It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is mental majik?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I've heard of many different kinds of magic: elemental, raw, physical, but I, not anyone else I know, knows what mental magic is. Even my teacher doesn't completely understand it, and says it appears in the old stories of the spirit world, but no longer exists.

I was wondering if anyone has information about this apparently lost form of magic.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kagutuchi

I'm no expert on this at all. But I suspect 'mental magic' is now termed as psychology. Once we have a scientific word for it, it is deemed rational, not irrational, and that may be what is going on?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Perhaps.

My idea was that it consists of many tricks for manipulating people to do what you want, and that's it, so that the whole thing was actually blown out of proportion and exaggerated.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Perhaps.

My idea was that it consists of many tricks for manipulating people to do what you want, and that's it, so that the whole thing was actually blown out of proportion and exaggerated.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have no idea if you are right or wrong, but if you are right, people who are manipulated can still be very powerful so it would have gotten judged maybe by it's impact rather than the ideas in the melting pot...... As I said, I'm no expert.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kagutuchi

Just shooting from the hip here. Let's just use starwars and the "Jedi Mind trick". No i'm not a huge star wars fan. I think it's manipulating the minds of others with that as a consideration. Might also be "remote influence." Look that one up

new topics

top topics

join