It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNWRA HQ in Gaza hit by 3 Israeli white phosphorous shells

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

"your theory defies logic."

Please explain my theory to me.

You are clearly lying and putting words in my mouth - which is a common tactic used by pro-Israeli propagandists...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oh boy! that's the best news i've heard all day!!

The U.S. should finally pull out of the U.N. and kick their greedy, corrupt, murderous, rapist arses out of N.Y. and the U.S. altogether (actually they should move to a country within the Arab League - a perfect match made in hell).

BTW, I remember several years ago when Hezbollah in Lebanon was shelling northern Israel adjacent to a U.N. observation outpost and when the U.N. did nothing to stop the Hezbollah shelling Israel took out the Hezbollah placement along with the U.N. outpost - good for them (and the world).

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
And yet the body count is only 1,000 including an unknown number of Hamas terrorists.

Not to minimize the significance of that figure, it can easily be achieved by the destruction of a single large building.

Hardly the wanton destruction that some would have you believe.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TypeSH2001

Wrong.

It was Israel that shelled the UN post.

there were Canadians in that Observation post - Israel shelled them several times, even after it mas communicated to them that it was Canadians in a UN observation post.

Nice try.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

"your theory defies logic."

Please explain my theory to me.

You are clearly lying and putting words in my mouth - which is a common tactic used by pro-Israeli propagandists...

Hey hey, you are the one that put it down in writing in your posts. I'll paraphrase it for you,
Your theory is Isreal willingly attacked a UN building.

Wow, I feel I am debating at the kindergarten level here.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

So the Canadians are the scum who allowed hezbolla terrorists to set up rockets at their post and fire them.

They then allowed the terrorists to hide behind them.

Then they cry about the site being "COUNTER" attacked.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TypeSH2001
BTW, I remember several years ago when Hezbollah in Lebanon was shelling northern Israel adjacent to a U.N. observation outpost and when the U.N. did nothing to stop the Hezbollah shelling Israel took out the Hezbollah placement along with the U.N. outpost - good for them (and the world).

OK, even if we assume this to be true... if we apply your logic to the 'war' then the UN should also be attacking the IDF for shelling Gaza, correct? If one force is allowed to fight and use weapons why isn't the other?

Can I ask what the UN was supposed to have done to stop it from their observation outpost?

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

You too are lying.

The UN did not allow Hezbollah to fire Rockets from its Observation Post.

That is what you are lying about.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by mrmonsoon

You too are lying.

The UN did not allow Hezbollah to fire Rockets from its Observation Post.

That is what you are lying about.

I'm afraid you don't have your facts straight yet again.
In thta case in 2006, Hezbollah used the operational zone of a UN observation post to set up launch and relaunch rockets. They used the UN post as a human shield thinking they were safe from retalliation. Well, Isreal wiped em out. It also demonstrates that the UN is powerless or complicent, either case makes the UN utterly useless.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
so an unamed dog walker is reporting that Hamas was in the UN building

unamed = utter bollocks and making it all up.

Israel have once again commited a war crime and as a state are on par with nazi germany - heck , even the nazi`s didn`t kill red cross

and the regimes supporters love all thegenocide and the new holocaust the zionist regime is casuing.

all on tv whilst eating popcorn

[edit on 15/1/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

PROVE IT ,no israeli propaganda or american fox,cnn propaganda source ,

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
In thta case in 2006, Hezbollah used the operational zone of a UN observation post to set up launch and relaunch rockets. They used the UN post as a human shield thinking they were safe from retalliation. Well, Isreal wiped em out. It also demonstrates that the UN is powerless or complicent, either case makes the UN utterly useless.

Its not 2006 now though.

Either way, the argument is irrelevant. Modern artillery can drop shells within a very high degree of accuracy.

I fail to see how any UN building, even if Hamas has an entire tank division 100m from it, can get hit by "accident".

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blobby

Apparently it wasn't just the UN headquarters that was hit.
In the same area a Red Cross hospital was hit and a block of flats that housed news reporters.

See link for details.
www.jpost.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by SectionEight

Its not 2006 now though.

Either way, the argument is irrelevant. Modern artillery can drop shells within a very high degree of accuracy.

I fail to see how any UN building, even if Hamas has an entire tank division 100m from it, can get hit by "accident".

They weren't using artillery to damage anything, it was being used to fire phosphorus smoke screen shells to cover the attack hellicopters, all perfectly legal and debunked by the Red Cross. The whole world watched the tactics play out live via webcam. Some of the smoke screen shells went off course, the fortunes of war, or misfortunes in this case for Isreal. The whole incident is being played up to the fullest by HAMAS and their supporters. Don't hold your breath waiting for war crimes tribunals that's all just wishfull thinking when you fall for the propaganda.

To deny ignorance in this case is to ask, what could Isreal possibly gain by attacking a UN building?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

so now Israel have commited even more atrocities - bombing hospitals.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DantesLost
reply to post by blobby

Apparently it wasn't just the UN headquarters that was hit.
In the same area a Red Cross hospital was hit and a block of flats that housed news reporters.

See link for details.
www.jpost.com...

Well now it is starting to look like there is foul play going on here or Isreal has a whole batch of bad artillery smoke shells cursed with bad luck. To randomly hit by accident 3 of the worst targets imaginable is highly against the odds. HAMAS is gaining a lot of ground in the news with this stuff, they could have done it themselves. They have the motive and the access to the areas.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Yeah,and using WP on an area they knew housed a Red Cross hospital.

I guess it was just for a smoke screen,even though,according to the video in the link I gave,a wing of the hospital is on fire.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

HAMAS is gaining a lot of ground in the news with this stuff, they could have done it themselves. They have the motive and the access to the areas.

In claiming they were attacked first,the IDF is admitting they fired on those buildings.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There sure are some morons on this site - here is the reality-

You are not allowed to attack hospitals, you are not allowed to collectively punish a civilian population- it does not matter if they fired rockets - it is a war crime to collectively punish a civilian population -

You are not under any circumstances allowed to attack a hospital - end of story. There is NO legitimate excise for it.

Consider yourself in America, someone is firing rockets from a plane on the runway at Kennedy International airport - is it legitimate to blow up the entire airport and kill everyone in it ? No it is not - thats all there is to the argument of legitimate proportional force.

War is not an "anything goes" scenario - the horrors of the second world war are why we have the rules we do - israel is dead set on undermining all of these rules and returning to the darkest days of the hollocaust and you are paving the way for thsi to happen with your slavish devotion to zionism

Remember - this will come back and haunt you, what ever happens to Palestine today will happen to Israel tomorrow - only worse.

Persia has a loooooooooooooong history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join