It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence Court Rules Wiretapping Power Legal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Intelligence Court Rules Wiretapping Power Legal

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — A federal intelligence court, in a rare public opinion, is expected to issue a major ruling validating the power of the president and Congress to wiretap international phone calls and intercept e-mail messages without a court order, even when Americans’ private communications may be involved, according to a person with knowledge of the opinion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Where are the riots? We should be beating down doors in Wa$hington right now.... but we're not. Why? Because we all have IPhones and interwebs and force-fed advertisement driven everything. We're all such cozy little cattle happy with our fences that keep the big bad wolves out of our comfy little pastures.

Keep grazing america, nothing to see here.

It's rubbed in our face, no attempt to even hide the act of our rights being trampled. What a crock of snip.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Where are the riots? We should be beating down doors in Wa$hington right now.... but we're not. Why? Because we all have IPhones and interwebs and force-fed advertisement driven everything. We're all such cozy little cattle happy with our fences that keep the big bad wolves out of our comfy little pastures.

Can't argue with the truth. We have become a welfare nation depending on our government to take care of our every need. All we do is criticize, complain, and finally we accept and move on to the next issue. BTW, when do I get my stimulus check?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
hahaha

Americans are whiny little pansies... we do nothing but whine whine whine, you guys are right. Maybe the government will give us some government cheese to have with our whiiiine?

I'm ashamed to live in this country of sheeple
I promise as soon as I am in the financial position, I'm out of here...

Does anyone want to know what the next freedom they take away will be?

Suspension of Habeas corpus (sp?), wiretapping, spying, torturing, economic collapse, owned by a privately owned central bank.... God bless America... pft

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I share your sentiments. I say about 90-95 % of america is made of useless people.

You do notice what you posted.

Originally posted by ImaNutter

I'm ashamed to live in this country of sheeple
I promise as soon as I am in the financial position, I'm out of here...

I've been saying the same thing for decades. Unfortunately their fence is too high for my escape. You have to admit they did design the system very precise. They own all the resources and take our money if we want it. We willingly give them our taxes and are left with NOTHING and incapabale of executing the move to make our freedom a reality.

Sad that for the freedom, we need the money they use to hold us hostage. I honestly think everyone needs to stop giving and start taking.Dependence is way over rated.I figure the only way we will truly gain independence (again) is for such a huge disaster or war in which all the weak and useless who cann't fend for themselves die off and we can start from their. Dreams and aspirations, aren't they breathtaking?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by memoir

You are not going to find any, because our nation is ruled by corrupted financial institutions, corporate greed and a dirty government, so do not expect anything coming from us the citizens all we do is bend over and keep taking it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
They're supposedly only tapping calls between America and other countries.

The way I heard it on the radio, though, it sounded like the companies who were forced to comply really didn't want to.

Weird.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Fair enough. Just means they'll swap data with other intelligence services so none of them break the law.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I could care less if the government listened to every phone call I made, Its only until I'm being persecuted for my freedom to say what ever I want that I have a problem with. Now don't get me wrong, I would feel uncomfortable if I was personally told my every conversation is being listened to, documented and analyzed.

But If I was told I will not know either or, then I could care less, just don't come knocking on my door when I joke about bombing my neighbor, gosh....

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
They're supposedly only tapping calls between America and other countries.

That's not what the article says. It says emails are intercepted too.

WASHINGTON — A federal intelligence court, in a rare public opinion, issued a major ruling validating the power of the president and Congress to wiretap international phone calls and intercept e-mail messages without a specific court order, even when Americans’ private communications may be involved.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It's just for international calls and emails. If what they say is true and they're doing it for international calls/emails I don't see a problem with it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
I could care less if the government listened to every phone call I made

What people personally care about and the law, are two completely different things, and in this case the Constitution cares.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. - Fourth Amendment

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
It's just for international calls and emails. If what they say is true and they're doing it for international calls/emails I don't see a problem with it.

And when was the last time the Government lied to us? Never, right? So it's probably all good and legal

new topics

top topics

join