It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover "Universe is Giant 3D Hologram"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+72 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ever feel like none of this is real? You may be right. Scientists with equipment to study gravitational waves have stumbled upon something far more strange...

Universe is giant 3D hologram

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
One of David Icke's theories that i've always liked is the holographic universe. From this article it appears he might be spot on in that one!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
One of David Icke's theories that i've always liked is the holographic universe. From this article it appears he might be spot on in that one!

Ok you got me interested what theory? can someone explain it in laymans terms to me as I am not a physicist nor a professor of any kind.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
WOW!!!!!! Ijust read the whole article, and asI am siting here typing, I am thinking that there is another me out there in a 2dimensional form causing me to do so. this is a little hard to get my head around. i saw a post on the article page andit said "Does that mean I am like homer simpson? doh!"

I couldnt help but think, what will this do in termsof religion, and how religion is seen throughout the world?
Im starting to get a little creeped out to tell you the truth.
At least I know the 2 Dimensional me likes to participate on ATS within the Terms & Conditions.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites (ATS, BTS, AP). – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It may come without Reptilians or any other of Icke's more colorful delusions but Michio Kaku has been on this for a while with Hyperspace.

Also, Michael Talbots book: The Holographic Universe.

*Certified Reptillian Overlord Free*

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

The book thisguyrighthere posted above is a really good start. Icke speaks about his theories frequently in his lectures also. You can listen to one here.

And there's a youtube video that explains it quite well:

The Holographic Universe Part 1 Part 2

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This stuff should be taught fromt he 1st grade on, seriously.

I'm always shocked that people have no idea. It's sad.

No matter how many threads post this subject matter, most
people think they're made out of the same stuff as their
concrete driveways ('solid matter').

Regardless of the fact that there is Nothing Solid in the
Universe, or anywhere else, for that 'matter.'

So, learn this, and try google more information rather than
remaining ignorant. How would I know? Having had innumberable
exepreinces, like full-out spontaneous cosmic consciousness (no, not kidding) and the like, you realize something isn't right with the
common acceptance of 'it's all matter' attitudes and beliefs
people have (and maintain).

But, a box is a box. This is a good start. This might even convince
a couple people, and awaaayyy they go.....

Want a simpler version of the holo-function? Just ask.

And David Icke is more than right on about this and even those
scary reps he keeps talking about. I have it straight from my
Soul (Higher Self/Guardian/SoulSelf, etc.). Honest. But what's a
master metaphysician like him to do with those who aren't able
to follow? He tries. Base consciousness cannot follow into the
Capstone, I'm afraid. But it can come Near, at times...

I suppose I would be stretching it to tell you all that I've sat
within the Wave of Existence on several occasions? Reason I
mention it, is because as I read around on the web over a period
of time, I realized it resembled nothing so much as some descriptions
of gravitational waves...It interpenetrated everything, and carried
my consciousness on it along with everhting else: One could see
through walls, trees, everything while within it (no substance use,
thanks).

But, praise for this excellent thread. S&F.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I couldnt help but think, what will this do in termsof religion, and how religion is seen throughout the world?

Not speaking for all those who follow Christ, but that is one of the premises of the Jesus figure. He was the son of man which is the representation of his higher self in the heavens. Think of yourself as a sock puppet and your real self is acting out its thoughts in this world which is a matrix.

The world itself is just the working end of the pantograph and the real world is the stylus.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Could you say that in holo lingo, instead of jesu box terminology?

I'm sort of tired of hearing the ol' jesu's gonna save the hologram
you stuff. Jesu was nothing but a composite used to overlay enough
information to mystify the truth in the sheep-masses minds. C'mon!

"When we first started this book, we said we are not your saviors; we're not messianic. We wanted to clearly step out of that projection so that the reader understood that we were simply elder brothers and sisters offering our understanding and what we have learned. In our understanding, the belief that different alien intelligences are going to save you....are just projections [!!!] of human unconsciousness. The hope that someone will save you, that you will not have to make any changes in yourself, that you will not have to be responsible, is unrealistic.

"The belief that you can stay in patterns of lethargy and unconsciousness, then take something or have something given to you that willt ransform you without any effort on your part, is sheer folly. It won't happen."

"The Absolute is actually imbedded in and interpenetrates, or permeates, the relative Universe....

"As your science has verified, holograms have the unique quality of embedding information....In holograms, the whole is held within the part. Since the entire Universe is holographic in nature, and you are a part of it, you hold access to the entire holographic reality of your Universe within your own body. And, we might add, you have access to non-physical dimensions as well."
("The Hathor Material," by Tom Kenyon)

[edit on 15-1-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I read the article and emailed Karsten Danzmann. I don't know why, but I felt compelled.

I realize that my intelligence isn't comparable to the great minds of cosmology, but from a troubleshooting standpoint I felt like I had to get this off my chest. Many times, when coding I often jump to conclusions or look for a complex solution to a problem, often ignorant to the simple answer staring me in the face. So I sent the following email:

I just read an article in New Scientist about the GEO600. It is truly fascinating. One thing struck me, that I'm sure has been discussed before, but I just had to say it. Your team is working to isolate and 'tune' parts of the GEO600 to eliminate as much noise as possible. Once you've tuned the instrument as much as humanely possible, but are still experiencing noise (hooray for holograms) couldn't you emit the same noise, at the same frequency and create destructive interference? This would then bypass that 'layer' of noise allowing you and your team to listen for the gravitational waves you originally set out to find? I just figure, two discoveries are better than one. I know it's a silly, simplistic idea, but I had to say it. Thanks for your time,

Doubt I'll get a response, but who knows!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This discovery will be erased, Im sure agent Smith is already on the case

How amazing discovery, it makes you wonder who/what is behind the holographic projection which leads to questions like:

Is all this just an intelligent design?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I will try. It takes a laser, and the feed is programmed with a input picture, or reality in this case. When the laser is activated, the image or images are projected in the air, or anywhere, and they look as though they are real. This is the technology that begot Project Blue Beam. To project an image of Christ, or an Alien invasion in the sky for all to see and believe.

PROJECT BLUE BEAM

www.thewatcherfiles.com...

educate-yourself.org...

educate-yourself.org...

educate-yourself.org...

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70
Ever feel like none of this is real? You may be right. Scientists with equipment to study gravitational waves have stumbled upon something far more strange...

Universe is giant 3D hologram

I just love articles that prove to myself how incredibly stupid I really am.
Can someone explain what the hell this means? Soooo we are all living on God's Visa card? ...and even if we are.... so what? What possible good does it do me to know this fact?
... and more importantly what happens if His card expires?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
It may come without Reptilians or any other of Icke's more colorful delusions but Michio Kaku has been on this for a while with Hyperspace.

Also, Michael Talbots book: The Holographic Universe.

*Certified Reptillian Overlord Free*

Absolutely AMAZING book! I couldn't put it down! Come to think of it, I gotta get it back from my buddy... I'm of a mind to go through it another time! =P

[edit on 15-1-2009 by oaf21]

[edit on 15-1-2009 by oaf21]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If any one bothered to read the article like they have said they have then im sure they would have stumbled upon this a little gem that states no one is saying the universe is a hologram, the source could be mundane.
edit for S&F

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Europe]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

PROJECT BLUE BEAM

www.thewatcherfiles.com...

educate-yourself.org...

educate-yourself.org...

educate-yourself.org...

www.geocities.com...

The guy who thought this project blue beam up really needs to take up a hobby. ...and I thought I was paranoid! SHeesh!

I can't begin to tell you how much it upsets me when some idiot says that things like 2001 a space odessy or Star Trek was concieved in order to bring about a new world order. Whatever. I can't wait for his magical earthquakes and super holograms to give me suicidal thoughts or whatever.

Next we'll hear that the 'Animaniacs' was created to prepare us for 9/11!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm glad this came up on ATS as I had been reading about the Holo universe earlier today on New Scientist.

However, looking at the above replies and suppositions...hmmm....I would ask the OP to go back to the NS site and possibly glean some of the comments from that site.

There are some good criticisms of the theory and they should be up on this site to help stopper the wilder speculations

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

living on god's visa card, that's too good. we could go on with that. maybe my entire existance was had while god was swipping his card through the reader to buy a box of hull-o's at super lord mart.

yeah i suppose this is fascinating. but i can't stand it when the scientists act like it's something new. this has been philosophy for thousands of years.

ask any five year old what life is and they can tell you.

la lala la la.. life is but a dreammmmm

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
To me it makes sense but not the way the article explains it.

I've always thought and have mentioned a few times, that we are holograms by definition.

We are made up of particles every particle contain space between them, therefore we are essentially holograms governed by the laws of physics of those particles.

I would dispute a matrix type theory, just because there is too much evidence currently pointing away from us being the typical star wars or matrix type holograms we see in the movies.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Amazing discovery, although admittedly I don't really comprehend the dynamics and details in physics of the discovery, I think I get the big picture here.

This discovery, hopefully along with NASA's announcement later today regarding life on mars, may have a significant impact on people's core beliefs.

We're getting ever so close to answering two most important questions. First; is are we alone? and second; what the hell is this universe we are all part of?

Turning out to be quite a festive day,

Cheers!

Maj

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join