It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Asks Retired Air Force General to Run NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Obama Asks Retired Air Force General to Run NASA

www.space.com

WASHINGTON - U.S. President-elect Barack Obama has asked retired Air Force Maj. Gen. Scott Gration, one of his top foreign policy and military advisers during his campaign, to take the helm of NASA, according to a source informed of the selection.

An announcement is expected as soon as Wednesday. he would be the first NASA administrator in history to be announced before the inauguration of an incoming president.

Gration, a decorated fighter pilot who held senior policy positions in the military prior to his retirement, is a virtual unknown to the space community, but has some experience with NASA. In 1982, as a captain and fighter pilot instructor recently returned from Kenya, Gration spent a year as a White House Fellow working for NASA's deputy administrator at the time, Hans Mark.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Lets see he's one of Obama's top foreign policy and military advisors. A decorated fighter pilot and virtually unknown among the space science community.

What exactly is he doing at NASA?

Why do I keep hearing the Starship Troopers theme?

Seriously, we are probably about to witness, in the near future, the unveiling of the US military's spaceplanes, parasite craft, and insertion of troops from space.

So now how long will it be before NASA and the Air Force's Space Command break off to become the US Space Force?

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Okay... seriously...

I know that Obama is a fan of science fiction things and he's kind of a nerd himself but this is too much.

It's like he wants his fantasy for NASA to be military like so we can have all cool space age weaponry. Please, can't Obama hold off on his fantasy of Space age weaponry for a little bit and actually use NASA to study the problems here on Earth? I have no doubt he will, but, please, Obama, can't you hold off on the sci-fi stuff?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I bet he's a Star Trek fan, or more appropriately a Starfleet fan.

The technology and concepts aren't all sci fi though. The FALCON program has military roots going back to at least the 1970s. SUSTAIN on the other hand is more recent.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Seriously, we are probably about to witness, in the near future, the unveiling of the US military's spaceplanes, parasite craft, and insertion of troops from space.

I keep thinking the same thing. My rational mind manages to temper it out, but I can't help but wonder why announcing a NASA administrator is so important. As the article says, this is the first time it has happened before inauguration.

Being a sci-fi fan is one thing, but there's a lot of people that Obama's decisions need to be explained to. I can't help but think that there's a bigger reason behind it than a penchant for sci-fi.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This is strange in itself, why is this happening at all? Why would NASA be a priority?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Perhaps its because in order to have a "safe and secure space"..you need someone with military experience.

A very "mixed signals" move on Obama's part IMO.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Oh boy. I think this is what Obama is thinking about:
sithsigma.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Oh boy. I think this is what Obama is thinking about:
sithsigma.files.wordpress.com...

I was thinking more along the lines of this:

and this:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

one of his top foreign policy and military advisers during his campaign,

Obama is rewarding him for helping him with his campaign, just like he did with Clinton, it's called cronyism.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Oh, well, they're both in the same battalion. I'm put my money on Vader though. He has the dark force with him, then again..........the US has Dick Cheney

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
tis all part of the cover up , to hide what is really going on in our skies and solar system and to prevent us from discovering ET life and or escaping earth.

the general will be an ai, or hes there and human for a reason possibly to get the military on his side,or as a vital cog in any war with evil aliens

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

tis all part of the cover up , to hide what is really going on in our skies and solar system and to prevent us from discovering ET life and or escaping earth.

It may be too late for that. Check this out:

www.nasa.gov...

Look at the 2:00pm broadcast for the 15th. They may be commenting on this article:

www.thesun.co.uk...

We've been discussing this on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Just what we need! militarization of NASA! This is supposed to be about science, not guns and weaponry. Just another nail in the coffin for world wide opinion on NASA & the mindset of the USA presidency.

(FSA) Fascist States of America, here you come!

IRM

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Here's some more interesting tidbits,

A better image.

top topics

join