It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pfeil

You got that right! Trust me, some of the biggest he-men you meet are gay.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pfeil

You got that right! Trust me, some of the biggest he-men you meet are gay.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I never claimed any of the things you just accused me of. I said they have no business in a combat unit, and I also said that if I served with any, that no one in the unit knew. I guarantee you. We drank together, we went to the cathouses together, we fought together, and we trusted each other and we relied on each other. To be what you are expected to be.

I said that neither should women serve in the combat arms.

I'm saying that the combat arms is a bit different. And the combat arms, believe it or not, are not the major component of the Army.

No one questions their courage. No one questions their patriotism, no one questions their honor. I would, however, in combat arms, question their common sense.

If I were black, I'd instinctively know that I probably wouldn't be welcome at a Klan rally. If I were white, I'd instinctively know that I wouldn't be welcome walking the streets after dark in Liberty City. If I were Jewish, I would likely know that I wasn't welcome at the Kaaba. And if I were Hamas, I wouldn't be welcome at a Bar Mitzbah.

Here's the problem. Unless the military has gone completely pansy in the last few years, those in combat arms are overall, among their brothers, one crude bunch. You have to be.

Imagine getting the order to go hold this NDP with a known "gay." The teasing, ribbing, and overall ripping of the straight who was forced to be alone anywhere with this guy would be justification for gunplay.

And no, I don't want his blood and I sure as hell don't want mouth-to-mouth resuscitation from this guy.

Give me a break, and instead, let me die.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
And no, I don't want his blood and I sure as hell don't want mouth-to-mouth resuscitation from this guy.

Give me a break, and instead, let me die.

Civilians that are posting on this topic don't understand that the military is their own blood supply. Someone gets wounded, you don't have enough of a certain type, you start finding guys in the unit that have the same type. I've done this a few times already.

Now, here's my question (bonus points to anyone that knows where I'm stealing this from):

A woman punches a guy for being too forward to her, and she's just sticking up for her rights.

I punch a gay that's being too forward to me, I'm a homophobe and just committed a hate crime.

And I don't believe that standard line, "But gays don't act like that!" A gay guy is still a guy; and guys do stupid things while drunk.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

His blood is no different to your blood.

I watched a documentary the other day where a single woman and a group of men were on a plane together, they barely even talked to eachother.

Let me ask you this, does every single last woman in the world 'turn you on'. Hopefully, if you are like most of us, you will say no. Well the same is true for homosexual members, they arn't turned on by every single man in the world....is that so hard to understand?

I would think people fighting and protecting eachothers lives would be able to overcome if someone is gay for a few minutes in a shower... if the man starts to touch them etc then that is different. But if he has a shower it should make no difference at all.

Any man who cannot accept this isn't mature enough to be holding a gun in my opinion...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye
His blood is no different to your blood.

It is if he's HIV positive. And gays have a higher chance of picking up and transmitting that than straights.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Woah...having a disease is different, you do realise straight men catch diseases too right?

You also don't have to be gay to get AIDS....a few needles here and there.

All servicemen should be tested before being shipped out, if there is any disease they should not be able to give blood. There shouldn't be any sexual contact of any sort whilst out fighting, between anyone...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by StevenDye]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
It is if he's HIV positive. And gays have a higher chance of picking up and transmitting that than straights.

Not true. It depends on route of transmission and the particular strain of HIV involved.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have both gays and homophobes in my family and circle of friends. Point blank, "straights" get more offended when a gay man DOESN'T find them attractive than they do if they think they like them. Makes sense, everyone wants to be wanted, but does anyone honestly think sex is on anyone's mind when they are watching out for IEDs or SCUDs?
No, and I bet they aren't any more "distracted by someone else's a--" than a straight soldier but at least they don't get drunk and fight as foreplay. Having spent plenty of time around soldiers I will tell you with absolute certainty that sexual harassment and aggression is a straight problem, gays already have a code for getting laid and it does not involve cornering you in the barracks or the foxhole.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Who cares if gays are in the military ?

They won't last long anyway, they would get beaten up whenever they catch a glimpse of someones weener at shower time anyway.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hmmmm, does that camo jacket come in a shade of pink? Ooooooh! I really would like a cerise shoulder bag to go with my oufit.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The point of ending it was to eliminate discriminatory hiring/promotion which was an accidental by-product of the law, and to make it easier to prosecute others who harmed or killed a gay serviceman. It's much easier to prove when a commanding officer cannot deny knowledge that a
soldier didn't "disclose" sexual preference. Fragging seems to have become more popular in recent years, I can see why they want to go after people.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The point of ending it was to eliminate discriminatory hiring/promotion which was an accidental by-product of the law, and to make it easier to prosecute others who harmed or killed a gay serviceman. It's much easier to prove when a commanding officer cannot deny knowledge that a
soldier didn't "disclose" sexual preference. Fragging seems to have become more popular in recent years, I can see why they want to go after people.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

And I don't believe that standard line, "But gays don't act like that!" A gay guy is still a guy; and guys do stupid things while drunk.

I reckon that the moral of the story is Don't Get Drunk.

Sorry, I had to.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Woah...having a disease is different, you do realise straight men catch diseases too right?

Really? I didn't know that. Seriously, I worry about HIV more than the clap.

You also don't have to be gay to get AIDS....a few needles here and there.

You're right. But we kick junkies out of the military.

All servicemen should be tested before being shipped out, if there is any disease they should not be able to give blood. There shouldn't be any sexual contact of any sort whilst out fighting, between anyone...

We do.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
Hmmmm, does that camo jacket come in a shade of pink? Ooooooh! I really would like a cerise shoulder bag to go with my oufit.

Hey, now, this is a serious thread. So you need to make serious posts.

Everyone knows that cerise clashes with camo!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You have a far greater chance of getting Hepatitis B than HIV from blood. as for Mouth to Mouth resus, you should be using a face shield anyway .... you are more likely to get covered in vomit than anything else.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Wotan

Hey, now, this is a serious thread. So you need to make serious posts.

Everyone knows that cerise clashes with camo!!

I know, sorry, it was something I could not resist.

I'll get my coat!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

We didn't become the strongest military in the world without strict guidelines.
I mean rules are in place for a reason.

What are you going on about? I'm sure someone already has mentioned this but remember the Spartans? Practiced homosexuality all the time and seemed to work for them. Strongest military huh, I'm sure the developement of weapons technology has been hugely impacted from gays. We also had a ban on Blacks remember? That changed as well. Now they're a prime target for recruiters because a lot of them are in poverty, but thats another topic.

You do know gay interpriters have been kicked out of the military when they have a huge shortage of interpriters, how does that help the military and make us stronger? I'm tired of peoples' stupidity on this, grow brains please and stop putting out junk into the world.

If you want to die in a war so gays can live, then by all means go ahead. I'm sure they'll place some lovely flowers at your grave site, and maybe makeout with your cute brother while he is there, who knows.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Homosexuals are people too, they have every right to fight for the american people and recive the benifits that a heterosexual in the military recieves. I a heterosexual male in the military applaud Obama if this is true.

On this note a short story:

My first roommate after finishing my MOS training was a homosexual, he lived in fear untill the day he EAS'ed he never came out to anyone and lived a secret life in shame, is that what we want to do to our people? I hope you think not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join