It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious columns of coloured light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Has this been looked at anywhere here? Columns of mysterious light appeared in Latvia last month?

These stunning images show mysterious columns of light streaming into the sky above the town of Sigulda in Latvia at the end of last month.
Taken by designer Aigar Truhins with a standard digital camera, the photographs have prompted excited online discussions among amateur astronomists all over the internet.
'My son exclaimed, 'The aliens are coming!'' Truhins was quoted as saying.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There are more photos at the source. Too weird. I can't say I've ever seen anything like this. Obviously it has something to do with the street lights below, but why the outward flare towards the top?

[edit on 15-1-2009 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Light disperses like that in fog, I've had that effect in pics too. Very beautiful!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yes, indeed, like the crystallized mist effect. The mist only reaches a certain elevation above your head and respectively above those street lights. When it reaches it's dissipation point the light seems to spread.

Still, I can't think of much that can take from it's beauty. Truly a spectacle to be relished like the rings around the moon, rainbows, aurora, lightning from above the ionosphere and the like.

Thanks for the pics...I see a new Wallpaper in my repertoire

join