It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't Muslims condemn violence commited by Muslims?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The media has always been known to spew pro-american propaganda, broadcasting anything to further enhances America's " Patriotic " image to society.

Dee[

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
The media has always been known to spew pro-american propaganda, broadcasting anything to further enhances America's " Patriotic " image to society.

Dee[

I'd be more inclined to believe that if I didn't see the American flag burned on TV on an almost daily basis.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by Slayer
Look at mohammad. He was a warrior, not a peaceful man.

Gee and I guess that Joshua, and others, was/were 'a' "man/men of peace" when the Israelites began to claim the "promised land"...the "land of milk and honey"?

seekerof

I was comparing him to Jesus.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A fundamental difference is inherent between Jesus and Muhhamed, the major being the matter of Jesus's existence.
All we know of Jesus was written decades after his death while Muhhamed left his teachings.

Deep

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
People kill me when they compare Jesus to Muhammad

Originally posted by Slayer

I was comparing him to Jesus.

You can't even start to compare these two. They both lived in different times and different conditions/situations.

Muhammad was a warrior, I'd be the first to admit that. So will the entire Islamic nation. Muhammad was a warrior because of the times he lived in. I'm sure you'd kill someone if they wanted to kill you first. It's the laws of nature.

"He said to them, 'But now if you have a purse, take it and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. '" Luke 22:36

"He replied, 'I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away. But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.' After Jesus had said this, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem." Luke 19:26

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Condemn it when I see it special.
But even though I do condemn it when I see it does not cahnage that I know and believe that there are millions of Islamic Muslim that condemn it along with me. Media focuses on what sells or only the bad things, so instead of seeing those who voice opposition to such acts, you get to see those that rejoice in it.

seekerof

I wasnt disagreeing with your post seeker... i was disagreeing with the response to it... But it seems some people will only believe what the media shows them... and of course the american media is going to show muslims burning the US flag, it then justifies them taking action against 'terrorist' nations if they give you the idea that everyone there hates you

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

But it seems some people will only believe what the media shows them... and of course the american media is going to show muslims burning the US flag, it then justifies them taking action against 'terrorist' nations if they give you the idea that everyone there hates you

I don't know of too many ways to interpret video of burning bodies being dragged through the streets and hung from bridges.

I've asked, where are the massive Musilim demonstrations in the streets condemning this action? I've been told it happens, but is not covered by the press because they only want to show pro-American, apple pie stuff that serves as a reason for us to take action against "terrorist" nations. So, who lives in a US city where these uncovered protests have been held and not covered lately? I'll gladly follow up with the local media, as well as the major media outlets, to find out why, if you can name a city.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
A fundamental difference is inherent between Jesus and Muhhamed, the major being the matter of Jesus's existence.
All we know of Jesus was written decades after his death while Muhhamed left his teachings.

Deep

The Romans actualy had many offical records of Jesus as he caused them "Trouble"

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
ooooh you people.....arrrghhhh

if a large group of arabs or muslims were to gather anywhere....the first thing most of you idiots would do would be to call the police, fbi, cia, etc....uh oh terrorists are gathering.

You don't seem to understand that people of different color and ethnicity have come to understand that its best to stay out of the public eye, to stop unwanted harrassment. How quick you forget the about the innocent people like the Sikh who was killed cause he wore a turban after 9/11. Arabs and Muslims are scared, scared to speak, scared to be proud, because of criticism which will come from those idiots who are too blind in their ignorance to see that not all muslims are bad and that in every religion, there are extremists and corrupt individuals.

if you want mass condemnation for terrorist acts, why don't you start one, you might be surprised how many people of different faiths will join you....and once again I stress, if you want to know and understand how muslims feel, visit a mosque...you will be very welcomed and no one will hestitate in sharing their opinions.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Your an idiot.

The entire Islamic population in the United States and in the world has condemned every single attack beginning with the 9-11 attacks.

When did this happen? I remember that being quite a hot issue here in Florida, and I personally never saw any Muslim (in person or on TV) condemn the September 11th attacks or any other Muslim-related terrorism.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I will now expose my ignorance of the Islamic faith.

Can someone tell me what Muhammad did to convince his followers he was a prophet?

Also do Muslims consider Allah a different God from the Christian God?

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Heh!!!
Pretty topical subject if you live in the UK.

Apparently the Catholic and Protestant churches in the UK do not think that Muslims in this country condone terrorism enough.
I have to tend to agree with them. We have a large Islamic population over here. Their mouthpieces are pretty vocal when they see anything that they deem to be offensive towards Islam but they go very quiet when they should be defending.

news.bbc.co.uk...

"The head of the Catholic Church in England and Wales has echoed criticism of Muslim leaders for not doing enough to denounce acts of terrorism."

The Muslims over here are going wild at this remark and it does tend to back up the archbishops claim. They are certainly making more noise over this accusation than they have over any terrorist attack committed in the name of Islam.

They got pretty pissed about this last month too -

"Lord Carey caused outrage with his lecture in Rome last month when he said regimes in Islamic countries were often authoritarian and committed to power and privilege."

This comment was absolutely justified in my mind. It's about the only sense the Christian church has ever spoken regarding Islam and I'm amazed at the reaction that the remark got. How can Islamic apologists disregard such utter fact?

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Your an idiot.

The entire Islamic population in the United States and in the world has condemned every single attack beginning with the 9-11 attacks.

When did this happen? I remember that being quite a hot issue here in Florida, and I personally never saw any Muslim (in person or on TV) condemn the September 11th attacks or any other Muslim-related terrorism.

Many instances kramtronix.
The large Muslim communities in Detroit denounced and condemned those that committed 9/11. Numerous others around the world did also. Again, slight media coverage of this transpired. Media focus was on those that applauded this overseas.

You guys may want to check the links I provided in my intial post to this thread, really.

seekerof

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well Ok we can quote the bible?Quran till the cows come home but these were products of their time and I don't believe that Xtianity has yet to prove it's credentials as a religion of peace and love in practice even if it does in theory. We could turn this argument on it's head and ask how many Irish Americans were taking to the streets to protest at IRA atrocities during the troubles-not that many-does it mean that lots of Irish Americans liked the idea of civilian men, women and children being blown to bits, well I think no just as I don't believe that many Muslims, even if sympathetic to some middle east factions, don't neccassarily condone nor like terrorist acts carried out in their name. Granted I also believe the Muslim community should, for their own sake, be a little more vocal in their condemnation but I also agree that a heads down approach is entirely understandable with regards to the current ill feeling expressed towards them.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I will now expose my ignorance of the Islamic faith.

Can someone tell me what Muhammad did to convince his followers he was a prophet?

Well for one, the Holy Qur'an. Muhammad said that the Holy Qur'an was a miracle itself.

Also, when Muhammad received his first revelation when the angel Gabriel shouted to him, "Read! Read," Muhammad ran to his wife because he was very terrified. His wife then brought in a family member of hers who was a Christian and she confirmed that the message Muhammad received indeed was from God.

Also, Muhammad also did perform miracles. He made water spring from a rock and he pointed to the moon and the moon went completely dark.

Originally posted by kinglizard
Also do Muslims consider Allah a different God from the Christian God?

Depends. Christians consider Jesus to be God and Muslims don't. So I wouldn't say Muslims and Christians worship the same God but Muslims and Jews do share the same God.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The Quran isn't the problem. The Islamic religon isn't the problem. The problem is in the lack of air conditioning in the 134F degree desert over there. Think about it. Wouldn't living in that kind of heat drive you crazy? LOL!

Think of this; There have been crazy people as long as there has been people on earth. You'll always have some idiots out there claiming that what they do is in the name of their religon. I say give the Islamic population a break. Most are not crazy, some are. Just like Christians. Ever talk to a hell fire southern baptist preacher?

My opinion is that the real problem in the world is orginized religion in general. I don't belive in God. I think we evolved from the celocanth which is the fish that was rediscovered in 1938 that has primative legs that came on land many years ago and evolved into other vertabrates like monkeys and such. I don't think the Bible or the Quran is the book of choice. I think both after reading them are based on the same thing, Live and let live in peace.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
My muslim friends condemm the attacks all the time when we are talking polotics so much i am going deaf.
Next time do some reserch, just cause you did not hear it does not mean it did not get said.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
"One of the reasons" why I stopped believing in Catholicism/Christianity is that they have in their own sacred texts many contradictions, like almost all religions have. If there were in this time Christians using any texts of the bible as an excuse to actually kill innocent people like in 9/11, I am sure that the government of the US would be taking care of these crazy idiots.

The problem right now with terrorism in the US is not because of Christian extremists making attacks in the US and all over the world, is it? If Muslims don't want the US in their countries, then why haven't they gone forth and taken care of the extremists themselves?

Simply put, America was attacked, if noone in the Muslim nations tries to root out these extremists then we will. Are we to go away from that part of the world and let these groups of people become stronger and attack us again?

As I have referenced before, Bin Laden has said that he was thinking on backstabbing the US before they rid their lands of the Russian presence, and he said this in an interview in 1995. He and extremist groups have made their minds a long time ago to attack the US and other countries.

Things would be a lot easier if there were no religions in the world imo. You don't need religion to believe in the spiritual world. But people have a right to make their minds and believe in whatever they want. But people also have a right, in this case the US, to take care of extremists, and not letting their people get killed.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I have seen American Muslims on TV, condemning the behavior of their Middle Eastern counterparts. However, I have not seen it enough to offset the bad publicity that the media puts on TV daily.
My husband had relatives who were Muslim, and they attended family parties and no one gave it a second thought. They didn't dress any differently, either. They ran a Muslim restaurant.
I am SO GLAD that Farrahkahn is not on TV now. He can only hurt the opinion Caucasian-Americans have of "Black Muslims". He is too militant...not what the public needs to hear right now. His group is not like the "regular Muslims" anyway. Black Muslims were started by Elijah Mohammed as a way to make (some) Black Americans "feel good" about themselves. (family unity, etc.)

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The words of mohammed is just like the normal, argressive, angry male.

The words of jesus is like a man not from this world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join