It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

check this picture out..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

If it was the "Horns" his thumb would be in. This is something like i love you in sign language. No, unfortunately it does not mean that obama is a metalhead.

In the military they PRACTICE salutes and are evaluated on this during initial training.... Yet if you look at forty or fifty different military men saluting, you will find a degree of difference from the others...

I don't think that those showing this sign have gone to school like the military to learn all the "slight" variances of the symbol...

Look at some of the differences in American Sign Language itself when being done by professionals or those doing it for years.... Not everyone is exactly the same....

If someone gave you "the finger", middle one, and didn't have the other fingers against the palm of the hand would you say that they didn't give the finger???

Maybe going by some of this logic then GW bush never did give the finger in the video that's going around... Maybe it was a sign for trust me???

Rgds

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
ok here goes my two cents....

this....

is "I love you" in sign language

Curl the thumb in on top of the two middle fingers and you get this....

which is the "flashing the horns" sign. The two are commonly confused with one another.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
it's very popular amongst the rich and powerful and has a history of controversy with regards to it's intended meaning -

look here

regulars to ats will know it well

Now this is hilarious. You reference a sight that right at the top claims wiccan and satanism are the same thing and expect it to be treated as credible?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I remember back in my high school years people who would use the hand sign. It can mean alot of things.
But I do think back to a time when a congressman would beat the drums about that hand sign being the sign of the Devil!!
It was on an old show with Ozzy O. And he claimed that everyone in the concert was chanting the name Ozzy, Ozzy, with no emotions. And all giving the sign of the devil!!!

So you have world leaders using this hand sign all the time now too?

So I can only say this hand sign has many meanings..

What it means for sure is, and has been up for debate for a long time.

Even those in governments, like Gore, and others who tried to shut down rock and roll! They claimed Rock and roll is the work of the devil..
And all those metal heads use the sign of the devil.

Yet the same groups use that hand sign.. And they claim.. No its not the sign of the devil.. It means something else!!!

Well heres a debate topic then.. What the hell does it really mean?
Or is it who is using the hand sign.

If an Ozzy fan where to use it, it means devil. If Obama or Bush uses it. It means we are fans of texas!! woo!!
LOL its all silly to me really.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Originally posted by justyc
it's very popular amongst the rich and powerful and has a history of controversy with regards to it's intended meaning -

look here

regulars to ats will know it well

Now this is hilarious. You reference a sight that right at the top claims wiccan and satanism are the same thing and expect it to be treated as credible?

i linked that site for one reason only - it has lots of pictures of rich and powerful people using that particular gesture which is what this thread is about. i'm not interested in what the text in there says. if you are then start another thread about it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Originally posted by llpoolej
I am not a big Obama supporter, but, that is just sign language for "I love you". If he had his thumb in that would be a totally different meaning

If the thumb was down it would indicate the letter Y In American sign language.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

no actually it wouldnt be "y" with the thumb down. it would be a "y" with the index finger down, using pinky and thumb is "y" your index and pinky is not part of the alphabet in american sign language.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Actaully I can settle this one pretty fast. It's an old school Hawaiian surfer sign translated as aloha, hang loose, or, yes...kowabunga. How do i know?? my uncle was stationed in Hawaii in the 50's, and he is an old surfer, and since Obama is (supposedly) Hawaiian...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti - Government
doesnt exactly mean anything in my opinion

isnt that the sign for hello or something like that (someone please verify)in sign language nothing more

It means "I love you" in american sign language.

www.oneminuteu.com...

Here is a website that teaches how to say "I love you" In sign language.

Unfortanatley(or fortanatley) this symbol doesnt mean he is a free mason. It doesnt mean he is in some kind of cult or secret orginization. He is just saying "I love you to the crowd.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Did anyone think dat maybe Obama is TOTALLY METAL
If not that is dildoes

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Check this out

External source

"Gesture of Banishing"
This mudra , indicates the hand stretched out, either horizontally or vertically, palm turned forward. The thumb presses down the middle two fingers (like the horns of a Yak against an enemy), while the index and little fingers extend straight upwards. You can find abhayamudrâ sometimes also as a left-hand gesture. Ekajata and Yama frequently shown in this mudra.

"Harina Gesture"
In this mudra the thumb along with the second and third fingers touch the tips, forming a ring. The little and the index fingers extend upwards. Frequently, symbols or emblems are held in this manner.

Following is an image of the Tibetan Primordial Buddha, Dorje Chang. You can see both his hands grasp the vajras using the harina mudra.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join