It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile phones for a given sit X

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

I am glad that people are looking at mobiles phones now as a tool of survival rather than the notion, in sitx I am tossing my phone in the river.

I will do some research and list what I think would be useful phones in a given sitx like a black out, etc.
regards

colec

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Yes colec may be useful in some sitx's but if they are government caused then it is understandable to not want something that is trackable on your person.

Also the way I see it is if the nature caused sitx is so bad that you are in a position where you are needing survival tools the chance of the phone network surviving is unlikely. In addition to this if we are talking about over a long period of time and the network systems are still online then even if you have spare batteries and a solar powered charger you will be being charged credit. If the network is still running its machines will continue to charge you credit because they do not react to disasters like we do. So your phone will only be of use for a limited length of time.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

I think you missed my point a little, friend.
Again my phone. If I am at work where not everywhere has natural light and we get a power cut, My phone has a very bright light on it that can used to find your way. The light also does SOS.
My phone has a radio, say terrorist attack, I can listen to latest developments via the radio.

Yes if the govt decide to cause a problem then fair enough, ditch the phone.
If society falls completely then yes the phone would be little or no use.

A sitx can be many things waiting to happen.

Regards.

Colec

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join