Guns n' Roses forum and someone on there posted something about a woman called Nikki that has had 2008 predictions come true and in her predictions for 2009 she said Axl would die or have bad health (the reason for predictions being on a GNR forum) but I read the whole list and some are bleeding obvious but some have now jumped out at me. These being:

A tsunami off the coast of Alaska
A meteor will land in Russia

I know that it was an earthquake in Russia but could it have been caused by a meteor?

Her's the link if anyone is interested

www.chinesedemocracy.com...;msg1031995#msg103 1995

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sorry it cut off the link, try this

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Gallifreyschild]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gallifreyschild

Hey thanks for the low down on Axl

but whats with the link www.chinesedemocracy.com

Any way back to the OP!
Tsunamis should be taken very seriously I'll keep an eye on this one thanks for the .s up.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
No Tsunami expected...

TSUNAMI INFORMATION STATEMENT NUMBER 1 NWS PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER EWA BEACH HI 805 AM HST THU JAN 15 2009 TO - CIVIL DEFENSE IN THE STATE OF HAWAII SUBJECT - TSUNAMI INFORMATION THIS STATEMENT IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ACTION REQUIRED. AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS ORIGIN TIME - 0750 AM HST 15 JAN 2009 COORDINATES - 46.9 NORTH 155.2 EAST LOCATION - EAST OF KURIL ISLANDS MAGNITUDE - 7.5 MOMENT EVALUATION BASED ON ALL AVAILABLE DATA A DESTRUCTIVE PACIFIC-WIDE TSUNAMI IS NOT EXPECTED AND THERE IS NO TSUNAMI THREAT TO HAWAII. REPEAT. A DESTRUCTIVE PACIFIC-WIDE TSUNAMI IS NOT EXPECTED AND THERE IS NO TSUNAMI THREAT TO HAWAII. THIS WILL BE THE ONLY STATEMENT ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS ADDITIONAL DATA ARE RECEIVED.

Note: no external link provided by poster from another thread

[edit on 15-1-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Thanks for the .s up

Any other info links?

[edit on 15-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gallifreyschild
Hi everyone, longtime reader first time poster blah blah. The reason for me posting is that I am a member of a Guns n' Roses forum and someone on there posted something about a woman called Nikki that has had 2008 predictions come true and in her predictions for 2009 she said Axl would die or have bad health (the reason for predictions being on a GNR forum) but I read the whole list and some are bleeding obvious but some have now jumped out at me. These being:

A tsunami off the coast of Alaska
A meteor will land in Russia

I know that it was an earthquake in Russia but could it have been caused by a meteor?

Her's the link if anyone is interested

OMG - I am laughing so hard!

I can't believe that someone posted THAT on the GunsandRoses website!

Come on, couldn't they have just gone to some other prediction site and posted that? He HAD to post that on the site, that Axl Rose created with his band?! Man oh man - that would make for a bad day, for him to read, that some person, said you were going to die this year!

Sorry, off topic, but I just had to respond to this post. - then was shocked the prediction was on GunsandRoses forum on their website! THAT is RUDE!

new topics

top topics

join