It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela cuts ties with Israel over Gaza attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Venezuela cuts ties with Israel over Gaza attacks

www.alertnet.org

CARACAS, Jan 14 (Reuters) - Venezuela has cut ties with Israel in protest over its military offensive in the Gaza Strip, the Venezuelan Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.

Last week President Hugo Chavez expelled Israel's ambassador from Venezuela over the attacks, which have sparked international condemnation.

"Venezuela ... has definitively decided to break diplomatic ties with the state of Israel given the inhumane persecution of the Palestinian people carried out by the authorities of Israel," said a statement read over state television.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I find it quite odd that Venezuela and Bolivia would cut ties with Israel over this. One would think that Arab countries like Egypt would cut ties long before some Latin American nation on the other side of the globe.

The Truth here is that these Latin American allies of Iran are simply showing solidarity not to the Palestinians but to their friends in Iran.

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUSThe Truth here is that these Latin American allies of Iran are simply showing solidarity not to the Palestinians but to their friends in Iran.

Allow me to LOL in your face, how does Koolaid taste in La-la land?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

What does that have to do the news story?

If your going to refute my commentary, then do so but at least show why Egypt, Jordan, and others aren't cutting ties.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

It could be that those nations are waiting to see who would take the steps in cutting ties first. They are not exactl buddy buddy with Israel, so it may just be a sit and wait n see thing.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Jordan and Egypt cant do anything because they signed a peace treaty with Israel which they are bound by. Israel are not stupid..they dot all the "i's" before they attempt to take over the palestinians land.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
That's quite honouring for the president of Venezuela...

A pointless act (purely out of honour)? The idealist in me will say "I hope". The practical person will think there's a benefit to it somewhere. Where exactly, I'm not familiar with the current affairs over there that much...

Regarding Egypt, Saudi countries and all... they won't react. Egypt has been run by a US-controlled government for many many years (decades). Saudi Arabia is ruled by a pro-american sheikh (hence the big "terrorist" attacks a few years back, AFAIR).

Most governments in the Middle East are too corrupt and/or infiltrated by "foreign agents" to do anything. The people don't like this but don't expect any official movement any time soon.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Lucky Israel... they won't have to bother dealing with Chavez!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Simple reason they want peace

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Wow, I wouldn't have guessed they had any ties at all with Israel. I know that this news wouldn't bother me in the least if I was Israel.

new topics

top topics

join