It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

check this picture out..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

just another one to add to the collection

[edit on 15-1-2009 by justyc]

[edit on 15-1-2009 by justyc]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
doesnt exactly mean anything in my opinion

isnt that the sign for hello or something like that (someone please verify)in sign language nothing more

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There are many photos of famous people giving this sign.

I used to think that this, (flashing the horns) was just an innocent moment caught on film by people who are photographed ALOT, and simple math says that once in a while, they will wave like this.

But I think, (granted I don't wave as much as these people do), that I NEVER could unconciously give this sign. It would have to be deliberate. I would KNOW that I'm waving, acknowledging, etc., with the "horns".

So, is there a conspiracy here? I don't know.

Sorry to end the post like that, but it's an honest answer.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
it's very popular amongst the rich and powerful and has a history of controversy with regards to it's intended meaning -

look here

regulars to ats will know it well

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Its sign Language for I LOVE YOU

www.lifeprint.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yeah I'm sure its some kind of magical hand gesture.

Or maybe a public demonstration of allegiance with Satan.

I'm sure it couldn't be something so mundane as sign language.

Some of you people need to get both a grip and a clue.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
unless you personally happen to know why someone used it in a particular instance - it could have meant any of it's different meanings.

or are you saying that every single person in all those pictures was saying i love you in sign language?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

If it's just that then the question would be why? Why is there pictures of the entire Bush family, Bill Clinton, Hilary Clinton, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Sarah Palin, John Kerry, Dick Cheney, Ahmadinajad, Sarcozy, Silvio Berlusconi, Maria Kennedy, John Edwards, the CEO's of McDonalds, Elizabeth Taylor, Prince William, etc etc all doing this? Are the all saying 'i love you' in sign language? I don't think so. I mean, if it say just the Bush family then I could say yeah, maybe it means something to them. But all these rich powerful people?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I am not a big Obama supporter, but, that is just sign language for "I love you". If he had his thumb in that would be a totally different meaning

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Yep. Still claiming a blind and deaf person created a sight based communication.

reply to post by Nammu

Hello populace! I shall great you with a symbol of love! Worship me!

Basically, I won't say that's all it is, but they are surrounded by camras about all the time. It's a decent hand signal that can be understood from a picture.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by RuneSpider]

[edit on 15-1-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

That sign is one I know well,its one my dad used to flash to me before we parted ways.Its sign language for I love you.
So booda is absolutely correct.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by crowpruitt]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Well, like Pool says...if he had his thumb down then maybe it could have been interpreted in a different way....It clearly looks like sign to me...

Do you have any other links or pictures of the others you mention performing the same hand gesture....maybe they did it with their thumbs down but I dont know...I havent seen it....

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by justyc

Yep. Still claiming a blind and deaf person created a sight based communication.

that's not what i asked.

i'm well aware keller is credited with 'inventing' the sign.

my question was whether you believe every single person in those pictures is saying i love you in sign?

It has not JUST one meaning so you cannot say for certain that is it's intended meaning

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

We can say for certain that it is "I Love you" in sign....

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
I am not a big Obama supporter, but, that is just sign language for "I love you". If he had his thumb in that would be a totally different meaning

If the thumb was down it would indicate the letter Y In American sign language.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Do I believe that people surrounded by press are going to be as photogenic as possible? Yeah.

If you didn't wnat the site discussed, why'd you link it? The site is so full of holes it wouldn't work as a sponge.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Obama is such a nice guy, he's going to do a lot for the U.S!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by justyc

Do I believe that people surrounded by press are going to be as photogenic as possible? Yeah.

If you didn't wnat the site discussed, why'd you link it? The site is so full of holes it wouldn't work as a sponge.

being photogenic has nothing to do with why someone would use a particular sign and what intention they had behind using it.

who said i didn't want the site discussed? - not me i only posted it for the pictures as examples of those who use the sign. how many photos in your entire collection have people using that sign?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda
reply to post by justyc

We can say for certain that it is "I Love you" in sign....

that should more correctly read -

We can say for certain that one of it's meanings is "I Love you" in sign....

like i am trying to point out - there are at least 3 different meanings of that sign.

i could pick one of the three meanings it has and take a picture of my hand and post it here - you can then only take a guess at which meaning i intended to use but only i would know for certain.

that is the point i am trying to make here

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So why would Prince William, Sarcozy, Ahmadinajad and Silvio Berlusconi be using American sign language???

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join