Why Do We Care So Much About Gaza?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Well I'm sorry you think that it's pointless. It just doesn't make much sense to me, as most people here tend to NOT listen to the MSM media (or say that they don't anyway) and they also don't seem to care about other aggressors as much as this one.

Why is Gaza related to the "end of days?" Why not another conflict? Why? I still don't understand about the cams, or the bombs, or the thread making.

If you think this thread is pointless, then don't post. I had a question so I asked it, because I'd like to understand why humans do these sorts of things that don't make sense in huge proportions.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Maybe, Founding.

I just thought of something else, regarding the webcams especially. I discovered it when I saw the post just made about Iran vs. Israel.

Do we want to see a nuke go off? Are we curious? Are we sick of people threatening and building them but never setting them off?

Could it be about that? Or is it about boredom? I don't know. Any more answers?

That can be answered by what is commonly known in the MSM field.

"If it bleeds, it leads".

It is sight, sounds, death, distruction, chaos, meyhem, devistation, pain, suffering, GENOCIDE.

Let me put it in another way. If this were a movie...it would be the all time #1 box office hit of all time and centuries to come.

But it is a "REAL" reality video show. That is what makes it even more of an attention grabber. Add all the religious, history, blame this, blame that into the mix and you got yourself one hell of a script.

Problem with this movie..is that there is no definative ending, no credits at the end, no orchestral master piece music score, just real death, real destruction, real devistation. Its better than..."the real thing"..even tho it is in fact the real thing.

Once all this starts to hit closer to home, the focus will change from "bumbs in chairs watching live webbiecam video" to "holy crap Id better start begging for forgiveness before my home is bombed".

If all of this were happening on our doorsteps, in our communities, our friends, neighbors, children getting killed and injured..the attitude would change from "ohh ahh" to "oh s...".

Not sure what it is your exactly looking for in an answer. War never has a correct answer, or a logical one. It just is for what it is..and always has the same results. Death.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

reply to post by drwizardphd

No outlet for good discussion? Well, maybe. It may explain part of it. But why the repetitive threads, what about the arguing? Why is everyone taking this so personally? How come people feel the need to attack the opinions of others on this conflict that has nothing directly to do with most of us? There has to be more.

Actually I agree with you most people here do seem to take it too personally. I see many of the Jewish members taking attacks on Israel personally on a religious level, and honestly I don't understand it. People also despise ignorance on these forums, and most of the Israel supporters seem to be drinking it in by the gallon. At this point, I don't care if you have family over there, or Jewish blood or whatever. Supporting Israel in their occupation of Gaza is the equivalent of supporting the Nazi occupation of Poland in 1939.

I would say that if people could get over their bickering, personal attachments (if any) to either side of the conflict, and just objectively look at the time line over the last 60 years, they'd realize Israel has to go. End of story.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Let me give a rather blunt answer. Many Americans, including me, feel that Israel has had too much say in US policy. I firmly believe that our unswerving support for Israel is dragging us into wars that we have no business getting involved in. They have been fighting in the middle east for over 3,000 years, roughly 2800 years before the US was even founded. We need to stay out of this fight. We should encourage peace, but I don't think arming Israel to the teeth with our latest and greatest weapons is the way to encourage peace.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

If that's your answer, then why not Darfur?
It just doesn't add up, you know? Why aren't we fascinated with the cruel and horrible suffering of people who don't even have weapons to defend themselves or people supporting them anywhere around?

Your answer does seem to explain the camera watching, though. The pieces are just starting to add up, maybe.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It seems many people have already decided that Israel has to go, but even after they make their point known, they repeatedly state the same things, argue with others enough to cause cursing and warnings here on ATS, and remain glued to every bit of information that comes out, like their lives depend on it.

It's super weird.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

So you think it may be a type of fight against our government to prove that we don't support their agendas? That makes some sense. What about people in other countries, then?

And why the need to feel so personal about everything, then? It's like every nitpick turns into a personal argument for the death! And although some have come out and voiced this outright, about the US and their support for Israel, why doesn't everybody just come out and say so?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Comrad "ravenshadow13" it isn't hard for people to realize that the Israeli's are out to exterminate the Palestinians and take Gaza for themselves. Why shouldn't people be up in arms about one country killing off another country in its entirety. We are a civilized people now supposedly, yet country after country lets the Israeli's exterminate the Palestinians and that is not right. The Palestinians need to be protected, not exterminated as the Israeli's want.

Here is the site where the Prime Ministers of Israel state that they fully intend to kill off all the Palestinians and take all of their land.

www.monabaker.com...

Here are more examples for non-believers.

whatreallyhappened.com...

and finally... you can go to this thread below on ATS and see maps on the very first post, what Palestine looked like, and how Israel is taking all of Palestine and killing all of the Palestinians in order to take "all of their land".

I’m Sick Of The Pro Israel Sentiment Here On ATS!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

So you think it may be a type of fight against our government to prove that we don't support their agendas? That makes some sense. What about people in other countries, then?

Obviously, I can't speak for other countries, but based on some of the reactions I've seen on ATS to Americans, I think many feel that we are too involved in these overseas conflicts.
However, I would rather have them tell you what they feel.
I can say that many of my acquaintances are fed up with Israel's antics lately, and they are not ATS members. Of course, our government doesn't seem to listen to us anyway. Look at the vast opposition to the Bailout Bill last October, yet the bill was rammed through the Congress, and signed by the "Decider". So much for what the American public thinks.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Right but my point is that there are tons of other unfair conflicts going on around the world, and this one has just sucked everyone up in a vacuum. I mean, yes, I understand everybody takes sides and this is a war and all that but... we're not over there. It's not any closer to most of us than any other war going on.

I mean, Guantanamo has had less posts on here, as has Darfur. I just don't get why all of us are getting wrapped up in it when it doesn't have anything more to do with us than those problems.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It seems many people have already decided that Israel has to go, but even after they make their point known, they repeatedly state the same things, argue with others enough to cause cursing and warnings here on ATS, and remain glued to every bit of information that comes out, like their lives depend on it.

It's super weird.

I'm going to have to agree with you there. Some people just have too much free time.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Right. But even on here, like, look above "I'm sick of the pro-Israel sentiment here on ATS!"

Well I was pretty sure for awhile that was just me because I don't really want to put all my soul on one side of anything, especially since I do have family there (if that is a poor excuse, whatever, I don't want Israel nuked). I know what they're doing is wrong. That's just me, though.

Way more people on here DON'T support Israel, yet people still feel the need to argue for their lives!!! I was just wondering why, as right now I seem to have moved over to be disgusted at most of Israel's acts, even if they were originally in defense.

Why the tension among people who agree with each other? It's so odd.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Comrad "ProfEmeritus" you are the MAN. I like that last post, the US government doesn't listen to its people any more. The bailout helped the rich, and the majority of the Americans didn't want the bailout. The US government likes Israel, but the Americans themselves are belly full of the Israeli's. When will the US government listen to its people?

[edit on 14-1-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I mean, Guantanamo has had less posts on here, as has Darfur.

You keep bringing up Darfur, which in no way is analogous to the Gaza situation. Darfur is a CIVIL WAR in Sudan. Countries SHOULD stay out of civil wars. Nobody can even figure out what the two sides are fighting about. It's a classic case of military versus rebels.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I don't know but going crazy and turning into anti-Israel zombies probably isn't going to help, neither is staring at these videos of bombings or pictures of charred babies. I mean, I know there isn't much we can do, but wouldn't you think that being civil is a good start?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

When will the US government listen to its people?

Probably only when Americans finally get disgusted enough to take to the streets.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

It seems like there is a ton of confusion here, too. And America should stay out of the Gaza conflict, right? It's kind of similar. I mean, even in just the context that "Oh tons of people are suffering!!!" because that's all the argument some people have right now in the Gaza conflict, when people suffer everywhere else all the time.

So, still, if not Darfur, then surely Iran? Surely Russia? Surely someone else can at least be vented on for half the energy that people are putting towards this war that, even you admitted, we personally shouldn't be involved with at all.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Comrad "ravenshadow13", I guess you still don't understand. Here it is plain and simple. The difference is simple. "Israel will stop at nothing to totally kill off all of the Palestinians and take all of their land".

Where else in this world do you see this occuring? Nowhere. That is the difference between the situations you want to know about.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Hmm. Okay, good point.
It's not exactly the same. But that still doesn't explain this massive hysteria that is occurring all these miles away.

And what about my nuclear weapons question? What about the webcams? What about everyone being so testy and protective?

Human nature?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Darfur, civil war or not, is not on the map because it is in Africa. If Africa had an abundance of oil like the Middle East then we would be talking about Darfur. Innocent people are dying there and other places and deserve just as much attention as Gaza if not more IMO. Religion also peaks our interest in this area.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join