It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNWRA HQ in Gaza hit by 3 Israeli white phosphorous shells

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

but hamas don`t have tube artilery and 155mm WP shells.

israel have just overtaken germany in the Genocide stakes.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight

Originally posted by DantesLost
reply to post by blobby

Apparently it wasn't just the UN headquarters that was hit.
In the same area a Red Cross hospital was hit and a block of flats that housed news reporters.

See link for details.
www.jpost.com...

Well now it is starting to look like there is foul play going on here or Isreal has a whole batch of bad artillery smoke shells cursed with bad luck. To randomly hit by accident 3 of the worst targets imaginable is highly against the odds. HAMAS is gaining a lot of ground in the news with this stuff, they could have done it themselves. They have the motive and the access to the areas.

Do you think people aren't aware of the zionist cyber war being waged ?
Do you really think hanging around abovetopsecret with garbage claims such as th UN and HAMAS are in collusion and are blowing up their own hospitals to make Israel look bad are going to fly ?

I am yet to come across a more pathetic excuse as this....for anything.

But this is why Israel has already lost this war. The whole planet is against Israel, they have lost every ally they had, and it is now abundantly clear that with America going down the drain they need to step away from their support of this saddistic country -

Israel on their own......how the tide will turn.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is my first post and i'm sorry it has to be on this heated issue.

To all those out there who say that Hamas had set up rocket launching sites near the UN compound, show me the proof. I want to see pictures. I want to see videos of men setting up rocket launchers with a big "UN" in the background. Why is the onus *always* on those who would be labeled "anti-Israel".

In a court of law, the testimony of an unnamed dogwalker wouldn't hold up too well if that is the only witness in a capitol case and the death penalty was on the table.

I am not pro-Israel, I am not pro-Hamas. I am pro-Human. The killing is wrong on BOTH sides, as has been said a million times in these forums (which inspired me to join the community), but I also feel for the people trapped in Gaza.

This *will* get worse before it gets better (another mantra on these forums) but I am confident the world will sort itself out. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

This whole issues reminds me of a quote from Apocalypse Now, with General Corman talking about Walt Kurtz saying:

"Because there's a conflict in every human heart between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil. And good does not always triumph. Sometimes the Dark Side overcomes what Lincoln called 'the better angels of our nature.'"

Remember that the next time someone claims the moral high-ground.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Space_Fetus
This is my first post and i'm sorry it has to be on this heated issue.

To all those out there who say that Hamas had set up rocket launching sites near the UN compound, show me the proof. I want to see pictures. I want to see videos of men setting up rocket launchers with a big "UN" in the background. Why is the onus *always* on those who would be labeled "anti-Israel".

In a court of law, the testimony of an unnamed dogwalker wouldn't hold up too well if that is the only witness in a capitol case and the death penalty was on the table.

I am not pro-Israel, I am not pro-Hamas. I am pro-Human. The killing is wrong on BOTH sides, as has been said a million times in these forums (which inspired me to join the community), but I also feel for the people trapped in Gaza.

This *will* get worse before it gets better (another mantra on these forums) but I am confident the world will sort itself out. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

This whole issues reminds me of a quote from Apocalypse Now, with General Corman talking about Walt Kurtz saying:

"Because there's a conflict in every human heart between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil. And good does not always triumph. Sometimes the Dark Side overcomes what Lincoln called 'the better angels of our nature.'"

Remember that the next time someone claims the moral high-ground.

Israel is massacring the innocents and you quote Apocalypse Now and aly claim to neutral territory.....how very brave and wise .....

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
they need to gaza so they can rebuild the temple to for the anti chriest to sit on his throne

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
damn, if only Israel had a man of compassion in office like Ariel Sharon, but alas.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
They have been seeing phosphorus burns on patients for some time. Israel has basically resorted to savagery and barbarism (while the world watches and the US blesses).

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

you didn't read the first news link the head of that UN HQ said that the claim that hamas was firing weapons in and around the building was obsured

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Isn't that their excuse for everything?

They blow up a van with a family in there - their response: Hamas was using the truck to launch rockets.

They blow up a hospital with kids inside - Hamas was using it to launch rockets.

Their snipers target children and kill them - Hamas was using the kids to launch rockets.

They set fire to aid stations - Hamas was using the food to launch rockets

They accidentally shoot their own soldiers in friendly fire - Hamas was using the Israeli soldiers to fire rockets.

Seriously, you would think that their excuse to destroy anything they feel like would get old now.

The Israeli Minister even called the destruction of the aid building as a "mistake:

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, who is in the region to end the devastating offensive against Gaza's Hamas rulers, said the Israeli defense minister told him there had been a "grave mistake."

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If the reports are accurate that the IDF fired M825A1 shells in response to the attack instead of high explosives, then I would submit that the insufferable Ban Ki-moon owes Israel an apology. M825A1s are smoke rounds, uses to obscure the movement of your troops. The Israeli gunners were either laying down smoke so that the infantry could assault and root out the terrorists with small arms (at far greater personal risk to IDF soldiers) to minimize the risk to the UN compound as they cleared it off terrorists, --OR-- tehy were using the smoke to completely withdrawal, hoping to keep the UN compound out of the firing entirely. In either event, Hamas tried to engage a UN structure in combat, and the IDF tried to minimize the threat to the facility. Hamas intentionally committed a war crime, and the IDF accidentally caused damage. A huge difference in intent here, even if the facility was still damaged.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

not that there were not Hamas terrorists firing from inside the compound.

He was sorry that the Hamas caused the UN compound to be targeted.

Of course, if the UN had not allowed Hamas to go inside and fire at Israeli's, then it would not have been "counter" attacked.

We saw the same thing when the UN allowed hezbollia terroprists to go to their post, set up rockets and fire them into Israel.

And just like before, big surprise, they were fired "BACK" on.

As long as the UN allows terrorists to fire from their position's and hide behind them, I don't feel sorry for them at all.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

No one has independently confirmed that Hamas militants were firing anything from the UN compound. But there is confirmation of Israel hitting a UN school, a compound, a hospital, and several civilian homes. But let's just take the IDF's word for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

But UN official John Ging, who was in the compound at the time, called the Israeli account "nonsense".

And Chris Gunness of the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) told Sky News hundreds of people were taking refuge inside the compound when it was hit by "three white phosphorus" shells.

OP link sky news

Man, Monsoon, you act like the Israeli government is the mouth of god or something, and when they make a claim, it must be true.

You have UN officials saying that the Israeli claim is rubbish, Israel bombed a place where innocent people and food are at, and you still act like because Israel said there were terrorists acting, that must be the case.

Ever think Israel is capable of LYING to cover up its mistakes or wrong doing? Or is that beyond your comprehension?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

No one has independently confirmed that Hamas militants were firing anything from the UN compound. But there is confirmation of Israel hitting a UN school, a compound, a hospital, and several civilian homes. But let's just take the IDF's word for it.

In another post, I posted 2 more links showing Hamas launching rockets from a school, it's their MO, proven over and over again.

Civillian homes of terrorist leaders or homes where terrorist leaders are hiding and hiding weapons/bombs/rockets.

But no, lets just take the terrorists word for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by SectionEight

but hamas don`t have tube artilery and 155mm WP shells.

israel have just overtaken germany in the Genocide stakes.
1 thousand v 6 million..i think your a fool to make this comment..shame on you

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

grim,

the UN also said the same thing about the Hezbollia setting up in their post and firing into Israel.

That is they said it until a video proving it was released, remember?????

This will, again, be proven the same thing.

Btw, I remember the same comments about that event, until it was proven to be fact.

This will also be proven a fact.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The video Israel used to `prove` there case of attacking the school was shot 2 YEARS ago and is israelywood - they used it for propaganda , then back tracked when it was proven they were wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

There are several video's proving it, but you may ignore those inconvient facts.

There is also video's of Hamas launching attacks from civillian homes, storing weapons in civillian homes and even the cowardly Hamas hiding in civillian homes.

All proven facts, for those who look.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Use of WP is not illegal. I dont know why everyone seems to think that. Maybe because some idiot terrorist blabbed it on TV, so since he is a Terrorist, everyone believes him. White Phosphorous legal people. Point to where it says its not in the Geneva Convention. The Geneva Convention doesnt even apply to Gaza, but everyone thinks it does for some reason. Maybe I am wrong their, but I just read a piece of it that exempts certain situations. This is one. In fact, it goes to say that they have NO protection under the convention. Read it.

If you want to say WP is illegal, by all means, do it. But get your facts straight. Its not the Geneva Convention, its the Chemical Weapons Convention and its not Banned in that either!

Look it up if you dont believe it. Or just go off of what everyone else is regurgitating that is regurgitated with out any base behind it.

It sucks that civilians are going to be hurt in this battle. Yes, it sucks!
The UN buildings have been used by those idiots in the past as a convenient shield, like the schools have. Thus, those building by the UN become enemy. The UN knows this, but since they are anti Israel in nature, they continue to allow it and cry afoul when they get bombed.

www.cwc.gov...

edit for spelling

[edit on 15-1-2009 by arcnaver]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

How many peacekeepers/UN workers from the US are worth Israeli propaganda?

How many peacekeepers/UN workers from any country are worth Israeli propaganda?

How many people have to die before your particular thirst for blood is satiated?

You say you don't believe the UN officials, and instead you choose to accept the Israeli point of view - why is that, exactly?

There have been numerous cases of Israel firing on UN positions during this, and other "actions" in the past ten years. This isn't anything new. Either its sanctioned and something of a "sport" for the IDF (probably while something completely underhand is happening), or its gross incompetence by a supposed "professional" army.

Too many coincidences. "It was an accident/the terrorists were there" is like the boy who cried wolf. Its happened too many times now.

Still, you seem to be revelling in the chaos and destruction, so no doubt you're all smiles and happiness eh?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join