It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time itself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hi all.

I am really not sure where to post this, so lets give it a try here and if its in the wrong forum please Mods move it to a more appropriate one.

Time.

Why is it that some mornings you wake up and time seems to be moving ever so slowly. Then other mornings time seems to speed right.

I counted out a minute once in my head and the minute on the clock changed when I had counted to 43 seconds. OK I may not be the most accurate clock but I am only ever a few seconds out and not by that much of a margin.
This happened one morning and the day seemed to fly by.
Other days seem to drag which is great when you are in bed and feel like you have had half hour's kip and only 5 minutes elapsed.

Maybe time is not constant.
Can any of you fine people out there throw any light on this or do any of you have similar experience's.

colec156

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say we all have those days.

Einstein, I believe it was, who said Time for each individual is perceived at a different rate but not in those exact terms as I can't recall the term he used because I'm having a brain fart at the moment.

Time is measured at a constant by mechanical means but we each may precieve the day going faster on vacation and going slower at work.

Edit: I should point out though that maybe if gravity was changed enough in a particular area you could see a clock slow down due to the forces pulling down on a mechanical clock with hands. Chances are though it's a dead or dieing battery but is kind of fun to think about anyway.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's your perception of time. An atomic clock (whatever that is) counts out a day quite consistently, but then does not get distracted by work, the TV, etc. Cells are pretty good at measuring time, in optimal conditions, the time between each doubling up to two cells is pretty consistent. Maybe it's consciousness that ballses it all up. But with consciousness we can make clocks now, so maybe we delegate our perception of time. I think I'm starting to ramble....

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Scientifically time is just a unit of measure. There really isn't no such thing as time. I forgot where I read it at but an atomic clock doesn't measure time it measures something or another that we call time. I know that doesn't make sense but the best I can explain it is that there are particles(or something) that deteriorates consistently and the atomic clock operators in turn convert that measurement into time.

All and All time is just perception.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Time is a lie. Its a man made measurment. So time would only be as constant as you want it to be.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
time is illusion, as the past & the future only exist in our mind...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What about time, now?

I think it's time for everyone to stop pretending to not know of the eleven other dimensions that exist around them, and are experienced constantly every day, and that "they" are not "I" and that "I" is just one point on a big picture that moves with its own motions. Then time is more easy to understand.

As well as the rest of existence.

new topics

top topics

join