It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNWRA HQ in Gaza hit by 3 Israeli white phosphorous shells

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

UNWRA HQ in Gaza hit by 3 Israeli white phosphorous shells

3 people have been injured inside compound 1 is a fire fighter, food pallets have been damaged that were due to be handed out today, they are having trouble trying to put out fires as they need sand to stop burning.

The United Nations says the headquarters of its aid agency is on fire after being hit by Israeli artillery

[edit on 15-1-2009 by blobby]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
what is Israel doing they are hitting UN building now? not once but twice or more, white phosphorous is a chemical weapon, whats the UN going to do with Israel now, as Israel have all GPS on UN buildings so its pretty hard to make a mistake. Its quite worrying if they are happy hitting UN buildings.

3 UN staff injured by fire, UN aid pallets on fire in compound.

UNWRA official says 5 shells hit the main UN headquarters in Gaza city and 3 were white phosphorous.

The United Nations says the headquarters of its aid agency is on fire after being hit by Israeli artillery

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
There's no link to the news story. Could you get it added?

If this is true then this is really bad for Israel. With the technology they have they know fine well where the UN compounds are and can avoid them no problem. Israel claims it's using WP for illumination and not going against any international laws. Yeah right. I'd love to see them attempt to explain this one!

The only question is - Why is the the UN not doing anything? Why are they sitting by and letting things like this happen? Why no pressure on Israel to stop, no sanctions, nothing?

It's all part of a larger agenda and everyone's got a stake in something. I won't pretend i know what it is, but this whole thing smells like a huge stinking rat.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blobby

Of course those were Hamas strongholds and were targeted accordingly - any civilian casualties were obviously being used as human shields!

By the way there are no links in either post, would love to see them.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Well, still no link. But here's a related news from CBS.

UN: Israeli Shells Hit Aid Compound

A spokesman for the United Nations humanitarian relief agency in Gaza says Israeli shells containing the controversial chemical white phosphorus struck their compound in Gaza City Thursday, setting at least one building on fire and injuring three people.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
thanks for the link my internets playing up at moment, just seen on the news an Gaza hospital has just been hit too.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
yay more war. as ifwe didnthaveenough already, this is getting better and better each second(sarcasm for you literal bunch out there).
Hey I have an idea, lets just all bomb each other and get it over with, that way we can see who is the true master of the world, I know you all want that to happen. I know major countries around the world want that to happen, especially terror groups and third world countries.
This world shouldnt be put inthebalance in the hands of man, we cant even balance our checkbooks right.
Iwish the aliens would just come down and give us a new fight so we can all join together for once, cause thats what it is going to take, an outside source for us to get along. Hell, we probably still wouldnt get along thats how stupid the human race has got.

Im really starting to not care anymore. Seems as if what Ithink really doesnt matter anyways, so I might as well just shut up and go smoke a blunt. many of you should do the same. We are just wasting our lives worrying about things we can not control, and it really seems to me people lack theballs to do anything about it anyways, all they are good for is just one thing, TALK. "NWO this, NWO that, we are gunna rise against the NWO, blah blahblah". As far as I am concerned there has been "concern" over this for decade, yet nobody has done a damn thing about it. That just proves my point that there are more followers than leaders 30-1. there Im done ranting. time to smoke that blunt.

(I posted this in the other thread of the same title, but they cut it off.)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I guess Usrael will kill anyone in the name of home land security.
Hamas, UN workers, press/tv, human rights groups.
This happened way before this war started and it's all known.People see it now because this conflict has opened many eyes.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Just heard that Media center also has been hit...

So, todays IDF targets are:

- Hospital ( In fire - 500 people inside )
- Media Center ( no further info yet )
- UN Aid Center ( 3 wounded - with WP bombs )

... But what is waited response in here? - Again those guys posts those "Farts in foxholes" ...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This is commonly known as gun boat diplomacy. Ban ke Moon has been raising merry hell in the past two days demanding access to Gaza to see the damage for himself.

Israel's response was to bomb UN property and setting fire to the food stores.

Israel does not see the laws of the world as applicable to itself. it is a criminal state.

[edit on 123131p://pm3156 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
BAN BANNED IN USRAEL?

Ban Ki Moon, UN chief is now in Israel... Then UN building is targeted. Have we ever witnessed more lack of respect, international laws towards UN?

UN chief Ban in Israel, demands end to Gaza war

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon arrived in Israel on Thursday and demanded in a meeting with Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni that the Jewish state halt its offensive against the Gaza terrorist infrastructure.

www.israeltoday.co.il...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hmmm seems the USS Liberty incident has moved to terra firma. All the hawk comments about Israeli pinpoint accuracy in warfare don't appear to hold much here. However all the facts are still not known at this point and with the MSM tactics we may never have a clear picture of what happened.

brill

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
BAN DIDNT LIKE FROM THIS USRAELS MESSAGE!

Ban expressed "outrage" over the bombing

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) -- Israeli forces shelled the United Nations headquarters in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, setting fire to the compound filled with hundreds of refugees as U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon was in the region on a mission to end Israel's devastating offensive against the territory's Hamas rulers.

Ban expressed "outrage" over the bombing. He said Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak told him there had been a "grave mistake" and promised to pay extra attention to protecting U.N. installations. The Israeli military had no immediate comment on the bombing, which a U.N. official said injured at least three people.

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It is time to set in UN troops against israel as we tend to do in all other conflicts. When the enemey starts to bomb your neutral places it is time to take action for sure.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The only state in the world that can repeated attack UN structures and personnel is Israel. What a monstrosity.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I wonder if they were trying to destroy the place were International Aid is handled. Take a look at this pic. Sad.

The pic is from the NY times.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by TheKingsVillian]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Beyond anything I have seen any other country do - The West is entirely complicit in this, greatest crime of modern times.

Absolutely appalled by what I am witnessing.

I will never, ever let this be forgotten, I will always remind people of what the west did for Palestine, I will remind every Israeli of their countries crimes and utter lack of moral or ethical stature and I will beseech every Jew to speak out against Israel and to support freedom from the Tyranny of Israel.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

A senior Israeli military officer said Israeli troops shelled after coming under fire from Palestinian militants inside the compound

Yahoonews

So, just like when fighting the Hezbollah terrorists, Hamas walks right up to the UN compound and starts firing weapon s @Israel troops

The UN is then aghast that Israeli's dare fire back.

If the UN allows terrorists to hide behind them and fire weapons into at Israeli soldiers, from their post, they deserve what they get.

When the UN allows this, they are acting like allies of the terrerists.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I believe them as much as Bush.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

You left out the critical fact that the Hamas terrorists walked into the UN compound and started firing at Israeli troops, while hiding behind the UN.

The same thing the Hezbolla terrorists did.

Your right, it is sick that the Un allowed the terrorits onto their compound and allowed them to attack Israeli troops.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join