It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of the Christian God?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Christianity.
Their are various things that could "end" Christianity...or could they?

Certainly the books have been revised, edited and NO ONE in this country follows them literally anymore, thus proving the malleability of the religion.(if you stone adulterers, homosexuals and witches to death please forgive me for offending you by excluding you, I did not know you still existed) Are their "things" this (and similar religions could not survive)? Technology, culture etc.

Example.
If we begin successfully colonizing space to the point where earth is no longer necessary could this "end Christianity", a God's destruction of the earth in the "final judgement" would become meaningless, could this defanging end the religion?

Are their other events that could be similar brick walls for other religions?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There have been many religions that have come and gone over the ages, and Christianity is no different. For example Mithraism was once huge in Roman times, but like any MAN MADE thing it eventually died.

Christianity has enjoyed popularity for 2000 years in SOME parts of the world, but like I said, anything made by man is destined to end sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Your theory, however neglects the fact that not only does it call for the passing of the earth, but also the heavens. The term heavens here comes from the greek word ‘ouranos’ meaning ‘the sky’. When referring to the heavens the Bible also uses the words 'epouranos', "above the sky or celestial," and one other word 'mesouranema', meaning "mid-sky
." “You laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You will endure; yes they will all grow old like a garment” (Psalm 102: 25-26).

join