It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! I been redirected from ATS constantly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

Thanks, for the info, I use AVG on my old xp computer and it works fine and I like it.

But since I purchase my new one I decided to used live one care, but it didn't detect anything wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I've recently had a nasty Vundo infection. It has taken days, but I think I finally nixed it. AVG didn't get it, so I had to look elsewhere. If you're still having problems, the three programs I used are...

ATF Cleaner
Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware
Super Anti-Spyware

...in that order. All three are free and be sure to run them in Safe Mode without networking.
Good luck. These things can be nasty and tough to kill.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I had the same issue yesterday. I was redirected to the Yellow Pages from ATS only. No problems at all today. though.

Just to be safe, I'm downloading Super Anti Spyware. Thanks to those who recommended it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well today I have been here with no problems at all, not redirecting, I guess the problem for me has been resolved after running some of the anti spyware programs and blocking the sites on the browser.

Thank all for your great imputs, tips and info.

Thanks SO for the help.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It happened twice here also. Yesterday and the day before I believe. The first time it was DEX, and the second time it was Yellow Pages. Both times it also located shopping centers near my local ISP and brought up a map.

Please tell Big Brother to be a tad more discreet when tracking its citizens, people get worried about that kind of thing here in the U.S.

Actually, I'm sure it's an AD here on ATS provoking the redirect. I run Linux here, so it's not IE/ Windows specific.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yep happened to me while reading the 'Great news about 2012' thread while not logged in. It took me to this page which told me that i had been directed because of a problem with google search.

www.thesuppliers.co.uk...

I thought it was strange thats why i came looking to see if anyone else had had the problem.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I would suggest that people block all Flash, _javascript, Java, and ActiveX. It is these types of technology that are the most likely to be malevolent, and well programmed sites don't need them to function. With good blocking software, you can re-activate any .plugins you want to see anyway.

This will not circumvent ATS "no ad blocking" rules, as you aren't blocking the ads, just the dangerous technologies. Most decent ad providers will be able to check, and if they can't make you run some junk, they will fall back on just giving you a plain text/image advert.

Running Linux as suggested is also a good idea. Although some people may claim "Linux is only more secure because less people use it", they are also the people who say "Linux will never gain any significant market share", so I guess us Linux users will be more safe (not immune) than Windows users forever.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
I've recently had a nasty Vundo infection.

Yes, that's a nasty one. I was having issues with that before and Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware found and terminated the creep. What's amusing is that half of the pop-ups were for anti-spyware software sites.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by RuneSpider

I have live one care virus scan it doesn't show anything wrong. I can not find any additional active x been installed recently and the redirection since I log in into ATS is hitting me about every 3 to four minutes apart and I am not making this up.

This the first time is been so constantly.

Windows live one care is garbage since they took over Giant antispyware.

I would recommend going to the following website and ask the mods there for help removing any malware/spyware/ virus you may have.
www.whatthetech.com...

I am a member of this site and can tell you they are very professional and helpful in removing any known infection you may have.

I would also suggest using AVG antivirus.
free.grisoft.com...

I would ask you to send a Hijackthis log here, but I don't believe the Moderators here would approve of them being posted.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well thanks for the input, I have been problem free since that terrible day that I started the thread.

Unfortunately my son's computer runs on old xp and he got the virus everybody is been talking about, the computer is so useless right now that no even the CD that came with the computer cannot do any repairs, so we will have to install windows all over again.

At least I am fine for now.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Since two days ago I noticed that I was been redirected occasionally while on ATS, I mean my ATS page would be gone.

Now Is happening constantly even while reading or writing posts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and is only happening while on ATS not when I am on any other pages reading or searching.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you have adware/spyware on your computer
I would download and run anti-spyware software.
Here are some free good ones. The links will take you to CNET's download center which can be accessed directly at www.download.com

Adaware
www.download.com...

Spybot search and destroy
www.download.com...

Trend Micro Hijack this
www.download.com...

Malwarebytes Anti-malware
www.download.com...

Here are some very good ones but you must pay for them
Stopzilla
www.download.com...

Spyware Doctor
www.download.com...

Webroot Spy sweeper
www.download.com...

One spyware product will generally not help with everything so I run
Adaware (free)
Malwarebytes (free)
Stopzilla ($)
Trendmicro Internet Security 2009 ($)

Also make sure you have a decent security suite which would include an anti virus program and firewall such as
Trend Micro Internet Security 2009
Zone Alarm Security Suite
McAffee Security Suite (you can get this for free if you have Comcast Internet). u2u me if you do and I'll tell you how to get it.

Hope this helps

[edit on 23-1-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
OH NO....

I've got it too...

This laptop isn't mine either, it's my work computer.

I'll have to call IT as I have no adminstrator access to DL anything, etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Welcome to the club,
well like I said so far so good for me, I have been payware and malware free.

My son's computer got windows reinstall and is working like a brand new one.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well, I had it too.

Downloaded a couple of programs and ran them, but what ultimately worked for me was to switch browsers.

Last night I went back to my old browser for a bit and the same thing started happening again.

It may not be gone, but it is in the other browser anyway so it isn't distracting me.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't get redirected on ATS, but...

and I've experienced this whether logged in or not...

When posting a reply or constructing in the text box , e.g. in writing a new thread - The wireless connection goes off, back on for a short bit, off, back on for.... and on and on.

Only other site I get this sort of problem is on hotmail which is so memory intensive it freezes all the time as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

I highly recommend SuperAntiSpyware this is the best thing since sliced bread.

I have been getting a lot of redirects from ATS as well, especially 2 days ago. But it's happened less and less since. Today there were none.

But I've had 'other system issues' for the past several days, and so I installed SuperAntiSpyware and ran it in 'quick' mode.

It finished in about 10 minutes and found over a hundred 'issues.'

I just let it 'do its thing' and correct everything it found. Now my system boots up at least twice as fast as it did before. This program is very easy to install and use and correcting everything it found has improved the response time of my computer a lot.

Highly recommended. Thanks DWT !!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You are clicking on an ad and don't realize it.
It happened to me before.
Most ads popup in a new window but some don't they just take you there.
Just did it again, on purpose, clicked on play tournament solitaire ad, and it took me straight there didn't popup in a new window.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by BorgHoffen]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I run Firefox and SuperAntiSpyware

I never get malware anymore. That program sniffed out stuff Ad-ware didn't find.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
i have run spybot, malwarebytes, superantivirus, my embarq antivirus and avg filters and i have no virus and i get redirects and popups everytime i click on this site. this happens mostly if i am not logged in but it has happened when i was logged in... a couple times.

if i use the search box when i am not logged in it will happen everytime.

i don't see how anyone can say it's not from our advertisers !

these ads are all full of spyware no matter who or where they are from.

fyi

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
ok i went to click on a thread while logged in and i was redirected to this..

read my above post..i do not have a virus or malware ^^^^^^^

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join