It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNWRA HQ in Gaza hit by 3 Israeli white phosphorous shells

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Yea well thats what the Israeli prime minister says, so it must be true yea? hahahahhahahah. Gimme a break. Always the excuses, excuses for doing whatever they want. Excuses for killing and maiming children.

Israels day will come. I hope i see it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hamas is to blame for this but since I'm not really fond of the UN and their global meddling Israel got two birds with one stone as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

Yea well thats what the Israeli prime minister says, so it must be true yea? hahahahhahahah. Gimme a break. Always the excuses, excuses for doing whatever they want. Excuses for killing and maiming children.

Israels day will come. I hope i see it.

You may close your eyes to the truth if you really want.

The truth is not an excuse.

We all need to lok at Hamas's cause, not only Israel's "responce"

This is NOT the first time the Un has allowed terrorits to go right up to them and launch attacks.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jacob08

I think the League of Nations and the United Nations are to blame for this.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Every time they do this, they just either deny it or claim it was a mistake. They are insolent liars, and spitting in the face of the international community.

The worst part is that Israel KNOWS we know they are lying, but they know we cannot touch them, so they don't care a bit.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

This website want people to Report Volunteers going to Gaza so they can be killed?

This is horrible:

"The criminal website stoptheism.com... invites people to kill the few volunteers who are providing health treatment in Gaza under Israeli bombs.

They are Americans, Spaniards, Australians, Italians and other volunteers who report us what news they can about the real impact of the Israeli aggression in Gaza. Amongst them there is Vittorio Arrigoni, human rights activist.

What we have here is pure incitement to killing, furnished also with the photos of those "wanted". It’s really unconceivable that the site is still online. We demand that the Italian Government and Foreign Office take steps right now to call for it to be immediately closed and to bring those responsible to court. "

**check it out, they are not kidding around stoptheism.com...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
You left out the critical fact that the Hamas terrorists walked into the UN compound and started firing at Israeli troops, while hiding behind the UN.

You obviously missed this

But UN official John Ging, who was in the compound at the time, called the Israeli account "nonsense".

Sky News Article

I'd say the man on the ground at the time has a better perspective of it, wouldn't you?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Hey, I might be psychic - what do you know?!

Originally posted by Goathief
Of course those were Hamas strongholds and were targeted accordingly - any civilian casualties were obviously being used as human shields!

also from a separate thread yesterday (14/01/09):

Originally posted by GoathiefToday on both the BBC and Al-Jazeera news it has come to light that the IDF has claimed one of the hospitals in Gaza is a Hamas stronghold. Aid workers, the RC, doctors, nurses and local media all deny this is the case and have said they wouldn't be there if it had even an ounce of truth. I am expecting to hear of an IDF airstrike on this building within the next few days which will then be followed by a statement that reads along these lines, "We have only targeted Hamas strongholds, not civilians."

Gee, I can see the future!

The IDF are a law unto themselves at the moment, something needs to be done before everything goes to pot. How I would love for the UN to actually do something for a change and engage any military units inside the strip for ignoring the cease fire orders - what would Israel do without big brother's backing? The slap to the face might be an eye opener.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Whenever israel commits a Deliberate 'mistake' it suddenly becomes hamas's fault because they were hiding in the bin outside schools, universities, hospitals, ambulances, shelters, aid warehouses, UN trucks.

Israel just wants to choke the palestinians to death and gain whatever little lands they have left.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I posted this earlier on another thread:

Using white phosphorous bombs on a UN aid compound. Disgusting. WP is a ghastly incendiary and anti personnel weapon. Basically it will burn through a human and set everything else on fire. Killing UN workers. Killing Red Cross workers. Ughhhhh.

US out of Israel. It is not our country nor our fight. No aid or weapons to Israel!

From CNN:

CNN's John Roberts talked with John Ging who is the director of United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) in Gaza. Ging believes that Israeli shells that recently struck the U.N. complex contained white phosphorus. "It looks and smells like phosphorus and it's burning like phosphorus. That's all I can say. That's why I'm calling it phosphorus," said Ging.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think at this point, I totally agree with a certain Iranian President's proclamation of what should happen to Israel. War Crimes abound, and they are getting away with it. What makes me more sick is that my country is backing their genocidal massacre, and we're forced to foot the bill.

Well, NOT IN MY NAME!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I read it; I just dismissed it as a lie.

We all know that the UN allowed Hezbollah terrorists go right next to them at a UN post and set up rockets and launch them. (Yes I know these are Hamas terrorists, but the same thing happened)

From that point on, everyone knows that the UN can not be relied upon to be neutral.

Neutral parties don't allow one side to setup rockets, fire them from their post, and allow them to then hide behind them when the "RESPONCE" comes.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just a few accidental smoke screen shells going off course from the same artillery piece. Nothing illegal no war crimes just the fortunes of war. Isreal is getting hurt in the propaganda by this so that proves right there they would never do this intentionally.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Certainly israel has been attacked but i think they think they have an unbridaled liscense to kill their aggressor. They need to be brought under control.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

"Just a few accidental smoke screen shells going off course "

It is always an accident isn't it...

Were you by chance alerted to this site by Megaphone?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

"Just a few accidental smoke screen shells going off course "

It is always an accident isn't it...

Were you by chance alerted to this site by Megaphone?

Lol, look at my profile I've been here for years.

Could someone demostrate one thing Isreal would have to gain by attacking purposely a UN building and getting a huge negative hit in the propaganda war from it?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

"Lol, look at my profile I've been here for years."

Years since 2008?

Give it a rest, your propaganda isn't working.

Israel is using WP on purpose.

*America Vetoes any resolution against Israel, that is why Israel doesn't care if it Hits UN buildings.

Cheers !!!

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

"Lol, look at my profile I've been here for years."

Years since 2008?

Give it a rest, your propaganda isn't working.

Israel is using WP on purpose.

Yeah to purposely make smoke in a legitimate war tactic to cover attack helicopters.

Ahh the edit game. Your response does not demonstrate anything that they would gain from attacking a UN building. You fail.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by SectionEight]

[edit on 15-1-2009 by SectionEight]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

"Yeah to purposely make smoke in a legitimate war tactic to cover attack helicopters. "

Yeah because burning houses make a great smoke screen, same goes for burning hospitals and schools....

And nothing burns houses better than White Phosphorus - not even napalm.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

"Yeah to purposely make smoke in a legitimate war tactic to cover attack helicopters. "

Yeah because burning houses make a great smoke screen, same goes for burning hospitals and schools....

And nothing burns houses better than White Phosphorus - not even napalm.

You still haven't demonstrated what Isreal has to gain from attacking a UN building. In fact it hurt their war effort so until you can give a reason, your theory defies logic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join