It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Approval Ratings Obama 71% Bush 34%

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Another prediction. His numbers will drop right from the beginning. A recession will do that. It'll be his policies that will make or break his presidency. They work and he's reelected(Hillary cries). They fail and he's toast.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
They fail and he's toast.

Palin/the Plumber '12...

Then I cry.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Palin/the Plumber '12...

Then I cry.

Romney
Watch out for this guy. I have NO idea how McCain beat him in the primaries. I've heard it said that an LDS wouldn't be elected. Maybe but a black man just got elected. Never thought that would happen in my lifetime. Glad I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What could they possibly approve of? The way he has bungled most of his appointments so far? The scandal of his dealings with Blago? His lavish overexpenditures for his 'coronation'? His stupid, unworkable ideas for his stimulus package?

To me, this 71% number comes from the same people who answered the 'man on the street' interviews. You know, the ones who approved of Obama's choice of Sarah Palin as his VP!

[edit on 15-1-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
What could they possibly approve of? The way he has bungled most of his appointments so far?

How has he and/or his appointments "bungled"? They haven't done anything yet. Hey, he might be right with his appointments? Or you might be. Let's wait for something to diss first.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

His choices have been very poor so far. So many skeletons coming out of the closets. Either he doesn't know how to vet people or he only knows and hangs around with hoods.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

His choices have been very poor so far.

According to who?

So many skeletons coming out of the closets.

That's ancient history. EVERYONE has "skeletons", real or made up. Is he picking the people that America needs right now? I'm not saying he is. I'm saying let's see what happens.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I don't think we have any choice but to "wait and see what happens". But there is nothing wrong with voicing our opinions in the meantime, is there? And we'll continue to do so.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Dear Obama haters,

It's actually really satisfying to read your posts. Keep them coming. We are all going to have a good time re-reading them after the dust settles.

Anyone that denies the ills that have befallen our country under the Bush/NeoCon rabble is not only blind, but deaf as well.

Brown professors will one day tell incredulous brown people about the time that the US was almost destroyed by paranoid people with little brains and big mouths, who thought they could create a fourth Reich in a Country with no patience for fools or fascists.

Cry on,
Ziggy

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well the latest from Rasmussen shows his approval ratings at 42%.

A 30 point drop? What did he do? Say something?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

The poll is broken into 4 responses:
Strongly Approve - 41%
Somewhat Approve - 24%
Somewhat Disapprove - 17%
Strongly Disapprove - 16%

The "Approval" number is the sum of the first two. The "Disapproval" number is the sum of the bottom two.

From your source:

Overall, 65% of voters somewhat or strongly approve of Obama’s performance so far while 33% disapprove.

A 30 point drop? What did he do? Say something?

No, you just didn't read all the information, I'm afraid.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The only change is the millions of dollars in his pocket from the people who really run your corrupt country.Im right your wrong and you can quote me on that.It will be painful to watch all your dreams shattered because you give in to the cheesy lines,glinting smiles and the celebrity/messiah complex alot of americans oh so love to drool over.Of course im only interested because it will have a direct impact on the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Palin/the Plumber '12...

Then I cry.

Romney
Watch out for this guy. I have NO idea how McCain beat him in the primaries.

Because the way primaries work, Democrats are allowed to vote in the Republican primaries and vice versa, so the potential to scuttle the opposition's candidate is a real factor.

But IMO, that was only part of it. I really think it was Romney being a Mormon and people being so put off by religions they don't understand that did him in.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Once upon a time Bush had an 88% favorability rating.
But then he screwed up and it all slipped away.

BUSH approval chart

Wall Street Journal

Bush's current job approval rating stands at 34%, compared with a positive rating of 88% soon after 9/11, 50% at this time last year, and 40% in August.

America is tired of Bush. Both the repubicans and non-republicans.
Obama gets his favorability rating mostly because he isn't Bush.

Approval ratings go up and down. Once people have to actually live with what Obama is doing - or isn't doing - then the ratings will matter. Right now, the people are all just 'high' off the fact that Bush is getting out and they've bought into the goods Obama is selling them.

Edited to add - I think it's very clear that the top people in the Republican party will not support Palin for President in 2012. When asked about her for 2012 they sidestep and say things like 'we have a lot of talent' and 'I'll see who the people want before endorsing' and 'Romeny is wonderful' and 'Jindel is amazing' .... I think it's very clear they won't be supporting her for anything on the national level.

[edit on 1/19/2009 by FlyersFan]

sty

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
whoever comes after Bush would have high aproval. This is how the scam works ! and its allways working. When Bush come to power after Clinton, was the same enthusiasm. There is no change, just different puppets that gives the illusion of freedom.. good luck !

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Obama's Popularity Grows as Inauguration Nears

Eighty-four percent of those surveyed say they approve of how Obama is handling the presidential transition.
Thirty-nine percent of those questioned feel that Obama's Inauguration is a celebration by supporters of the winning candidate, 33 percentage points lower than those who felt the same way about Bush's 2001 inauguration.

"The public saw both of Bush's inaugurations as celebrations just for his supporters," Holland said.

That's an interesting perception. I'm glad Obama is being seen as president of all of us.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Obama will prove to be just as useless and ignorant as Bush it's just gonna take a little while longer for everyone to see it. when it happens he'll get a d.a. little nickname just like Bush.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Obama's Popularity Grows as Inauguration Nears

Obama's popularity wanes as inauguration parties are now in rear view mirrors and reality sinks in.

Rasmussen

Obama approval - 60%. Still okay. But not nearly as strong as it was and it's coming down. I don't know if it's because of the broken lobbiest promises, or the spendulus bill, or the problems with his cabinet appointments .. or if it's just that reality starting to wake people up.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
But IMO, that was only part of it. I really think it was Romney being a Mormon and people being so put off by religions they don't understand that did him in.

Actually, the people do understand Mormonism and that's what did him in.

topic.....my personal opinion of Obama is about 50%

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You know whats funny, when I saw this thread on Recent post, i already knew who started the thread before I read it. BH.
I mean really, are you in a lovefest with this guy? What has he done for you besides whisper sweet nothings into your ear?
God, the Zombie folk that flock to him really disturbs me. They have NO idea of what he is going to do for this country, he hasnt even been in office for a month yet! he still has 3 years and 11 months to go, plenty of time to screw things up.
On top of that, you cant compare a president who spent 8 years in office, who had been through war, terrorist attacks, and crazy extreme left wing hate to a man who has barely got his feet wet.
Its really scary to see so many uneducated people out there flock to this guy, its like he has his own private zombie following. They wont EVER question him, they will love him no matter what.
When it comes down to it, the people that should really be accepted of him, is our military, for they are the ones who have to put their lives on the line for his decisions, and if they arent comfortable with that, how efficient do you think they are going to be? Last time I checked, his approval ratings in the military were not that high. Its easy for you to sit in your living room watching your big screen t.v while he hypnotizes you into loving him, but its not so easy for them.
I may sound like an Obama hater right now, just typing this out right now I can hear myself thinking the worst things, not because I hate him, but because I am really scared of the man. He frightens me, and thats me being honest. He talks to the American people like they are stupid, and they just smile and say "yea we are, but we love you". I cant trust the man, and until he proves that he is worthy of such a title, I am still going to hold my views on him. He hasnt done anything to impress me yet because he hasnt had time to. Thats why I dont understand how people can be so in love. What is going to happen if he REALLY screws up bad? Is he going to be held accountable just as Bush was? Probably not. He will be forgiven. Joe biden was right, he will get tested, and you know what, I hope he does get tested because I need to know if he can handle it.
We will see. Until then, approval ratings for him right now mean squat.
Just being real with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join