It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Considering the power of perception...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It just dawned on me that if you consider the power of perception theory, half the posts you read, along with every other type of media is pushing us towards death and destruction... Even our own universe is acting in ways that freak us out... The negetive vibes from the thought of how the world will end in 2012... On how a huge planet X will pass by causing death and destruction... Even the bible, forcasts and end time... Everything we know teaches us there is an end and one day the world will cease to exist.. Yes some might survive and yes some new sort of world population may form and develop like we have, but ultimately if you really look at things... We are doomed... Shoot even this post might give you the vibe... Might make you recall all the caos that is headed our way... ??

Might all this change if maybe we percieved life as never ending? Might a lot of things change if we percieved life in a completely different manner???

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Indeed. Eventually the sun will explode, vaporizing all life on earth.

I guess all we have to look forward to is the end.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

that's exactly how the system wants you to be... If you realize this you can avoid feeling like that is all you have to look forward too... Or at least realize you are in that mental state and maybe force yourself to stop or figure ways to make it better.... I can't really offer you much info. bout that, but one thing I've figured out is the more I learn about everything in general the more the final game plan makes sense and the simpler it seems...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
god didn't give us a choice for no reason and I believe if we choose to change the end won't come as we "hope" or percieve it now...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam
reply to post by theendisnear69

that's exactly how the system wants you to be... If you realize this you can avoid feeling like that is all you have to look forward too... Or at least realize you are in that mental state and maybe force yourself to stop or figure ways to make it better.... I can't really offer you much info. bout that, but one thing I've figured out is the more I learn about everything in general the more the final game plan makes sense and the simpler it seems...

well put. I got the "general" type of mind/thought too. I'm beginning to think that there exists different truths for the same thing, and that each truth has merit logically but only one is correct...but even the correct one has a correlation to perception that i'm still foggy on....a lot of fog goin' on around here lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
well put. I got the "general" type of mind/thought too. I'm beginning to think that there exists different truths for the same thing, and that each truth has merit logically but only one is correct...but even the correct one has a correlation to perception that i'm still foggy on....a lot of fog goin' on around here lol.

You are closer than you realize.

Think of it like this. You have a math equation in algebra; A + B = C. That is the truth. But there are many different ways to express this "truth". 1 + 2 = 3 is one way. 2 + 4 = 6 is another way. While these are 2 different statements, underneath they contain the same truth.

The point is to see beyond the variables used to express the truth, and then you can see the actual truth. People who are unable to see the truth behind each, will then fight back and forth arguing over which is true. 1 side argues 1+2=3!!!!!! And you are going to hell if you dont accept this truth. And then the other side is screaming NO, 2+4=6 and if you don't accept this truth then you are going to hell. But in reality, neither of these sides can actually see the real truth behind it all, A+B=C. The one who sees the real truth understands that both 1+2=3 and 2+4=6 express the truth of A+B=C.

And so if 1 day, everyone will join in "unity" and proclaim 1+2=3, it won't mean anything, because they still won't understand the truth.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
wow good job OP i couldnt agree more. you know me and a friend were discussing this just yesterday. how if they tell us it is some doomsday and we see war and hate everywhere spreading like wildfire, well, those few highly spiritual people will not be able to hold up the earth in its ascent/descent. so my belief is that we dont give in to it. i know after this world, i will still be in my purest form. as a soul. and i dont want to think i just gave up. ill make every last breathe count for your sake. for the sake of us all.

thank you soo much for putting this in the open

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Very simple way of putting things for sure, but makes sense... star for you...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_another_yourself
wow good job OP i couldnt agree more. you know me and a friend were discussing this just yesterday. how if they tell us it is some doomsday and we see war and hate everywhere spreading like wildfire, well, those few highly spiritual people will not be able to hold up the earth in its ascent/descent. so my belief is that we dont give in to it. i know after this world, i will still be in my purest form. as a soul. and i dont want to think i just gave up. ill make every last breathe count for your sake. for the sake of us all.

thank you soo much for putting this in the open

It's like I tell a buddy of mine, if you believe you can't you can not... If you think that you are weak, you will be weak because that is the state of mind you put yourself in... If you perceive that you are not sick, won't get sick, are strong, will survive, you will, more than someone who believe the exact opposite at least...

Then we started talking about how everything is atoms and all matter is made of the same atoms and thus the only reason our environment is real and physical is because this is the way we perceive it... That you could literally lift an entire mountain, but given the current state of emotional and spiritual withdrawl the world is suffering, to change the way things are would be almost impossible... It is almost impossible for someone to even consider let alone believe you could fly, right? If you can't believe that, and nobody else believes that, then it's not going to happen, but if we were taught, hey you can fly, and everyone believed this, we'd all be flying...

At any rate, the reason why we are held back like we are and have such short beliefs, in other words, we don't believe in much anymore, is because of what you might know of as the NWO, which in the simplest form is Satan himself, the spirit of the anti-christ, the 666... Everything you find, will tie into the NWO and then directly into something satanic or satan himself... Don't "believe" me, do the research and you'll see, the people of this org are corrupt and/or possessed, they are evil and the plan they have for the world is evil and they wreak of it...

join