It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Dines With Conservative Columnists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
FOX News

President-elect Barack Obama has filled his administration with the occasional critic, but he met with the real team of rivals Tuesday night.

The incoming president dined with a table full of conservative columnists and commentators at the home of George Will just outside Washington.
Notable guests at Will's home included the National Review's Rich Lowry, columnist Charles Krauthammer, The Weekly Standard's Bill Kristol, U.S. News & World Report's Michael Barone, The Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan and Paul Gigot, The New York Times' David Brooks and columnist Larry Kudlow. Several of the guests are frequent FOX News guests and contributors.

I'm curious what people think about this. I'm predicting that Obama critics will say that he was kissing up to the press and his supporters will say it was a daring bipartisan gesture...

I think it's very interesting, especially since he also met with liberal columnists and media, too, and all conversation is, so far, off the record. I can't help but wonder if something's up...

What do you think he's up to?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Maybe he is trying to assimilate the last batch of people left to be assimilated???

I know Bush also just recently met with and held a private session with Conservative talk show hosts.
When Bush gives a public press conference he says "nukular", but when he meets with these folks in private he says "nuclear" and winks.

So the "Bush the idiot" was all pretend and just an act, maybe we are seeing the reverse here.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Socially, dinner is usually not considered a place for "heavy lifting" conversationally. There may have been some more serious talk with the brandy and/or coffee afterward, but my guess is the visit was mainy to show that Obama was including the columnists in his social circle.

I'm not sure if that will make George Will or any of the rest of them any easier on Obama in their columns, but it shows a certain grace and inclusiveness that seems to be a signature of the Obamas.

join