It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France blasts Israel for targeting civilians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

France blasts Israel for targeting civilians

www.presstv.ir

France hammers Israel for its bombardment of civilian targets in Gaza after a building owned by the UN relief agency came under fire.

The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thursday issued strong condemnation of Tel Aviv over its targeting of several hospitals, a UN compound and a media building in the Gaza Strip, AFP reported.

The comments come on the 20th day of the Tel Aviv offensive into the coastal sliver. So far at least 1,100 Palestinians have been killed and around 4,700 others have been wounded, according to medics.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
France's foreign policy seems to be one of the last srongholds of humanity and democracy in the west. They stand up to the big bad empire builders who would like to define a new type of morality for mankind. They dared to call the Bush administrations lies and forgeries. No surprise the american war party and israel lobby expended so much energy on francophobia during the past years...

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
France? Gettin tough now?psh.
Like they will do anything about it.
All they are good for is talk and perfume.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
France is funny in a real insignificant way.
Viva la collaborateur.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
France??

The French love to talk the big talk. They are lovers not fighters. In a major conflict they would be the first to drop and curl up into the fetal position. Then they would call for help. They suffer from a fear of commitment. Much like Obama they care to much what everyone thinks of them.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
France having or stating an opinion about anything is about as insignificant as their country is or ever has been.

Hint: Type French Military Victories into Google and hit I'm Feeling Lucky

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

i am confused

France change their tune alot

one day they are kissing up to Israel, We are best of friends
and second Bad Israel

france is Jokes

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
First off, this is a Iranian press agency, so take what it says with caution. Still, as i've heard of this being reported in several other news agencies, then this is interesting. It's good that a western nation has the .. strength to criticise Israel, but i can't shake off the feeling that this is a small concession and they'll be back to being the best of friends with Israel in a short period of time.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have yet to see France send planes to take out any innocent civilians to protect them.

I have yet to see France send any troops to stop the two sides from fighting to protect civilians.

Keep criticizing France. Your actions are no doubt louder than your words.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonspurter
Hint: Type French Military Victories into Google and hit I'm Feeling Lucky

Hint: Type TAmerican Military Defeats (current or otherwise) into Google and hit I'm Feeling Lucky

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I have yet to see France send planes to take out any innocent civilians to protect them.

I have yet to see France send any troops to stop the two sides from fighting to protect civilians.

Seriously dude, you always astound me with your non-sequiturs.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You guys are AMAZING.

I love the French bashing, how enlightened you all are.

I really love how one of the biggest criticisms is that the French are not 'good warriors', what a wonderful metric for evaluating human worth.

Sure the French are not perfect but at least they are ONE western nation that has the ability to call Israel out for it's atrocious actions when all the other western nations wet their pants lining up to 'help out'.

Mock away, sadly you make yourselves look like fools.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Appreciate the comment, but it is nothing but the dang truth.

However, France isn't the only one that would be crying out of one eye about the innocent lives lost and closing the other eye to the inaction they have taken to further prevent the loss of innocent lives. So keep
because many more innocent lives will be lost while countries continue to criticize RATHER THAN ACT.

Have a good one

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Keep criticizing France. Your actions are no doubt louder than your words.

Hi, sure words are easy, and I'm sure my gov won't do anything...no doubt about that, but at least they're not selling weapons...(as far as I know), see what I mean ?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
You guys are AMAZING.

I love the French bashing, how enlightened you all are.

I really love how one of the biggest criticisms is that the French are not 'good warriors', what a wonderful metric for evaluating human worth.

Sure the French are not perfect but at least they are ONE western nation that has the ability to call Israel out for it's atrocious actions when all the other western nations wet their pants lining up to 'help out'.

Mock away, sadly you make yourselves look like fools.

Well Im sorry, but it is easy to critizize someone. It is harder to act on those beliefs. I can sit here and say you are a murdering coward, but if I dont do anything about it, Im just as responsible for the murders as you are for not doing something to stop it besides puttin my two cents in.
And they are not the only nation that has called Isreal out.....if you ask me, they have just jumped on the bandwagon because they know so many other nations that will actually do something about it have stated their discontent for them already.

So I stick by what I say when I say France is just blowing hot air, trying to act hard when really they should just shut up and make more perfume. Its either put up or shut up in my book.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Well Im sorry, but it is easy to critizize someone. It is harder to act on those beliefs. I can sit here and say you are a murdering coward, but if I dont do anything about it, Im just as responsible for the murders as you are for not doing something to stop it besides puttin my two cents in.

Sure, I can sort of see where you are coming from, but the difference between civil society and global politics is HUGE. The simple fact that a WESTERN nation is calling Israel out for committing atrocities puts political pressure on them. What would you have France do? Bomb Israel? that would be counter productive don't you think? So France HAS done something proactive, dismiss it based upon your biases if you like but it is a fact.

And they are not the only nation that has called Isreal out.....if you ask me, they have just jumped on the bandwagon because they know so many other nations that will actually do something about it have stated their discontent for them already.

Really? What other western nation has called Israel out? What nations are preparing to do somehting thus setting up the 'bandwagon' your talking about?

So I stick by what I say when I say France is just blowing hot air, trying to act hard when really they should just shut up and make more perfume. Its either put up or shut up in my book.

No France is not blowing hot air, nor are they even likely interested in 'acting hard'. They are calling a nation out for atrocities making it harder for nations like the USA and the UK to continue to support such actions. Acting Hard is the roll of actors in Brainless flicks like "Die Hard". "Acting Hard" is what Bush tried to do and remember how well "Bring 'em On!" worked for him...Please...

To all those who criticize France for "not acting" what would you have them do?

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Animal]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The UK echoes the French condemnation of Israel

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

jihebo, the last thing in the world I would do is disagree with you, but the only French that will be falling into the fetal position would be those few who failed to purchase the bright, neon yellow T-shirts that say, "DON"T SHOOT! I'M A COLLABORATOR!"

In German.

If that's the last civilized country in the West, then to hell with civilization.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Marmelade

It's true, the French are not selling weapons.

But when they do, they are all in pristine condition, never fired, and only dropped once.

The French tanks are superb: one speed forward, six in reverse.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Your nazi humour is very revealing about your concept of "civilization".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join