It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbery suspect shot and killed by intended victim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Overkill, the guy did deserve what he got, afterall if your holding someone up at gunpoint, see them reach for their own gun, then be stupid enough to not shoot them or run. You deserve to die as a result (less retarded ppl to deal with for the rest of the world).

But on another point, the guy holding the people up for money, never really did intend to kill anyone, sure he was desperate and in a bit of a mental state, but if he did intent to kill his victim, why ask for the cash first, instead of shooting him then taking the cash and car? So to kill him in return is a bit unjust!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
chances are the robber was just bluffing (robbery w a gun but no plans to use it...) OR he would have shot the "victim" when he reached for a gun.
but one never knows ...still it is tough to take a life for the cash on your person. too bad he didnt have bullett proof windows and then just say "sorry, no spare change."

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Saf85

When I was in New Haven the robbery always came before the murder. Often the victims would be shot/stabbed/beaten after complying. More than a few times the mugger would return moments after he presumably fled to assault the victim. It's not about money. It's mostly about drugs and usually about power and kicks.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Good for him. While I am sorry that ultimately a life was lost, I am glad we have this example of how allowing a society to be responsibly armed is, in fact, a safer option.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. Old hunting proverb.

mikell

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85
Overkill, the guy did deserve what he got, afterall if your holding someone up at gunpoint, see them reach for their own gun, then be stupid enough to not shoot them or run. You deserve to die as a result (less retarded ppl to deal with for the rest of the world).

But on another point, the guy holding the people up for money, never really did intend to kill anyone, sure he was desperate and in a bit of a mental state, but if he did intent to kill his victim, why ask for the cash first, instead of shooting him then taking the cash and car? So to kill him in return is a bit unjust!

You don't know that he intended to let his victims live. There are some sadistic people out there. Perhaps he got joy out of watching the fear/hope combination in peoples' eyes as he was taking their money, before he shot them. We've had several crimes here, where the victims are robbed at gunpoint first, then the robber shoots them for the hell of it, the pleasure of it. I live in one of two states where you're not allowed to defend yourself, and you're a criminal if you choose to value your life over a scumbag's life. I live in the sickest state. Can you guess which one?
Regardless, if someone has a gun to your face, and your loved one's face, and you have a means to protect yourself, are you really going to rely on the compassion of the robber to allow you to live? I know I wouldn't. Three to the chest, three to the face, one to the throat and into the spine.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It strikes me as strange that some people still care about the criminal and his human rights.

Lets be 100% pragmatic here. The world has one less armed robber in it. How is that anything but a good thing? Surely you don't believe that the armed robber would have gone on to be a doctor, inventor or anything else worthwhile to society do you? The stats clearly show that once out of prison, he would have offended again and again; and eventually probably been killed by another gang banger.

You can sit and get outraged if you want, but I don't care one bit about this assailant's death. There are millions of people across the world who struggle through life by sorting through rubbish, cleaning streets etc and who never resort to crime. Why don't you concentrate your humanitarian concern on them. Let criminals die- its their choice or destiny to walk that path.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Saf85

The problem with your reasoning is it's based upon rational thought. Criminals, and especially those jacked up on drugs don't think rationally or logically. Your money is only the first thing they want, if you surrender it too readily, then like spoiled children they'll want more, up to and including your dignity and self-respect.

This couple could have very well ended up dead or worse. Death isn't the worst thing that can happen to you like most people seem to believe. Victims of sexual assaults and gang violence tend to live out the rest of their lives in demoralizing fear and shame. I'll take a quick bullet to the brain or chest anytime.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Last Thursday a bartender was shot to death in the SAME neighborhood after he gave the robbers the cash. Everyone in this area has heard about it, so when a gunman tries to rob this couple I guess they just should have assumed the gunman was a nice guy who would appreciate their cooperation.

Authorities said the robbers forced the victim into the back of the restaurant to give them money and shot the victim twice in the head and twice in the legs even though he did everything the robbers demanded.

Police said the four robbers entered the restaurant by throwing a brick through a window at the restaurant, where a man and woman were closing up the restaurant. The other victim was not shot. Police said the female worker was able to hide in a cabinet when the robbers weren't watching. The robbers shot the male worker in the head and legs.

The owner of The Standard Food and Spirits said the restaurant has been targeted nine times since it opened two years ago.

www.myfoxatlanta.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

thanks for posting that, i always hear people say, "they just want your money, cooperate and you will be fine, you dont need a gun"

you have no way of knowing what people who would rob you at gunpoint have in mind.
i wish there were more REPORTED stories like this. score one for the good guys.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid

Daily self defense stories collected here: www.keepandbeararms.com...

Tell people about them. Beat them about the head with it. The only way to defeat ignorance as pervasive as that displayed by the gun-grabbers is to make the truth/reality shine brighter than the Sun itself. If the light doesnt lead them to the truth it should, in time, be bright enough fry them out of existence.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I could not agree more. I get so tired of people talking about how sad it is for this criminal or that one or how society has forced them to do what they do.

I claim BS plenty of people struggle every day to get by and never resort to crime. Plenty of people every day look and search and find a better path that leads them to better things. This guy took the risk of threatening another person and paid with his life. Cry me a river, I want to see how bad these people cry for the criminal when their family gets hurt or dead because of someone who was too lazy to find a better path.

Also as I mentioned in my first post it does not have to be guns. If you take them away there will always be another weapon. A weapon is nothing but a tool and the last I checked humans were excellent tool users and invented new tools all the time.

Raist

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

In this instance it is ok. Break into my house or threaten me or my loved ones with a gun and you'll be eating lead for dinner.

And I'm a liberal.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have no need to express any macho bravado here; but let it be known
if you threaten me or frighten me...you're goin down. So mind your own business and everything will be alright.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Good work!

I myself have had a Concealed weapons permit for a few years now and my outlook is this. If you threaten my life and have a means to take it then you have made your choice and you made mine very easy, I will shoot you and I will kill you, My life is more important to me then some thug with a gun who thinks he can take from me the only possession on this earth that means anything, If this should ever happen its as simple as this, that thug made a choice, he committed suicide and I protected my life.

If that's hard for the feel good folks who feel bad for the poor thug well then guess what? oh well I'll be alive and that's the only thing that matters, you can take your opinion on the worth of MY life and shove it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Glad to see there will be one less armed scumbag walking the streets from now on....good on this citizen for defending himself.

One down....two million to go.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid
reply to post by Sonya610

you have no way of knowing what people who would rob you at gunpoint have in mind.

If you have any doubts about the need to vigorously defend your life and that of your loved ones, just read about this real life crime that took place in Wichita. It turns my stomach to think animals like this are permitted to breath the same air as the rest of us..

Wichita Horror

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The robber took a risk and bought the farm.

If your trade is armed robbery this is one of the possible outcomes each and every time that you try to rob someone.

I hope that the crime victim doesn't suffer too much because he killed the predator.

I see many posts on here that state in one way or another that police are paid to put themselves in harms way and that anything that happens to them is just part of the job.

I have to conclude that if you choose the life of armed robbery that you should be willing to accept being put in prison, shot and/ or killed as part of your profession.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45If you have any doubts about the need to vigorously defend your life and that of your loved ones, just read about this real life crime that took place in Wichita. It turns my stomach to think animals like this are permitted to breath the same air as the rest of us..

Yeah that is a horrid story, I read it before. After they shot them all in teh field they went back to the apartment and even killed the little dog.

But see, apparently the anti-gunners think if they tell you they won't hurt you they mean it. Cause a killer wouldn't lie about it now would they? Of course not!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
Quick, gun nuts, tell us how it's okay to take human life! Justify away, sharpish!

Good Lord! This gun nut would tell you: You *F* with me or my family, prepare to suffer the consequences.

This story should be a lesson to ALL THUGS: Grow up and take responsibility for your life and stop terrorizing innocent people! If you dont, you just may loose your life.

Good riddance. Once less thug off the street.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join