It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOL Gives Away Spammer's Porsche

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ahhh, revenge is SWEET!

Last week, AOL announced it had confiscated a Porsche Boxster S convertible as part of a settlement with a spammer who made more that $1 million from sending unwanted junk e-mail. The company launched a sweepstakes for the car on March 30 as " a gesture of support and thanks" to its members for their help in the fight against spam.

www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Damn, that guy made a million sending spam? Maybe I should become evil and start doing that, I could use the money but....I dont need a lawsuit, I just cant win.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
They should give the car to ATS all us memmbers get spam i bet and if we add all of it together we can take it from aol
, but in all reality thats cool lol just making money buy sending emails but aol stops it for a reason i guess.

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Publish the name ,mailing address,e-mail address(es) and phone number(s) of the spammers and let us all spam them for awhile.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
Damn, that guy made a million sending spam? Maybe I should become evil and start doing that, I could use the money but....I dont need a lawsuit, I just cant win.

He did, but if he had to pay for sending his mail he wouldn't have made 20% of what he did. Guys like him cost the rest of us, soon we will have to pay for email. Hopefully we will have some sort of quota included with our regular fees. Bad thing is whenever there's a revenue stream it's easy for the government to add a tax. Like our phone & cable bills don't have enough taxes already.

top topics

join