It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

check this picture out..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

no no no, its all in the thumb... w/the thumb extended its i love you in sign language, without the thumb... its the horns of the devil.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

It's a Hawaiian hand gesture for hello, a lot of surfers also do it (and headbangers).

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

If the thumb was down it would indicate the letter Y In American sign language.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

for the letter Y, the thumb would be out and the first finger down. Hang loose is that sign sorta shook back and forth.

Devil horns is the thumb in on the two middle fingers.

Obama is making the "I love you" sign in sign language. No other. What feeling it gives you or what feeling he has behind it doesn't change what the sign is

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Too me it looks like it's been photoshoped. Just look at that line going through his palm.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Maybe Obama is saying "Hello, Satan Loves you!" all in the same gesture???

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

For the "no worries" gesture the THREE middle fingers are kept to the palm. Not the goat horns used by the rock stars (and wannabe's) and the other people pictured both here and on the links.

Hang loose,
eyes_open

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
it means loads of things, i always flash that sign to people meaning ROCK ON DUUUUDE!

it also means, take the bull by the horns, i love you, you're a devil and a million other things depending on where you are and in what context you use it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc
[i'm well aware keller is credited with 'inventing' the sign]

Helen Keller was an rumored occultist and possible Satanist, and the rumor is that she created this sign to mean "I love you...Devil"

But regardless I am deaf and I agree that whatever its original meaning was, it was lost over time and when I and most other people use it, it simply means "I love you"

But I know this- if you're caught on camera doing this, you're screwed

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
To some it mean "I Love You, NWO!"
Especially when wearing red and black (as on election night).

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

But I know this- if you're caught on camera doing this, you're screwed

lol. that's the most true statement made here so far

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
it means loads of things, i always flash that sign to people meaning ROCK ON DUUUUDE!

it also means, take the bull by the horns, i love you, you're a devil and a million other things depending on where you are and in what context you use it.

Exactly. It is a very ordinary sign to show when you think something is cool in some way.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The I love you hand sign is put together from the I L and Y letters from the hand sign alphabet.

Helen Keller never learned ASL, though she and her young friend did make up a languag for themselves, she communicated to the world thorugh writing, either writing with a pen or writing with her.

ASL, which is where this came from, is descended mostly from French Sign language.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think this clearly states to the public what can be expected...

Here is a link that will give you an idea what Alex Jones thinks about those secret hand signs...

Then here is a link that shows you what Alex Jones really thinks...

I think this shows that Obama is like the rest of them and will flash his signal to masses of masons that look up to him. He is going to save us all....

Those that deny all the photos of politicians making a gesture which just happens to be a symbol of some group, are not denying ignorance... they are part of it...

This link will provide you with many other big players flashing the "I love you" sign. So full of love or so full of crap? Many may not agree with the links views but hopefully most can just view the pics without saying that they may be corrupt because of the sites religious views.

My 2cents
Rgds
S&F(for awakening the masses)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If all those poeple were performing sign language, then they'd use the sign for "greeting" or "hello". Not " I love you".

All those people don't say I love you during interviews or press conferences. Why would they use the sign language for it?

Why would deaf people need Bush to use sign language when a simple wave would suffice?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The reason why you see politicians do this is they are coached. There is people that will teach you how to address crowds every politician will go though grooming so to speak. Saying i love you to a crowd leaves a lot more powerful statement them simply waving if your interested in how subliminal gestures work there is several good articles. Oh they also have speech trainers as well politicians are taught how to manipulate crowds. Simply waving is a sign of weakness and is considered a submissive gesture.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
*Sigh* I'll ask again.

So if it's just 'i love you', why would Prince William, Sarcozy, Ahmadinajad and Silvio Berlusconi be using AMERICAN sign language???

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's just a coooool thing to do.
He just wants to be coooool...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
There are many photos of famous people giving this sign.

I used to think that this, (flashing the horns) was just an innocent moment caught on film by people who are photographed ALOT, and simple math says that once in a while, they will wave like this.

But I think, (granted I don't wave as much as these people do), that I NEVER could unconciously give this sign. It would have to be deliberate. I would KNOW that I'm waving, acknowledging, etc., with the "horns".

So, is there a conspiracy here? I don't know.

Sorry to end the post like that, but it's an honest answer.

If it was the "Horns" his thumb would be in. This is something like i love you in sign language. No, unfortunately it does not mean that obama is a metalhead.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Most generally when someone uses sign language it is to make available the words spoken out loud.

For instance if he said to the people of the country "I love you" and followed with a sign for the hearing impaired it would make perfect sense.

Somehow I don't think that is the case.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
He rocks dude

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join