It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNWRA HQ in Gaza hit by 3 Israeli white phosphorous shells

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. They can't put the fires out because they need sand to throw on the fires?

Gee, I wonder where they could find sand in Gaza?

Seriously, what is all that white stuff all over the ground? Would it be sand?

This "story" is just the latest installment of bash Israel week.

We are supposed to feel for the Palestinians but we are supposed to ignore the 3000 rockets launched into Israel this year.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
Let me get this straight. They can't put the fires out because they need sand to throw on the fires?

How many places can you look in a city for sand?

Not only that, is it even safe to go outside and roam freely with jets dropping white phosphorus indiscriminately?

No. That would be the phosphorus Israel has been using to burn people alive.

[edit on Fri Jan 16th 2009 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer

This "story" is just the latest installment of bash Israel week.

all I can say is "WOW"
do me a favour, go out into a busy highway and get me a cadillac hubcap and give it too me in 5 minutes, there are plenty around.

do you think that you could survive getting a hubcap of a moving car?
try digging for sand through bitumen and concrete while someone is exploding weapons over head which where designed for a different purpose than to target civillians.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hamas also serves Israel's interests as well as their own(not so much for the people). Every time a salvo of Rockets hits Israel, Israel responds with unmeasured excess also specifically targeting civilians and health care workers and facilities. Even the UN isn't immune from Isreali "accidents or mistakes". The whole thing needs to stop, the risk for Israel is that the US might be their only friend when this is all over.

Mistaken I may be, the US isn't doing so well right now and it ain't looking soo good for the immediate future. And Bush's destruction of your credibility world wide isn't going to help Israels future either. Both sides need to be tried for war crimes and stop the hostility. Give the Palestinians a "REAL" chance, not the we'll honour this ceasefire until we want to bomb you again and in the meantime will just blockade your entire country and put you in a concrete prison while we move more people into disputed lands.

The Pro-Israel side needs to take their collective "ROSE COLOURED GLASSES" off and see what is really happening. Yes Israel has the right do defend itself without question. However, when Israel commits an act of war by most definitions in imposing this blockade. When 100 000's of people are starving and have no jobs,barely a home to live in and can't even escape the chaos because of a blockade. Of course Rocket fire was going to be a result of this idiotic policy which wasn't meant to uphold a truce but meant to force a retaliation for being starved and denied the very right to live out their lives the way they want to. If the Palestinian people had a rebuilt country, a stable economy, freedom of travel. All the luxuries most of us take for granted. If they had these in my opinion basic rights, things like Hezbollah, Hamas, Fatah would all be on the fringes maybe even pushed out.

We just need to give them a helping hand. I just watched Bush's "Farewell" speech(Thank God in heaven) where he was bragging about all that " Democracy Spreadin' " he was trying to do. But only when the country in need of "Democracy" according to Bush and the Hawks held strategic interest. Gaza does not and Israel uses this to flex it's muscles to the rest of it's Arab Neighbors, especially Iran.

What's gone on there is mass murder plain in simple. Some collateral damage is unfortunately part of war. Outright targeting of civilians is a war crime for both sides. Israels list will be longer.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Israel: Guilty of war crimes
USA: Guilty for providing matriel support.

Sounds like another terror network to me.

Better organsize another coalition of the willing.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
No, you dont run the whole village down. But you certainly and selectively take out everyone and everything that is purposefully harboring them.

If three terrorists break into your home with AK-47's, are you harboring terrorists? If they set up a mortar spot next door to you, are you harboring terrorists?

Were those 40 school children that died harboring terrorists because a couple terrorists shot off some mortars pretty close by?

Honestly? If some really fanatical guys with guns and explosives set up right next to you, what would you do? The answer? Nothing.

You wouldn't do anything if a group of fanatics armed bone and teeth with guns and explosive started firing off near you. There would be nothing you could do. You'd probably get shot just for trying.

Welcome to life with Hamas.

If Israel was purposely attacking them in Genocide, don't you think we would be seeing Carpet Bombed Cities?

I said nothing about genocide. I said they just don't care. If they kill 100 civilians to kill one guy shooting off a mortar, they would undoubtedly do it. THAT is my issue. A disregard for everyone else to get what they see is theirs. They do that all the time. Israel is all that matters to them, everyone else is expendable if need be.

Everything they have bombed is of military value.

Sure, even if it is a couple amateur fanatics taking a couple pot shots with some mortars, even if it ends up with dozens of innocent people dead. That is the problem. They target anything that has even the possibility of thread with complete disregard.

They have been very selective and have had a lot of restraint.

sorry, but that simply isn't true. They haven't been selective, and they don't show much restraint. They simply bomb the hell out of anything that might pose a threat, regardless of how many innocent people get hurt.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blobby

The UN is toothless... it would take international coalitions to put a blockade on Israeli trade to get any message across..

White phosphorous (if true) .. despicable..

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Of course it's true, I've seen it with my own eyes - there's even photographic evidence of USA manufactured WP shells being loaded which the IDF claimed were empty and were used as markers!

The more I think about it I think it's to do with Hamas distancing itself from it's military faction and entering talks (much like what happened in N.Ireland) which the Israelis didn't want.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
AS someone posted before the real use for WP shell is smoke lighting or incendiary . The improper use is on civilian population .

There are many stories from years past about WP grenades tossed into huts to flush out combatants and burn the huts down , or the WP shells dropped low on a village to maximize the burning effect on the population . Yes the shells explode into multiple canisters to light or smoke screen each canister then explodes very similar to a hand grenade . Which then sends burning WP fragments in all directions .

I dont feel from a humanitarian point of view their use is a good choice too much off target damage .

That is my biggest problem with Israel the off target damage . If I had a terrorist move next door I would expect a SWAT team to take them out with out killing my wife and kids the whole block and wiping out the apartment building across the street and the school on the other side . most countries SWAT teams or their equivalent agencies care about off target damage .

The off target deaths are just breeding more radicals that goes for both sides .

One of the greatest lesson I learned from my children is when they were little at a park or the apartments play ground they would play with any child of similar age with out regrade of race color religion . After they went to school and church and started to grow up they learned to hate because of color or religion or status .

We as a human race are teaching the hate . Its is a endless cycle of hate .

When will it ever end ?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

"The improper use is on civilian population . "

The gas produced when WP oxidizes is also quite deadly.

The Israelis are effectively gassing the Palestinians with a weapon that caused your lungs to melt. It causes inflammation of the mucus membrane and is a general irritant in low amounts. It kills babies and old people too.

This purpose for the Use of WP appears to have been overlooked by many on this site.

In Vietnam WP grenades were used to gas the enemy in their tunnels.

*Just imagine what it would be like to breath in a lungful of the 'smoke screen' that is being used to gas the Palestinians. It would burn, and you're breathing ould become forced and shallow. You feel like if you stop trying consciously to breath that you won't be able to, that your lungs won't respond.

That is just what one lungful of 'smokescreen' will do...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

I have seen no evidence of "indiscriminate" use of WP. Can you prove that it is "indiscriminate"? Or is that an armchair commander statement?

If Israel was being indiscriminate, their wouldnt be a house, shack or concrete building left standing. Instead, casualties are minimized.

An indiscriminate use of WP would have the entire region under smoke and flame. Is that what you see on the coveted 'non propaganda because Palestinians would never do that' web feeds?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

As I read your post the thought came to me about living in those really bad neighborhoods, which I lived in for a time in the past.

One night there was a shoot out between two drug dealers on the street. They were shooting right in front of my house and ended up running into my back yard. When the police arrived these lunatics popped off a few rounds at the police, from my backyard.

If we use the rationale of the Israelis, my house would have gotten shot up by the police because we "harbored" these fools. You made so much sense in your post. What were we supposed to do, open up the back door and tell thugs with automatic rifles and pistols to get out of our yard????? They would have killed everyone in the house as they would have thought we were witnesses. In neighborhoods like that and I am sure in war zones, minding your own business is the only way to survive.

My heart goes out to the people of Gaza, I may not have lived in a war zone but I have lived in neighborhoods where gunfire and gun fights in the streets were a daily occurrence. Unless you have lived under this sort of stress you have no idea what sort of toll it takes. My kids were afraid to sit in their own living room for months after that, mind you we moved out of that house one week later and the fear stayed with them for long time. Those people are traumatized and this must stop.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Here is my prediction - Israel will stop the slaughter of Palestinians before the 20th of January. Why? Because thats when America will have a new President and they are unsure whether Obama will also jump and ask "How high" when they say "Jump".

I am not saying that Obama won't continue the American double dutch championship, just that his opinion on the Gaza massacre is pretty unknown (that and all his other opinions). AND ofcourse the Israel/Jewish lobby is really powerful in Washington and let's not forget the Rahm Emanuel factor.

In the meantime they will continue this genocide. Yes, I said genocide - when you lock people in a cage ( not allowing refugees to leave, nor to receive aid from outside) and use phosporus weapons on civilian targets that's pretty similar to Nazi behavior.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
white phosphorus....banned substance used by Israel...nothing is being done as they have violated the law...
in a video they say.."we are not sure that those are our shells that hit the building.."..what the hell do u mean?? i guess u all have seen the video where they show the substance burning...
If israel did not do it.. who did then??
Hamas threw phosphorous at the UN office?? ..what a joke.

why are we waiting?? why doesnt the UN do something about it now? i mean rite now..they got attackd..they gotta do something!
I bet they will do NOTHING..they cant even stop a war..let alone charging them for using phosporous...
whats next israel? Nuclear??

[edit on 16-1-2009 by metalmush]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by metalmush

"whats next?? Nuclear?? "

Why not?

It's not like anyone will ever stop them.

No one will do anything except sever diplomatic ties - and it will only be a few countries that do that.

*Who knows, maybe one morning we will wake up to Putin on the news telling us that the problem with Israel has been solved for good....

I doubt it though. Israel will do as they please with impunity; just like always.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by metalmush

No one will do anything except sever diplomatic ties - and it will only be a few countries that do that.

yeh..only Venezuela and Bolivia...kikd the ambassadors out!

i guess israel doesn even care a bit..

[edit on 16-1-2009 by metalmush]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Am I the only person to see the irony in this news item?

WASHINGTON (AFP) — Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni was due in Washington Friday to sign a US-Israeli deal on measures aimed at preventing arms smuggling into Gaza as part of efforts to clinch a ceasefire.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert dispatched Livni late Thursday on a last-minute mission "to sign a comprehensive US-Israeli agreement aimed at treating the issue of arms smuggling," his office said in a statement from Jerusalem.

An Israeli official who asked not to be named told AFP that Livni was due to sign a memorandum of understanding with US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice at 11:25 am, about 90 minutes after her arrival in Washington.

News

Wait a second, so all the billions in annual military aid from the USA to Israel is okay as long as it's not smuggled, just kept on the down low? AND should the Bush administration be signing a document of this nature days before the new president takes office? The Israelis are pretty sneaky devils!

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
they r gettin their last minute work done!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Red Cross says WP Use not Improper

Question is, do you believe the Red Cross, or are they evil zionist pigs?
Do you still think it is illegal?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

It looks like the IDF missed their target too.
BTW: I want a date with your avatar.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join