It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli forces shell UN headquarters in Gaza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israeli forces shelled the United Nations headquarters in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, setting fire to the compound filled with hundreds of refugees as U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon was in the region on a mission to end Israel's devastating offensive against the territory's Hamas rulers.

Ban expressed "outrage" over the bombing. He said Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak told him there had been a "grave mistake" and promised to pay extra attention to protecting U.N. installations. The Israeli military had no immediate comment on the bombing, which a U.N. official said injured at least three people.

Link

Im just speechless.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Unbelievable, it's more than a coincidence that the UN cheif was in the region trying to broker a ceasefire. I truly believe that it was a deliberate act to send some kind of twisted message to the UN, possibly to get the UN to pull out of gaza or stop aid or something like that. Its time israel were stopped - by force!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
Unbelievable, it's more than a coincidence that the UN cheif was in the region trying to broker a ceasefire. I truly believe that it was a deliberate act to send some kind of twisted message to the UN, possibly to get the UN to pull out of gaza or stop aid or something like that. Its time israel were stopped - by force!

Im kidda cautious when it comes to Israel but do you think there capable of deliberatly attacking a UN building for there own gain?

[edit on 15-1-2009 by helium3]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Im kidda cautious when it comes to Israel but do you think there capable of deliberatly attacking a UN building for there own gain?

[edit on 15-1-2009 by helium3]

Is this a trick question?
I don't think Israel have missed hitting a UN building or compound yet have they?, it's becoming a bit of a blur now.

A hospital here, a school there, an aid worker or 2.

If the UN are out and the rest of the media are gone , (what is left after the targetting of them). then Israel can do what they want while no one is watching.

Again I have nothing against Israelis, just the goverment that represent them.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Originally posted by helium3

Again I have nothing against Israelis, just the goverment that represent them.

I think most people agree, what i have noticed here in Australia is for the past 2 weeks its been nothing but the conflict on the local news 24/7, complete with terrifying images of woman and child who have been blasted with shrapnel. Now in the start of the 3rd week its nothing. literally in 4 days i once heard a 40 second piece before they went to the aids with no video or images. Really makes me wonder if the spin has kicked in ?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The UN out in the field has demonstrated to be anti Isreali, pro islamic fundamentalist.
The fact that there are no journalists there means nothing. If there were journalists they would be predominantly pro HAMAS sensationalists and the lack of journalists just means they can say whatever they want happened.
The UN hires terrorists to man the Gaza schools so it is not a far fetch of the imagination to think UN buildings are used as safe havens. When the #hitsthefan, the hamas terrorist in the street will grab a kid with one arm and run to the nearest UN building, school or hospital for sanctuary. Besides I thought it was reported the UN pulled out of Gaza.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

You seem to be implying that the UN bombing is justified. At least you're honest. I believe the official stance was " a grave mistake"

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
The UN out in the field has demonstrated to be anti Isreali, pro islamic fundamentalist.
The fact that there are no journalists there means nothing. If there were journalists they would be predominantly pro HAMAS sensationalists and the lack of journalists just means they can say whatever they want happened.
The UN hires terrorists to man the Gaza schools so it is not a far fetch of the imagination to think UN buildings are used as safe havens. When the #hitsthefan, the hamas terrorist in the street will grab a kid with one arm and run to the nearest UN building, school or hospital for sanctuary. Besides I thought it was reported the UN pulled out of Gaza.

You are so full of it!

I actually find your posts quite funny now, I can't take anything you say seriously, because you're just so, completely, bizarrely wrong in every way

Whenever I open a thread about the Israeli war crimes, I just know you'll be in there somewhere, refuting the evidence, discrediting the UN, Red Cross, Amnesty International, and the doctors in Gaza, and Egypt. Supporting Israel in every word they issue and every atrocity they carry out.

It certainly gives me something to laugh at in an otherwise depressing environment.

I love how Israeli propaganda works though, it seems so ridiculous as to be true. It's becoming a parody of itself.

You should go for a job as an Israeli spokesperson for the Western news stations, you sound exactly like them in every way.

Back on topic...

Surprise surprise, Israel acts the aggressor against the UN, and is allowed to get away with it.
At any other time Bush and then Brown would be on a podium stating that this was an "attack on all of us". But I guess there's no benefits for us to even suggest that Israel is a war criminal capable of anything and therefore must face justice.

It'll be interesting to see what the UN actually does about this.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
[

I'm sure they disposed of the Hamas bodies and carted in some dead babies by now.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

[

I'm sure they disposed of the Hamas bodies and carted in some dead babies by now.

Ha!

You're too funny!

Yep, and I'm sure the many kids with Israeli bullets lodged in their brains being treated in Egypt were shot at by the UN too.

I'm certain the bulldozers knocking down homes in Gaza are driven by the Red Cross also.

I'll bet, right now, that Ban Ki-Moon is sitting at a table with a suicide vest on just waiting for the arrival of an Israeli spokesperson.

Really, can you even take yourself seriously?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Using white phosphorous bombs on a UN aid compound. Disgusting. WP is a ghastly incendiary and anti personnel weapon. Basically it will burn through a human and set everything else on fire. Killing UN workers. Killing Red Cross workers. Ughhhhh.

US out of Israel. It is not our country nor our fight. No aid or weapons to Israel!

From CNN:

CNN's John Roberts talked with John Ging who is the director of United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) in Gaza. Ging believes that Israeli shells that recently struck the U.N. complex contained white phosphorus. "It looks and smells like phosphorus and it's burning like phosphorus. That's all I can say. That's why I'm calling it phosphorus," said Ging.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Israel is losing it. if this keeps up it will be overun by other countries

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

[

Ha!

You're too funny!

Yep, and I'm sure the many kids with Israeli bullets lodged in their brains being treated in Egypt were shot at by the UN too.

I'm certain the bulldozers knocking down homes in Gaza are driven by the Red Cross also.

I'll bet, right now, that Ban Ki-Moon is sitting at a table with a suicide vest on just waiting for the arrival of an Israeli spokesperson.

Really, can you even take yourself seriously?

When Hamas soldiers hide behind babies when bullets are being fired that would have a tendency to happen.
The Red Cross debunked the phoney Isreali phosphorous artillery so they are A OK in my books.
Only women and children recruited by fanatical groups like Hamas do the cowardly bomb vest scenario.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Incidentally, SectionEight, where are these dead babies the UN carts in to replace the Hamas fighters coming from?

Wait...

Oh of course, they're being killed by Hamas with Israeli weapons to make it LOOK like Israel is the bad guy. Right?

That must be it. Hamas are killing the people around them with Israeli weapons (and maybe they're even in Israeli uniform too!) and then strategically placing these bodies amongst the rubble from an Israeli attack.

Of course, the UN is helping them.

Why didn't I see all of this before?

/sarcasm

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

When Hamas soldiers hide behind babies when bullets are being fired that would have a tendency to happen.
The Red Cross debunked the phoney Isreali phosphorous artillery so they are A OK in my books.
Only women and children recruited by fanatical groups like Hamas do the cowardly bomb vest scenario.

I take it you've seen Hamas hiding behind the babies?
No?

That's because Israel tells you this right?

The Red Cross stated that they found several starving children in a house beside the decomposing bodies of their families, yards from an Israeli point.

That is why the Red Cross states that Israel is committing war crimes.

It is a fact, not fiction, not Hamas propaganda.

You seem to believe you have all the facts, when actually you are proving over and over that you have none, you are simply accepting what Israel states and ignoring what every other impartial observer is proving, repeatedly.

But it's funny to watch, so please carry on.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Sickening!
This whole thing is out of control.

Israel MUST be stopped by force if necessary. They continue to ignore and defy countless UN Resolutions against them, now they bomb UN compounds and target aid workers. Then they wonder why the UN is against them?
I have come to the conclusion that Zionists are not just stupid, they are blinded by their ideology. More and more people are taking up the cause against Israel every day and they are their own worst enemy. Israel is promoting all of thsi hatred toward themselves. How dumb is that?

I am convinced that the only pathway to peace in the ME is the complete and utter destruction of Israel.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Isreal has called high value targets on the phone to tell them they are being targeted. The response has been for the target to make a phone call and pack his roof with women and children. Well documented.

They fire Rockets surrounded by women and children, again well documented.

Weapon caches are stored in mosques, schools and govt buildings, again they are packed with women and children when they think they could be targeted.
The launchers and high ranking targets get taken out and there is your pile of dead babies to disperse for propaganda. Someone even posted here on ATS a photo of a guy in a truck dangling a burnt dead baby out the window, where was he taking it? Why wasn't it covered and disposed of properly? Is that how you transport human remains?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
on bbc radio 4 they talked with a member of the UN in gaza who stated that he had given his grid ref to the to IDF, they knew there were containers of fuel and that over 700people were sheltering there and yet they still dropped WP on them.

he like so many others is calling it a war crime.

shame that the president for war crimes being ignored has already been set by england and america so no one will do anything.

isreal must pay to rebuild it, better than before.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

That is ridiculous.. They should not be able to BAN journo's.
the UN is outraged at the continued "accidents" in bombing UN facilities and targets.

ban-ki moon expressed his outrage earlier

"Today, the UN compound in Gaza has been shelled again," ... "I conveyed my strong protest and outrage to the Defense Minister and to the Foreign Minister, and demanded a full explanation"

the Israeli foreign minister responded.

The Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni did not mention the UN shelling, but gave a general defence of Israel’s offensive. “Israel, a member state of the UN, is doing what a state needs to do in order to defend its citizens,” she said. “This is an effective, successful military operation against terror. And Gaza is being controlled by a terrorist organisation that doesn’t fight for the aspirations of the Palestinian people. It is not part of the peace process that Israel launched in Annapolis with the pragmatic leadership of the Palestinian authority.”

Since the fighting began (this time) 1028 Palestinians have died... compared to the 13 Israeli's..... 10 of which were soldiers.

makes you think huh?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
...at what point do you start your understanding of this conflict? Who is Hamas and what do they want? How many bombs did Israel drop on Gaza 2 months ago? What response would you want Bush to have if Canada or Cuba or Mexico or Bermuda were shooting rockets at us hoping to hit some guy going to work in Myrtle Beach or some surfer in Miami or someone fishing in Minnesota....Really? How much patience do we have here in the U.S.? ....if you are honest, I would be willing to agree that we might try diplomacy for a week or two....but I think a couple of hours is more realistic and that would only be because the planes were topping off their fuel tanks before taking off.
There are Hamas that hate Israel because they have lost a child or family and nothing will ever bring them out of blind hate....and there are some that hate because that is all they have been taught.
You the ignorant that have picked a side to hate based on the latest Drudge report are fools. Hopefully just passive venting fools...but of course war in the middle east wouldn't exist if it weren't for your fellow fools, so maybe you can relate to either Hamas or Israel or Iran or the good old U.S. for hating those Commies back during the cold war. What did the Soviet Union do to us again?
If you have lost a loved one to war....well then you probably are only loosly tied to any group or faction...you are at war with whomever your pain and hate is directed at...
Me? If I were minding my own business picking apples off my tree in Gaza and some Hamas freedom fighter decided to launch a shoulder rocket into Israel from my small yard...and then Israel bombed my house killing my family... "I" would be smart enough to know that it is that Hamas freedom fighter that I would be hunting down for killing my family.
...those in Gaza apparently have not learned that yet.
but obviously neither have so many of you out there. In fact, as long as Hamas...or any other group...can gain sympathy by using innocent lives as shields...you condemn the innocent....
If you were Hamas and was hearing that the World wanted to boycott Israel and everytime a hospital, Mosque, UN, building or daycare center gets bombed the World's outrage spikes....Wouldn't you make sure that it happens that way? What sympathy would Hamas have if it were just Israel against them in Gaza and all innocent people were evacuated before the fighting? Hamas would be saying.."oh..#e"
Deny ignorance people. Hate whomever you want, but have the intellectual honesty to admit why...to yourselves at the very least.
...it wouldn't hurt to be a little less hypocritical either...especially if you are an American like myself....we went ape when Germany and France didn't back us in Iraq. "Freedom Fries" anyone?
....No, it doesn't make it right, but then again I don't think war is ever right, but what is, is, and the first step towards being intellectually honest is to bring the situation hypothetically right to your door step, like I said about rockets randomly coming into the U.S. If your response is the same with Hamas and Israel, well then there ya go.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join