It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Under Investigation, in the US, For My Political Views!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

You should not of answered any of their questions and lawyered up. We still have a system where you have a right to remain silent.

It is sad that the tactics used in the McCarthy Era are still used today.

To the others who state you should answer the questions, why is it the government's business to know yours?

I get this attitude from my dad, who was into privacy big. He did not want the government to know anything that they did not need to. He would write "None of your business" on the Census Bureau forms.

I don't understand why anyone who is a citizen of this country should have any problem with answering the questions that were presented to this individual. In my opinion his answers were spot on and why should he be afraid to voice them? Now if you harbor some bizarre ideas of how our government should be changed then you probably better keep your mouth shut and lawyer up.

Everyone has the right to refrain from answering questions such as these and that is part of what makes our country so great.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IceColdPro

Holland doesn't have gitmo, and in Holland, AFAIK, people don't dissapear.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Sadly many Americans will actually defend what goes on in their country.

They say almost anything to rationalize it to themselves...

It's as if they cannot remember what life was like just ten years ago - when what goes on today would seem like a sci-fi dystopia ;-(

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by samier09

Are you retarded? Do you share personal information with anyone on the street?

Any one who gives in to this or believes, this should immediately send your social security number, date of birth, and mother's last name.

This is important and can mean the difference between prosperity(mine) and penury (yours). Act now.

First of all these questions were not asked by anyone on the street, and from what was stated no personal information was asked..?

People you are blowing this out of proportion, obviously this gentlemen made comments at some point to someone who was concerned deeply that he might be a threat to our country. This concerned Citizen did what he felt was his duty and reported the incident and DUE DILIGENCE was conducted as an interview of this individual; anything less would have been an injustice to everyone here on this board and throughout our country!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This happened to me at my clinic. I was researching Revelations when I went to a website about the red heiffer my computer locked up and got knocked off the internet.For 2 days we called at&t and our router service they said we should not have a problem. Then an FBI agent came in to get treated ,and started asking questions about my military service that was classified. I asked him if he looked into all his doc's histories and he replied yes. So I told him about my research, and when he left he made a phone call from the parking lot and I have not had any trouble with my connection since.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by interested-one

Interesting one individual comments is a thread to our nation, that is one that I need to take very seriously, see targeting individuals rather than "groups" should tell you something about the way that the new American gestapo, works.

I can imagine that modeling to Nazi Germany era of going after people one at a time will ensure that the public will remind oblivious of their fate until is too late.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by interested-one

Thank you for an actual rational opinion regarding this
guys story.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I would have asked the bastard for a warrant and if I was under arrest. Then I would have said sure I will answer your questions, in front of my attorney. Then I would have told him to get out or he risks being thrown out and possibly shot if he becomes violent. NEVER, NEVER ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS UNLESS YOU ARE ARRESTED AND HAVE AN ATTORNEY PRESENT!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ZEN357

Exactly!!!!!! I worked for a lawyer as my first job when I moved to southern GA and that is one of the first things that you learn, to ask if you are under arrest and to chose to have an attorney present or witnesses if you chose to answer questions.

That is the rule, people needs to be aware of this.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I admire you for not quietly taking this intrusion into your life and violation of your rights. I do not know your views, but I know of your rights! Oddly enough, they were quoted in an e-mail I received just this morning.

“The individual may stand upon his constitutional rights as a citizen. He is entitled to carry on his private business in his own way. His power to contract is unlimited. He owes no such duty [to submit his books and papers for an examination] to the State, since he receives nothing therefrom, beyond the protection of his life and property. His rights are such as existed by the law of the land [Common Law] long antecedent to the organization of the State, and can only be taken from him by due process of law, and in accordance with the Constitution. Among his rights are a refusal to incriminate himself, and the immunity of himself and his property from arrest or seizure except under a warrant of the law. He owes nothing to the public so long as he does not trespass upon their rights.” — U.S. Supreme Court, Hale v. Henkel, 201 U.S. 43 at 47 (1905).

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Yeah, but unfortunately for persons of your beliefs are uneducated to the facts. It turns out, from revelations of the KGB, due to Glasnost, that "Old Joe" was absolutely on the money.

I have NO use for neo-libs and bleeding-hearts and WGAS if the gummint comes a-askin'? Not ME. Besides, you could bring harassment/stalking charges over something like that, with a GOOD, HONEST lawyer.

Bobert

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
All I can say is Wow. Something like this happenening to an average citizen for simply expressing your views is horrid. Last I checked, we still had the right to speak freely.

With that said, may I suggest two things;

Don't talk politics to your clients, it seems that is what started this all for you.

Also, you may want to consider getting a security company to check for listening devices within your business and home. They may have left one during the interview to make it easier for them to monitor you. I mean, if they went so far to interview/follow you, then a listenening device would not be outside of the realm of possibility.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

I wonder what Thomas Jefferson would do if someone did this to him?

...Probably the Same thing Sam Adams or Andrew Jackson would have done.

*Look what happened when the government tried to tax their tea....

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I did receive a letter from the US Attorney General.
Some crap about wire taps and I could call if I wanted more information.

I don't really recall everything it said because I just glanced it over and tossed it in a file.

It had something to do with my phone being tapped or receiving or calling a phone that was tapped.

I should frame it and put it next to my all my certifications.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

You really must of ruffled some feathers for that one. Go ahead and frame it, I believe it is worth showing to all how you won't back down on the important things.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I amazed at how gullible people are. You are only hearing one side of an ill concocted story. For a site the claims to deny ignorance and constantly demands a source for any claim, this is amazing.

If this guy is seriously under any investigation, why would he post here of all places. Anything this guy says can ultimately be used against him.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IceColdPro
If the government came to my place of business here in Holland and asked me those questions, I would ask them to promptly leave my property and I would take down all of the information of the person asking the questions. Furthermore, I would request ALL information that the agency were holding about me under the Freedom of Information act and request that all records be deleted.

Yes, this is what most people would do in the US too.

It's only my opinion but I really believe this is a fictitious story. You don't have to answer questions like those described by the OP to ANYONE in the US unless you were arrested, and even then don't we have the right to remain silent and to request a lawyer?

Our FBI has a lot more to worry about then some working guy/business owner who just writes or speaks about his benign beliefs.

To the OP; do you have followers or do you organize anti-gov rallies or give anti-gov speeches? I see people do this all of the time in the city (Manhattan), they never get arrested. We have all kinds of organizations here who outwardly criticize our gov in public every day, they're allowed to, it is their constitutional right to do so.

So you're in the "lime light"? Owning your own business equates to being in the "lime light"?

What baloney.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I amazed at how gullible people are. You are only hearing one side of an ill concocted story. For a site the claims to deny ignorance and constantly demands a source for any claim, this is amazing.

If this guy is seriously under any investigation, why would he post here of all places. Anything this guy says can ultimately be used against him.

Shouldn't we be more concerned that so many find it so easy to believe this type of thing can happen? Kind of shows us all what the mind-set is of many, that we are not as free to speak our mind as we once thought.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sadly many Americans will actually defend what goes on in their country.

They say almost anything to rationalize it to themselves...

It's as if they cannot remember what life was like just ten years ago - when what goes on today would seem like a sci-fi dystopia ;-(

Now you said a mouthful right there! If anyone had told me even 10 years ago that to walk down the streets of the city I live in without identification would land you in jail, I would have laughed them to scorn. I have known people who walked to the corner store without putting their ID in their pocket to be arrested and denied bail until someone came and proved who they are!!!!! It brings to mind the movie Cry Freedom, when we all thought it was horrible that the people of South Africa could not move freely without ID. Cry Freedom in the US now.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So you haven't read either of the Patriot Acts....

That is obvious by your ignorance as to the situation in America - you may even be an American.

I bet you are also unfamiliar with NATIONAL SECURITY PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVE/NSPD 51.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join