It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shot Show 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Opens today.

I'm particularly interested in Kahr's new .380 and the pricing for the civilian SCAR set to be out this year. Ruger's "much anticipated" Mini-14 "tacti-cool" news can suck it.

Anything peak your interest this year?

Here's a link to todays ShotDaily

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Some pistures from Shot Show 2009's first day:

ShotShow Pics

I really like the new XD's and that silver and white P238 is definitely stylish.
Knowing Sig it's about $1,000 stylish but stylish nonetheless. The kind of pistol you carry while wearing a white top-hat and holding a white cane.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I really like how you posted your pics, very well organized and what not. That AimPoint Sight is pretty crazy looking, did you happen to look in it to see its effectiveness?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Unfortunately those arent my pics. I'm stuck about 1200 miles away in a cubicle.

I too want to know what was "interesting" about the Aimpoint.

Each issue of ShotDaily will highlight different products to maybe there will be an article in an upcoming installment.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by drsmooth23

Unfortunately those arent my pics. I'm stuck about 1200 miles away in a cubicle.

haha sorry about that, I didnt mean to rub it in, ill have to google it or something.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This Remington is interesting. It's a pump .223 that accepts AR mags.
230grain.com...

It makes me a little nervous to see this. Remington expecting a semi-auto ban, perhaps?

If I buy just one gun this year it'll be the SCAR-H
230grain.com...

Of course I'll have to sell a kidney but it's worth it.

The VaporWare ACR
230grain.com...

By the time it's released nobody will care anymore.

I like that Taurus is offering a pocket .380. I am definitely getting a pocket .380 this Summer and this year I have more options than ever with this Taurus 738 and the Kahr P380. Wont trust my life to a Kel-Tec and for his AWB promoting testimony I cant in good conscious buy Rugers LCP but it's nice to know there are options.

Pics from 1/16

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Mossbergs "less-lethal" shotgun. Designed to fire winged darts with taser type mechanisms. 230grain.com...

The second gun in the list. Crazy.

Here it is: Mossberg X12

Complete with video.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
SiG finally got the 556 right by offering a 17 inch version with the original foregrip and swiss style folding stock.

That makes the list for me, now to find 2 grand.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Any good semi-auto tactial rifles that stood out in the crowd? That chain saw with 200 amno drum looks crazy.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
we missed last year because MIL died and this year I broke my arm and DH's uncle died -- hopefully next year will be better --

[edit on 18-1-2009 by justme1640]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

If I buy just one gun this year it'll be the SCAR-H
230grain.com...

Of course I'll have to sell a kidney but it's worth it.

Have you heard anything about pricing? I saw something that said the Light 5.56 model is going to be $2800
at that kind of price there are plenty of piston powered AR options.

I'm interested in the Magpul Massoud but I didn't see any mention of it

THen there's the H&K MR223 and MR308 coming basically the civilian 416 and 417

[edit on 18-1-2009 by warpboost]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by warpboost

The light is supposed to have an SRP of $2600 and the heavy $2800.

Right now there are some lights up on GunBroker and GunsAmerica priced up to $6000 for those who just cant wait.

My concern is that as I save and sell to get fubds together for one the Obama factor is going to push the price and demand higher and faster than I will be able to save,

Then when I do have the money together all semi-autos will get banned and I;ll buy one of those stupid pump .223's Remington has introduced.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If you're that concerned don't wait and just get a direct impingement AR15 platform. For what that FN costs I bet you could build an AR from top of the line parts with an ACOG , extra mags, accessories, and some ammo! If you want a piston powered one there are plenty of options available today from LMT, LWRC, POF, Bushmaster etc..

I saw one FN SCAR L that had sold for $9000 on one the auctions sites

I looked for some info from Magpul at Shot 09 on the Massoud but couldnt find anything? I'm thinking since Bushmaster bought the Massada they will probably be the ones doing the Massoud

[edit on 18-1-2009 by warpboost]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
great post!
thanks for posting the pics regardless of whom took them.
really helps the research a ton. thank you.

new topics

top topics

join