It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Abortion Paradox

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Poor sick you…
There will be no one who thinks killing babies is not wrong.
What you missed is apparently: It may not ALWAYS be so bad for the soul when a probable hell is awaiting it if born… since people who do it are too immature to be parents.
And that is no excuse, but a GRACE fore that soul …

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Civility & Decorum Are Expected

Seriously... Read About It Here

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
I've heard many say that abortion is killing a baby, and therefore, a soul. The baby is a person from conception and must have a soul, so it is murder, etcetera, etcetera. However, I had one question I'd like to pose to you:

What about babies that would not have been born if abortion was not legal? What of women who have abortion, go on to finish college and meet the right guy, and then have children. I think we can all agree that if the woman had the kid, a sort of "Butterfly Effect" would have happened, and her life would have been completely different. I know women who have had abortions and they would not be where they are today if they hadn't.

Many say having an abortion is robbing a child of his/her life, but what about the kids who wouldn't exist if abortion wasn't legal? Isn't that robbing them of their lives? [/

I don't know if abortion is always a bad thing
but your argument is because unless you believe anything should be allowed because we don't know the eventaull outcome i.e. I murder someone that would have had a great grandchild that turned out to be the next Hitler. You see were I'am going anything could be justified with that logic. I'm sure someone ahas already brought this to your attention but there is alot of replies and I don't want to read them all.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I wonder why it is so hard to understand THAT THE SOUL IS IMMORTAL AND, THEREFORE, CANNOT BE KILLED. But ONLY the body!

Sure, that is bad enough! But the soul lives on!

There are hundreds of thousands of witnesses for that in the world who EXPERIENCED it, and many more who never told it but kept it for themselves: THOSE WHO HAD A NEAR-DEATH OUT-OF-BODY EXPERIENCE!

They separated from the body and experienced themselves a souls, but only for a certain time, since the body didn't die after all and they came back into it. Very many of them didn't want to come back but had to, for that reason. The same thing obviously happens when the body really dies, the only difference being that they don't come back into it.

Those who stubbornly adhere to musty old world views, either a materialistic one (so called "scientific" - scientific prejudice!) or a politicized indoctrinating one of a Church that is no more original Christianity - seek all possible ways to explain this away, but the facts are really OVERWHELMING!

- The enormously high number of such experiences, and
- the very high REPRODUCIBILITY of them. meaning that they are almost all very similar.

Reproducibility is in science taken as an evidence that something is true. If in repeated experiences or experiments the result is the same, it is reproducible. But in this case this criterion is not accepted, it is only because people would have to do what they don't want: Change their thinking and modify their view of the world.

Yes, abortion is killing! BUT not of the soul! And, as I have repeatedly stated here, this COULD in many cases (and certainly not all) for that soul actually be a better option than a high risk to be born into what turns out to be a hell for it!

This is NOT meant as an excuse for abortion, and - as I have also repeatedly stated - those who abort are IMMATURE and therefore anyway not fit for being parents, and because of that immaturity they are not able to understand this. It instead is seeing it from the soul's perspective.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I've heard many say that abortion is killing a baby, and therefore, a soul. The baby is a person from conception and must have a soul, so it is murder, etcetera, etcetera. However, I had one question I'd like to pose to you:

What about babies that would not have been born if abortion was not legal? What of women who have abortion, go on to finish college and meet the right guy, and then have children. I think we can all agree that if the woman had the kid, a sort of "Butterfly Effect" would have happened, and her life would have been completely different. I know women who have had abortions and they would not be where they are today if they hadn't.

Many say having an abortion is robbing a child of his/her life, but what about the kids who wouldn't exist if abortion wasn't legal? Isn't that robbing them of their lives?

YES OP

MY CASE exactly

I'M PROOF!

In fact my granny and mothers abortions (one each)

SHOULD I BE DEAD???

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
To The Bald Champion and Irish M1ck

There is some serious flaw in logic here …
- If your mother hadn’t had an abortion, you might instead have been that child.
- She might still have had another child after her abortion, and that might be you.
- And if not, you wouldn’t be DEAD but just not born – or born somewhere else.

As I have hinted on before, the soul is obviously not CREATED at conception, but it came from somewhere to enter the fetus. So it could have entered another one, instead.

There is so much evidence of the preexistence of the soul, however much the false Christianity of the Churches want to deny it, but original Christianity (Gnostic Christianity) had this knowledge, which later became lost.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

No, I am not my parents. I'm a woman who's lain awake at night, I'm a woman who knows.... And who are you?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
And who are you?

This should be an unnecessary question to ask since it's already documented in seventeen pages.

I ain't gonna repeat, what I said anymore
While I'm breathing air that ain't been breath before.
- Johnny Cash

Back on topic, no paradox here, just a justification of killing as psuedo 'mercy' and 'better off for me'.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Bald Champion

Absolutely. You wouldn't exist if EITHER ONE of them chose not to have an abortion.

Other people would exist in your place, and no one would know that they should be missing you, so it wouldn't be sad per se, but you would cease to exist (along with many others out there).

Take from it what you will, but don't show gratefulness. They'll just accuse you of not caring about the fetus that was aborted for you to live. They are vicious in their insensitivity and attacks.

When you are in the womb, they care, but the second you leave it, you're on your own with these people.

[edit on 2/18/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by The Bald Champion

Absolutely. You wouldn't exist if EITHER ONE of them chose not to have an abortion.

Other people would exist in your place, and no one would know that they should be missing you, so it wouldn't be sad per se, but you would cease to exist (along with many others out there).

Take from it what you will, but don't show gratefulness. They'll just accuse you of not caring about the fetus that was aborted for you to live. They are vicious in their insensitivity and attacks.

When you are in the womb, they care, but the second you leave it, you're on your own with these people.

[edit on 2/18/2009 by Irish M1ck]

No Mick, he wouldn't exist if his mother wouldn't have had SEX!

Now I know many with the exception of you perhaps are saying "well DuH!" but the fact is THAT is what caused his coming into existance NOT an abortion! Causality is an interesting subject. Inspite of all the twisted logic I have seen in this thread the only reason he is here can be traced to the act that gave him birth in the first place and what caused that was sex plane and simple for if she didn't have sex I can guarantee you he would never exist. It doesn't matter how many abortions people have or that they have them at all. You know how I know this is true is because SEX is also the reason people get abortions so it is the act of sex that comes before any of this. Your moms abortion didn't ensure your existance it was the act of sex in BOTH cases because if she hadn't had sex she wouldn't have got the abortion YOU say was the cause of your existance which may or may not be true but what I can guarantee is that had she not had sex again nothing else would have mattered.

Your theory doesn't talk to HOW something comes into existance but to how something already existing gets destroyed. Abortion only Guarantee what doesn't get to exist NOT what does, who shouldn't be here not who should, who won't be here, not who will.

What guarantees your right to be here had nothing to do with abortion and in many cases had nothing to do with the one that existed before them but was taken out of existence BY abortion but it could very well be the reason they don't have a brother or sister to call on.

The way you are looking at it, Id feel pretty guilty and pretty self cented thinking my brother or sister HAD to die because something in the cosmos said MICK is comming and we have to make room for him! Rather this may be what you are dealing with and you found some way to make abortion a virtue whether you admit it or not.

So rather than put yourself through all that, you can always place the cause of your being here today where it rightfully belongs,,

by the grace of God

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here's a paradox , as modern medicine allows for the survival of earlier and earlier premature births closing the gap where the late term abortions are performed , when these two lines meet or come close to meeting will performing abortion come in conflict doctor codes like the Hippocratic oath and other codes of ethics.

I believe that abortion is a woman's right because I'm a strong believer of free choice and other people should *&^$ off and leave others alone.

I will admit abortion does bother me on a moralistic level, but my beliefs in free choice are stronger. I also feel our society is gradually trivializing abortion, some see like nothing more that a benign cyst removed . This unnerves me .

[edit on 14-3-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aermacchi

...It is obvious you will not get the point, no matter how simple I make the explanation. Let's just move on.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Aermacchi

...It is obvious you will not get the point, no matter how simple I make the explanation. Let's just move on.

Just count the many others in this thread that have asked you what the point of this was and you may understand their never was a point to this thread. It was always,,

pointless

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

What does the Bible say about abortion? Nothing! The word abortion is not mentioned in the Bible. This is the only reference made to a "miscarriage". Ex. 21:22-25 "If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her and yet no mischief follow; he shall be surely punished as according to the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shall give life for life, eye for eye and tooth for tooth...........

So, the Bible orders the death penalty for murder of a human being, but not for the expulsion of a fetus.

When does life begin? According to the Bible, life begins at BIRTH. , when the baby draws it's first breath. The bible defines life as "breath". Genesis 2:7, when God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul". www.freethoughtpedia.com...

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join