It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 year old girl, 'Cuffed For Rabbit Heist!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
infowars.com...

this is really funny, i think...

'cause she actually went to juvie!!!

hahahahaha

take care of ya kids parents!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I read that earlier and I found it to be extremely stupid. I've seen people do worse then steal and rabbit and they got a slap on the wrist.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Cops do their jobs, no matter what the situation is. They over reacted, but she DID break the law. She tried to steal a rabbit and 10 dollars. I'd be mad if someone did that too, especially a stupid kid.

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by BangorangRufio]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I wonder why is it that I can't find that story in any other news media...

This is just something someone made up imo. You get lots of that in these days.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio
Cops do their jobs, no matter what the situation is. They over reacted, but she DID break the law.

We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. resistance is futile.

And the law, as Dickens explained, is an ass.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think it sounds like the local cops trying the time-tested trick of scaring a child "straight."

in other words, trying to get the kid in question to straighten up and fly right....there were not enough details in the story though. But nine years old does seem a little too young for that. Just some harsh words and a ride in the squad car should have done the "trick."

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I wonder why is it that I can't find that story in any other news media...

This is just something someone made up imo. You get lots of that in these days.

It's on the CNN website. I dont understand you think that is made up.

www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 4/9/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I would like to hear the whole story, because there's some major things omited that could make a big difference.

If here parent ('s) had come home after the theft and didn't not inquire about the rabbit, then I would say okay the parent isn't taking responsibility by bringing the animal back.

If the theft occured and the police came and got her before her parents were aware of the problem, that is pretty messed up as the parent could have brought the item back & disiplined the child.

Not knowing the whole story forces you to speculate. My guess is. This is a child that doesn't have a father around and her mother let her get away with it and thus the police had to intervine to teach her a lesson because her mother didn't take care of the matter.

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by outsider]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It must have been traumatized.......

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Poor bunny, being taken like that. It is easter and bunny still gets it bad. Stupid kid. Do they have a little chair for kiddies to get shcoked in? That would teach them.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish we could vote for the best thread title. I was already laughing when I read it, fantastic!

Unfortunately it turns out to be yet more stupidity going on in the world.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
She's only nine; they could punish her some other way.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I agree with the scared straight theory. They were required to do so because it was requested by the victim. If this child has a pattern of this type of behavior developing, this little hour long trip to Juvie might just be the very thing that scares her out of doing something that will earn her 20 years later on.

While to most of us, 9 years old seems young, society and media are educating and increasing the level of what kids know and are capable of these days. If a kid does this without realizing how wrong it is, I can see a slap on the wrist but this girl is evidently aware and in need of parental control.

top topics

join