It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover "Universe is Giant 3D Hologram"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

My proof is that im alive... sorry to make it so plain..

or shall we go ask god.. oh wait you dont know what god is do u?

shall i keep going?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
reply to post by TH3ON3

My proof is that im alive... sorry to make it so plain..

or shall we go ask god.. oh wait you dont know what god is do u?

shall i keep going?

Actually I have witnessed the laws of physics and this world changed. This was in direct response to asking the God who dwells in Heaven to do something only the person who created this world could do.

You say I have no proof, but I do and with another witness to prove it.

Sorry, but your argument falls flat from what I have seen.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Whatever...believe what you like, and I'll believe what I know from input received directly from the "Programmer"

yes and god progammed him right?? its a never ending looop of total nonsenical arguments..

we are here now what do we plan on doing about it?

key word here is "infintiy"

it helps to understand what that infact means...

can you see infinity when you are dead? no you cant..

this is apart of creation "it" created us to CREATE IT again.. its a simple thing

But its not a hologram...

look at what the thread title says here...

The Universe is a giating 3d hologram = of what? what is it projecting???

can you tell me what it is infact projecting? NO YOU CANT..

I await the proof...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

I'm not a religious person..not at all so i am open to other possibilities. What exactly that may be i do not know. I think it's an interesting theory though.

I don't think it is something we were meant to understand...the universe..existence itself.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

my argument is infact based on the very question you ask...

Why is it you ask? why do you think some holographic projection of something you do not know you can understand

? or are you god?.. i think not..

Understand this.. we are not a projection of anything we understand..

or we would not be asking IT now would we.

its called not knowing get use to it.. or ask god for some tips im sure the don one will asnwer you in due time.. or you could chat about it for etenity when you infact leave the loop we call being alive and die.. but thats not concern to me.

The theory fails becouse its projection only our understanding of infinity....

just like god and the bible.. or nassim and fractals.. ITS ALL A BIG LOOOP or why do we have infinity???

same dumb question

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

It is possibly a control to control the controlled. But do you know that you are controlled? No!

That is why freewill has to be the ultimate rule. It is a game changer. You do not believe because being scientific and never to have observed any proof of the Creator, you obviously can't believe.

I understand that. But again, I believe because I have seen the laws of this earth bent, and even broken to bring about a physical change in a created being...me.

That is one reason I can say that this may not be totally true about the hologram, but I think it possible and easily done with the type of limitless power God wields.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

how about a more simple explanation of this, like: you are the original 3-dimensional body being projected onto a 2-dimensional surface? tell me if i'm wrong but don't they try to explain a natural process like shadows and reflections in the opposite direction? even if you look at gravity or information it seems more logical to start looking from the inside to the outside than the other way around. they even say it clear, they are watching a star inside of the black hole being projected onto the event horizon. so my guess is,we are not projected but we are projecting ourselves to the outside. why make it easy when you can make it hard...;c)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
In my opinion, I can think of a couple of different explanations for the observations that the article talks about.

The fact that there is a limit to the resolution of space-time is consistant with our other observations. We know already that there is a minimum limit to packets of energy. We have created the science of Quantum Mechanics to explain it. We have been able to verify that the quanta are very real.

So, what does it mean that space-time has a limited resoltuion?

It could mean that the entire Universe is existing inside a giant black hole. The article talked about a 2-D image being connected to our 3-D image. The event horizon of a black hole is a 2-D space that is connected with the 3-D matter that has fallen into the black hole.

It could also mean that the entire Universe is simply a computer simulation, running on some cosmic mainframe. If this is the case, then the experiment has simply discovered the limits of resolution of the simulation. This is actually a very old theory.

It is also possible that the noise in the equipment is due to the limits of our manufacturing capability. If this is so, any "discovery" made is likely to be overturned as better lasers become available.

There is one characteristic of holograms that I would like to point out. Any part of a hologram contains a complete image of the whole. So, if we are all part of a giant hologram, then the entire Universe is imaged in every part of us. Think about the philisophical implications that this would indicate. Science would have to revisit concepts of Existentialism, Religion, Metaphysics, Magic, etc. The exploration of the entire Universe could be done by an exploration of ourselves. This is a concept that many religions have claimed for millenia.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

you are correct.. we aint ment to understand the start or the end..

what is the point of it?? "becouse we want to be god" or get closer to it.. in some minds god is some super dude in a toga who plays computer games and progamms life for a joke.. i mean lets get real here..

who bloody cares who made us??? lets just stay here !!!

Im talking human race not people..

we as a collective are way # up and past it and i would hate to think my life was wasted not showing the rest of you what i understand as me..

the loop we are stuck in IS a good thing and its proven "infinity"..

Now what do we do? go looking for the end of something that has no end?

or do we enjoy being inside the loop to make our life "being alive" prefected and make it last for as long as we can..

we are playing poker with our own exsitance.. and right now we have a very crappy hand...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Look i can understand and relate to what it is you are saying..

But What im trying to say is "god" is our big big question.. so big its just mind boggling..

Now Loops "infinity" to me is not... Infintiy is the ying/yang of life..

To be here is to wintness infintiy that is our gift.. we can even see life as you put it being created infront of our eyes "black hole"... we do it when we make kids..

A hologram as the artical and picture shows is just a beautifull fractal picture of the loop but on a grand scale

dont worry about the loop, worry about staying inside it. We need to understand this is our goal..stay alive..as people and as a race...

or we are out of the loop
the loop that enables you to type your responce

its that simple

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

reply to post by TH3ON3

my argument is in fact based on the very question you ask...

Why is it you ask? why do you think some holographic projection of something you do not know you can understand

? or are you god?.. i think not..

No, but I was created in His image with intelligence to ask these questions, even though you are correct in one point, He says do not dwell on questions you can't understand.

reply to post by TH3ON3

Nope we dont become discontinued... we in fact become the programmer..

I didn't say we become discontinued, I said this creation will end, and then a new set of inputs totally different then the current will be instituted.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This thread has my head spinning.
While this completely fascinates me, I'm not
sure what to make of it.

Is this the theory of everything?! (half kidding).

I wish I had something more to add. With that being
said, "Thanks to the posters who dumbed it down a bit for
me".

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

the mainframe lol omg..

its just a loop

i wish some would stop and look at what im saying for just a moment..

We are in a LOOP a paradime / paradox

the loop has a clear set of goals and there is one goal that is to LOOP

we are INSIDE IT.. why do you think we have symmerty???

it was here BEFOR we even thought of computers !!!

its all around us in nature we can see it in books but yes peole keep question WHY it loops

why = pi

pi is you asking the loop why is it looping!!!! = infinity

being in the loop and knowing you are is totaly different than asking why it does what it does..

you will be here for infintiy if you keep asking..

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Well of course you don't understand it! You are a cloth chicken head stuck on top of a barbequed chicken!

Actually, nobody really understands it either. I am reading a book by Leonard Susskind and he points out that he barely understands his own theories.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Has anyone watched the film 'Even Horizon'?

It may not say something about the holographic universe but a theory what might happen and what you might see outside the universe

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have thought that I am really an observer and I am watching this 3-D movie that I have influence over with my thought. If you think about it, you don't really do anything. You allow things to be done. For example, think about the many muscles that have to be used just to sign your name. You don't actually move each little muscle 10 degrees to the left and etc... You just think that you choose to sign your name and then allow it to happen and observe it happening. My 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

He says do not dwell on questions you can't understand.

i guess ur into the god theory then...

He does indeed if he did ask.. STOP ASKING WHY get on with it..

read it again: He says do not dwell on questions you can't understand.

do you want to understand what it is to be alive or do you wish to understand why god made you qeustion your very exsistance?

Please i wish to understand...

And im sure you dont know
becouse you will keep asking god and hes not going to tell you...

Our job is to stay alive.. natural selection is a big give away!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
reply to post by cluckerspud

Well of course you don't understand it! You are a cloth chicken head stuck on top of a barbequed chicken!

Actually, nobody really understands it either. I am reading a book by Leonard Susskind and he points out that he barely understands his own theories.

_javascript:icon('
')

What is the book?! On this topic?!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by David9176

. in some minds god is some super dude in a toga who plays computer games and progamms life for a joke.. i mean lets get real here..

who bloody cares who made us??? lets just stay here !!!

Because once again there is a purpose to this life. Call it what you want, it is nothing more than a test to see if you will pass.

Those who can't or wont believe in Gods plan for a continuance of life on a higher level, will not be allowed to go there.

It is common sense. You can't be trusted to stay in your place because you have freewill...it can and will change the future. That is why I call it the ultimate rule,..but if you don't believe in God, obviously you don't believe in this rule.

It is why we are here in this creation, to prove our allegiance to God, so we wont turn against Him in say 1 million years, like a certain other created being called Lucifer.

That is what I know to be the truth, with proof to back my knowledge up...the laws of this universe being broken by a plea for the CREATOR to intervene, and, when He did, the result was a change in physical properties, nothing short of science.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join