It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What conspiracies have ended up being proved right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I was pondering this today. I honestly couldn't think of any at the top of my head...not to say they don't exist though.

Just curious? What conspiracies have proved to be true discussed here on ATS? I've been posting here for about 6 months now so there is much i don't know.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Wasn't Manhattan Project something that was denied for some time?!
This is not one line.
It's three lines.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I didn't know that it was ever denied...that was long before my time on this earth....I have never seen threads on it either...at least from what i've noticed.

This is not surprising to me though...that it was hidden.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
ya and carl sagan practically admitted bluebook was a whitewash

i forgot which book it was in, pale blue dot maybe?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

I didn't know that it was ever denied...that was long before my time on this earth....I have never seen threads on it either...at least from what i've noticed.

This is surprising to me though...that it was hidden.

I believe it took place in Tennessee between 2 valleys. Most people were
asked to join the war effort and come work in this town. Little did they
know that there town was constructing a bomb there. Just watched a
good documentary on History Channel.

I would think the projects involved with The Bomb would be hush-hush
and any public questioning would be deflected or denied.

Imagine if the internet and ATS were operational then?!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I know about bluebook as well. It looks to be proven as being a disinformation campaign..but to what exactly is debatable...that is to alien visitation...proof wise.

I have always been interested in the subject of UFO's. That interest is what brought me to this website. Unfortunately i've yet to see definitive proof that UFO's are in fact ET's. It's mostly blurry pictures and witness testimony. I definitely think it's possible that it's happening...just no proof in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

So it wasn't something that was denied for a very long time..but it was denied. Where there people out there...like there are now...questioning that maybe they were up to something? Or was it kept perfectly secret until it was revealed by the government that we had a nuke?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The single largest conspiracy ever revealed in my lifetime is the cover-up by the tobacco companies that cigarette smoking is neither addictive nor dangerous to one's health. I remember when it became law that by the US Surgeon General that warnings were placed on cigarette packages. I witnessed the trials and millions of dollars of penalties the cigarette compainies were forced to pay to the states for the harm their lies had caused.

Will this ever happen with Mercury fillings, Flouride, Aspartame, etc? Who knows? I sort of doubt it.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
List of proven conspiracies. I will now place an edit signature at the bottom of my post.

[edit on 1/14/09 by TasteTheMagick]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

EDIT: I did not just post a single line post. This is not a cover up.

I did not just double post either.

[edit on 1/14/09 by TasteTheMagick]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

Ah yes...i hadn't even thought about that one and i should of since i'm a smoker. It was proven to be horrible for you..so the state and federal government decide to tax the daylights out of it and make money off of your addiction. I have always thought that money should go into helping people quit..but it doesn't as far as i know.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Money does go to helping people quit. However; being a smoker myself, I find that a lot of it is through a fairly annoying means. That, and I truly am sick of the people that have a problem with my choice to smoke. My choice really wasn't influenced by advertising from big tobacco.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The WTC, tower 7....the authorities finally admitted it was taken down on purpose, and it did not fall down as they previously insisted it was.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
when i was a kid I remember the one world government and the cashless eco. system being the conspiracies of the day. I remember my mom telling me the occult will become powerful, and that peopple will become their own Gods (what does that even mean anyways?). I kind of like this site because people are talkinga bout that kinda stuff as if it's inevitable. I think the one world government is on it's way, but as for the other things i don't know of any indicators that would preclude them without quoting already well known arguments........so i guess none!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

If you accept the truth of the Holocaust, then that was a giant conspriacy on the part of germany.

If you accept 911 was the work of al quaeda, then that was a conspiracy.

Hell - almost every terrible incident must have been a conspiracy. Very few were the work of a lone individual.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

The 'authorities' have done no such thing.

new topics

top topics

join