It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNWRA HQ in Gaza hit by 3 Israeli white phosphorous shells

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

A senior Israeli military officer said Israeli troops shelled after coming under fire from Palestinian militants inside the compound

Yahoonews

So, just like when fighting the Hezbollah terrorists, Hamas walks right up to the UN compound and starts firing weapon s @Israel troops

The UN is then aghast that Israeli's dare fire back.

If the UN allows terrorists to hide behind them and fire weapons into at Israeli soldiers, from their post, they deserve what they get.

When the UN allows this, they are acting like allies of the terrerists.

It's great that you cannot even defend such an action so you try to change the subject

There are PLENTY of topics discussing Hamas related topics, this is an israeli topic, please post why you think it is ok to retaliate against the UN?

If there were any doubters, we should expect nothing less from the Synagogue of Satan.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8

Nutural my butt... Hamas was fighting from those buildings so they deserve to be blown apart. You only hear what you want to hear. The UN is not a body that cares to much for westeren ideals. I could care less if they are burned out, blow up and dismantled.

They need to leave NY and setup in Iran. The UN is all for terrorist activities and as such should be labled an enemy of all free people.

Isreal needs to keep up the killing and dismanteling of Gaza. In fact they need to blitz the place until Osama is sworn in here in the US. After that I am afraid our new Muslim President will be the real enemy of Isreal. I am sure glad Isreal has Nukes or Obama may think about attacking them...

Go Isreal and to hell with all arab nations that wish her harm....

Wow...! I'm speechless... How ignorant and full of hate can anyone be? How far hate reaches inside?

The UN after all this can be faced with 2 choices. See that noone really cares about their "laws" and how hypocrite those laws are since they only apply to the ones that "sign their agreement" to those laws. Its getting ridiculous as you exceeding the speed limit and the officer pulls you over and says "you are over the speed limit" and you just answer "it doesnt apply to me, because I never signed anything saying that I would commit to these laws". Therefore it challenges UNs existence. So in this case either: 1, the UN ceases to exist since its pointless. If a country doesnt sign for a rule they're "legal" even if they're commiting war crimes (such as Israel)... to add a little more to the "ineffectiveness" of the organization, it even gets bombed and does nothing about it. Or 2... The UN gets pissed, calls out for a "special DEFCON 1" joint operation, creates the U.N Army and has its first use against Israel and proves that EVERYONE should obey the World's Laws on warfare, weapons, etc and NOONE is above the law and the ones that do think like that face severe punishment from "The World". Then pray that the UN doesnt kick Israel's butt so hard they wont even dare to bathe without the UN's permission and are forced to sign EVERY treaty that exist for the good of mankind. If you dont care about the UN, why should the UN care for you... I say they should go in and kick both Israels and Hamas alike and teach the naughty children to behave and to live together in a common world. The expression U.N Army has been known to make even the US tremble. (The US are extremely against the idea of a U.N Army since 1993 or something)

As for Iran, pray that they wont come after you because Israel stands NO CHANCE whatsoever against Iran. Only if Israel turns to nuclear weapons it stands a chance against Iran, but Israel can use nukes and expect to go away unpunished... Israel would be wiped out in the next hour and if someone was alive to tell, they would be facing the world. In conventional warfare Israel has no chance against Iran, not by a inch, a mile or a lightyear. Israel would be obliterated. Actually Israel isnt worth much against pretty much any european country... you do good against sticks and stones, but never against a "real army".

My advice: Do not wish harm against others... all that extremist israeli talk makes the world feel like they should put israel lights out permanently. Enough with these stupid extremist statements. For me, you for example, are no better than any fanatic terrorist, so you should be treated like one - lead by example.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
Nutural my butt... Hamas was fighting from those buildings so they deserve to be blown apart. You only hear what you want to hear. The UN is not a body that cares to much for westeren ideals. I could care less if they are burned out, blow up and dismantled.

They need to leave NY and setup in Iran. The UN is all for terrorist activities and as such should be labled an enemy of all free people.

Isreal needs to keep up the killing and dismanteling of Gaza. In fact they need to blitz the place until Osama is sworn in here in the US. After that I am afraid our new Muslim President will be the real enemy of Isreal. I am sure glad Isreal has Nukes or Obama may think about attacking them...

Go Isreal and to hell with all arab nations that wish her harm....

If there was any question as to who is the aggressor in this matter, let this quoted post help you decide.

As I have stated, I have seen more hate speech time and time again from the pro-israeli side, yet the anti-israeli side are the racists

The time for israel has come to an end, there has been nothing but trouble since we gave a people with a MASSIVE inferiority complex more weapons then it's neighbors.

Please answer this question, if the Arab world was aginst Jews, and not israel, why are LARGE amounts of Jewish citizens in countries like Iran, w/ over 25,000, still aloud to walk the streets freely and not forced to live in a Gaza like situation as retribution????

I think this is what you call "blow back", when a plan backfires in your face. I pray Obama will be the one to let israel try to fight the world by themselves.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am totally horrified to see people actually speak about genocide as if these people either deserve to (a) be eradicated for acts they have committed or (b) are subhuman. I have to lay the blame at the door of the propaganda that has been around for the past 8 years, where muslims have been totally demonized. They are human beings just like you and me. They have parents and children, they bleed when you shoot them, they die when you kill them.

Lets take a hypothetical situation - say Hamas did in fact shoot at the IDF (which by the way were not in Israel at the time but in Gaza City), and say that Israel did in fact have the right to defend themselves, did this also give them the right to use Phosphorus Weapons that are banned for use around civilians by international law????

One would think that the Israeli nation would have learnt one lesson from the Nazi concentration camps - the realization that we are all humans and that we all have the human rights.

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

People around the world, don't allow Israel to commit these crimes against humanity and simply close your eyes and mouth. This must stop and we can make a difference. Speak up and tell Obama no more American weapons for Israel, no more favored nation status for Israel and it's products, and no more money for Israel. AND mostly, demand total nuclear disarmament of Israel. Israel is a rogue state and should be treated accordingly - they have blockaded Gaza and their people, prevented refugees from leaving and also prevented aid from entering Palestine and then committed these atrocities.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Useless Nations has never hidden the fact that they are anti-Israel and pro-palestinian. Now they are using their embassy to protect Hamas.

They deserve whatever they get. That was probably just a warning shot to tell them to butt out where they don't belong.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight

Lol, look at my profile I've been here for years.

Could someone demostrate one thing Isreal would have to gain by attacking purposely a UN building and getting a huge negative hit in the propaganda war from it?

Sure when committing genocide you get rid of them all eh?

Oh and you registration date says you have been here for almost 3 months :shk:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabisquit
Useless Nations has never hidden the fact that they are anti-Israel and pro-palestinian. Now they are using their embassy to protect Hamas.

They deserve whatever they get. That was probably just a warning shot to tell them to butt out where they don't belong.

They just don't know when to keep their mouths shut huh? Well here's some news, THE UNITED NATIONS CAN KICK YOUR @$$!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Operation AJAX

Could someone demostrate one thing Isreal would have to gain by attacking purposely a UN building and getting a huge negative hit in the propaganda war from it?

You cannot even report on my profile without lieing and distorting the truth. It clearly says Jan 10 2008. That would be over a year now. Click on my name for anyone to see.

The little game of discrediting new members isn't going to work with me.

The rest of your statement is pure rubbish and is unrelated to anything from my post.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by SectionEight]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Never has anybody's signature been more apropos to his comment.

You obviously are inventing fact to fit your opinion, I have actually worked at the UN and trust me it's not a pro-palestinian nor homogenous organization.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Your right my bad. In the US dates are month first NOT day

Under your avatar it states

Fair enough. You still sound like a shrill screaming pointless quotes and hollow justifications from your AIPAC talking points memo.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Operation AJAX

You cannot even report on my profile without lieing and distorting the truth. It clearly says Jan 10 2008. That would be over a year now. Click on my name for anyone to see.

The rest of your statement is pure rubbish and is unrelated to anything from my post.

Umm... but you said you had been here for "years" is the point he's making. You have been a member for 1 YEAR 5 days.

You are as good with numbers as you are with politics.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

You clearly have some issues. Ok, but I'll bait... give me the UN article or interview or any document proving that the UN is Anti-Israeli and Pro-Palestinian?

They're just anti-psychopaths running free in the world where we all live in putting everyone's lives in danger , thats all... and that fits both hamas, hez, fatah, israel, etc etc

EDIT: oh and it includes you also, but since you dont own your little terrorist pro-israeli country yet, they dont care about you.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by MilitieTempliSalmo]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Fallujah also wasn't a bunker in a sand hill. AFAIK, the WP used here was only concentrated in a small area and no HE rounds were used.

Sadly, in such a small area as Gaza, civilians are bound to get killed.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

sorry to nit pick, but you did say years and just over 1 year is still classed as year in the singular, years would require you to have being here from 2007.

I have been here a long time too, but only became a member recently after reading some dribble.
I was happy to watch, but I can't stand bye while innocent children are buthchered and the only body in there prepared to offer aid ,(the UN) get attacked for being there and are accused of aiding the supposed enemy.

well it is the eye of the beholder as to which one you would call the enemy.

I am getting the impression that most people are now siding with Hamas

it wouls also apperr that breakingdradles picked up on the year/years while I was replying.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Not with Hamas and not with Israel for sure.
With the palestinian people for sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

A senior Israeli military officer said Israeli troops shelled after coming under fire from Palestinian militants inside the compound

Yahoonews

So, just like when fighting the Hezbollah terrorists, Hamas walks right up to the UN compound and starts firing weapon s @Israel troops

The UN is then aghast that Israeli's dare fire back.

If the UN allows terrorists to hide behind them and fire weapons into at Israeli soldiers, from their post, they deserve what they get.

When the UN allows this, they are acting like allies of the terrerists.

Hold on..

Let me get this straight.

Even if there were Hamas there, do you use a BURNING HOT AREA EFFECT WEAPON that you know will hit many people in the direct area and cause lots of damage? Or do you instead use sniper fire or a helicopter to do the job, minimizing civilian casualties.

This is clearly deliberate behaviour timed with the arrival of UN top brass.. funny how a block of flats housing reporters got nailed too. The jews don't want anyone reporting on the atrocities they are committing in gaza hence access restrictions.

Why isn't USA invading israel right now... oh wait - how do you think some people got 'elected' in the US...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Not with Hamas and not with Israel for sure.
With the palestinian people for sure.

I actually meant to say Palestine, but just like many, the words do tend to get blurred when hitting your head against the wall trying to explain there is a difference.
so I retract Hamas and replace it with Palestine.

I am getting the impression that most people are now siding with Palestine.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Let me pose this question......

What is the difference in this Israeli strike and Hamas directly targeting civilians with rocket attacks?

There is no excuse for either, but I'm seriously starting to see some scary trends of thought. I was under the impression that ATS was about denying ignorance. However, what I am seeing is a predominant amount of people siding with the terrorist organization known as Hamas. People on this board are literally sympathizing with them even though just like Israel, they target civilians daily. I'm seriously considering leaving ATS as I have been seeing this taking place since the Gaza events started.

This is a war of extreme ideologies from both sides. If you are taking sides you are taking a fundamentalist stance. There is no denying it!

Now, approaching the topic at hand, it is imperative to understand that Israel has now attacked several civilian structures with purpose. It is becoming a trend. There are only three things we can believe in this situation.
1. A crazy number of accidental strikes on civilian structures.
2. Hamas has been attacking repeatedly from civilian structures.
3. Israel purposely is attacking these structures for some reason.

Now, in the situation, where there are three possibilities and all of them have some substance that can be a possibility, I rationally cannot take a definitive stance. You may ask, "why?" The simple answer is that there is:
-Past history of Hamas using civilians as shields.
-Past history that shows Israel's lack of care for the Palestinian people and striking civilian structures.
-Past history of accidents happening in war

So, my conclusion is ultimately to not care whose fault it is, because this is a war of extremes. Both sides are doing extreme and terrible things. If I don't condemn both sides in this war, I am supporting extremes. This is why I'm beginning to think Ron Paul was right in his perspective of Isolationism.

So, my choice when I see a news story like this is to think about the evils of war. I think about how I'll see a story tomorrow about Hamas firing a dozen more rockets at civilians in Israel. I will think about how terrible it is to see civilians suffering under extreme ideologies. I refuse to simply blame Israel or simply blame Hamas. Both are in the wrong.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Bugman82]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82

Let me pose this question......

What is the difference in this Israeli strike and Hamas directly targeting civilians with rocket attacks?

who has the elite army?
who has the advanced weapons?
who has the technilogical advantage?

I would say that If Hamas had the US backing and was supplied helicopter gunships, tanks with DU rounds as well as laser guided missiles that the attacks would possibly be a little more focused on military instalations rather than firing rockets that you point and shoot hoping to hit something.

so what is the difference?, about 50 years in technology, a 9 metre fence keeping you prisoner and aid being cut off because we don't like you, that is possibly the difference.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
However, what I am seeing is a predominant amount of people siding with the terrorist organization known as Hamas.

What I'm seeing is the most aggressive and least literate posters siding with a terrorist organisation called Israel.

Israel does like funding dog-packs for P.R.

I wonder what they pay per post.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join