Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A Serious Question For All Pro-Israel ATS Members

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Does Palestine, no let me rephrase.
Does Gaza..... no no let me rephrase again.

Does Hamas represent a threat to the might of Israel?????????

I'm just going through a few threads here on ATS and I am SHOCKED to see how many members keep talking about rockets this rockets that.

Dear God, homemade rockets made by such a small small small group represent a threat to ISRAEL???????????????

I'm not even going to mention how Israel isn't even targeting Hamas but just civilians, businesses and hospitals. All that make up a society.

But do you "pro-israel" ats members really believe that Hamas represents a threat to the Almighty "we got a million nuclear warheads and control America" Israel??????

What are you guys smoking??????????????????????
.... and.. can I have some?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm only semi-pro-Israel because I have family there, first of all. I don't think what they're doing is right, but I don't want them wiped off the planet either.

I do think Hamas poses a thread to Israel, because Hamas can easily become allied with enough countries and/or organizations to overpower Israel- a country the size of New Jersey.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Really?
West Bank condemns Hamas as far as I understand.
Egypt does not like Hamas

Iran is pro-gaza people, not pro-hamas

so I disagree

and of course israel shouldn't be wiped off the map
no country or region should

but some govt.s... oh yes.... oh yessss!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Judging by the announcement from whoever/Osama in the past 24 hours, I would tend to disagree with the fact that other groups would -not- support Hamas.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
oh plz, OBL is a CIA agent my friend

it's all propoganda

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Tell ya what...you stand there and let me shoot ya ......then I shoot ya again and again and again....etc....for like 8 months straight....would you keep on taking it or would you finally get tired of getting shot at and retaliate?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Doesn't sound like a serious question at all.

Sounds more like your completely ignorant on the subject. How about you open a history book my friend.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Dear God, homemade rockets made by such a small small small group represent a threat to ISRAEL???????????????

Well, home-made rockets are no big deal, really.

Of course, that all changes when you're laying in the dirt, trying to stuff your guts back inside of you, or trying to find your missing leg.

How come everyone gets all fired up over Israel and this fighting, yet they don't see that HAMAS isn't doing the civilians in Gaza any favors by setting up fighting positions in their homes/yards/neighborhoods.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
Tell ya what...you stand there and let me shoot ya ......then I shoot ya again and again and again....etc....for like 8 months straight....would you keep on taking it or would you finally get tired of getting shot at and retaliate?

well firstly I would acknowledge that I created you and your bullets
then i migth use my anti-bullet weaponry

but what I wouldn't do is attack everyone around you except you
what I wouldn't do is attack all businesses, hospitals and put all your surroundings in a concentration camp, continue to kill all your surroundings by never kill or even target you.

any other questions?

it's so funny how you responded in my thread but didn't even come anywhere near to answering my question.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Does Palestine, no let me rephrase.
Does Gaza..... no no let me rephrase again.

Does Hamas represent a threat to the might of Israel?????????

I'm just going through a few threads here on ATS and I am SHOCKED to see how many members keep talking about rockets this rockets that.

I'm not even going to mention how Israel isn't even targeting Hamas but just civilians, businesses and hospitals. All that make up a society.

But do you "pro-israel" ats members really believe that Hamas represents a threat to the Almighty "we got a million nuclear warheads and control America" Israel??????

What are you guys smoking??????????????????????
.... and.. can I have some?

You are simply a mean spirited, acid tongued human.

I will sink to your low level and respond to this insulting post.

"Israel is not targeting Hamas just civilians..." Wow. Absolutely clueless you are mate.

Hamas is NOT a threat to Israel. Not at all. Hamas is a threat to the people living in Israel.

Hamas DOES target civilians. They hope that ALL of their "Teeny, tiny, non-threatening" rockets land in school yards and homes. If that was not true why fire them?

A state CAN NOT let agression go without a response. Mexico is about to unravel according to news reports. If the violence spreads to our border then the US MUST respond to end the threat. Does the US not have that right?

Japan let 8,000 fire bomb ballons go with the HOPE it would land in civilian populations in the US. 1 person was officially killed from those bombs that actually caued millions in damage to the US even in 1942. Would the US have been wrong to use the bombs aa a reason to respond?

Nations can not allow agression to go without a response. Israel went 1 year without a response to the rockets. Anyone would be ready to respond at that point.

Please lower your rhetoric level to civil tones if you want real responses.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I think it is very nice of Osama Bin Laden to be so helpful to America. He only pops his head out of that miserable cave to aide our government in its plans to hoodwink the American people. He helps sedate the American people while our government skillful removes our rights and constitution with such great precision that we do not even realize they are missing. What a great American patriot Osama has become.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Does Hamas represent a threat to the might of Israel?

To that one person that is nearly hit by a rocket, it is a threat. Israel could ignore it. No doubt they have many more people than Hamas has rockets, but like most modern countries Israel puts a value on each and every life. They have to either respond, or just admit that they don't care about their citizens as individuals.

Hamas can't win. They have no hope of winning and in my opinion aren't even trying to win. They are simply engaged in a public relations battle. Their goal is simply to create as many civilian casualties as possible on each side so that the press will show the world just how tough they have it.

Personally I think it's just a PR front for Iran, who cares nothing for the people stuck in Gaza. It's just another political tool for them. No one really expects any thing to come out of it.

The short answer. Just because criminals aren't armed as well as the police, and just because they're not as dangerous as the authority, doesn't mean they have the right to be passed over from punishment.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i think israel should ignore the rockets actually.
the only reason i say that of course is that they funded and created the hamas movement in the 80's.
so they create hamas they have to deal with them and they have to put up with hamas rockets.

if they want to get rid of hamas (which i agree that they should) they must do so in a manner that does not consist of genocide and wiping out the entire civilian population of gaza with illegal white phosphorus rounds. this is a war crime no matter what way you look at it.

hamas are terrorists, but israel funded them.
you made your own filthy bed israel, now you must lie in it, or clean it up without slaughtering innocent civilians.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I guarantee you, if I were shooting identical rocket at your house, you'd call the cops. Let me shoot hundreds, and you'd be raising hell! Yeah. They go right though the roof, and everything!

Since this isn't a police problem, it is the duty and obligation of the Israeli government to address the problem, and stop the shooting.

After protesting and warning, and it continues, the next best thing is to give the perpetrators a dose of their own medicine.

I have a question. What is common sense? After all, on ATS sometimes, it really doesn't seem common at all!

This is the most ridiculous thread I've seen yet. Worse than the alien anal probe crap. But after reading the words of the OP . . .

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Fight (I wouldn't call this a war) always takes 2 participants. Fighting is never justified and correct. But remember who started this fight and also preceeding wars that has been around the region: It was Britain by it's silly politics and the declaration of Balfour. But well, we can't alter the past.

I am not pro-Israel, neither I support the cause HAMAS and it's interest groups. The violence only spawns more violence. All I can say is that, Israel as a state and it's people doesn't hold up the ancient laws which it's religion was founded upon. Thou shalt not kill, remember. And I am sure that it's (nor anybody else's) sins will be forgiven before they repent and alter their ways.

I believe that this situation is the result of past actions and therefore all this happens is merely their own fault. Israel has it's Karma to carry - just like everyone else has. Do not blame them for the past actions since they cannot be changed - but neither do not feel sorry for them now, for they have earned what they got.

Only future matters, and we all have to make right choices today.

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hamas doesn't necessarily pose a threat to the sovereignty of Israel, but its rockets certainly pose a threat to its people.

In Mathematics, in order to prove something is what it is, we sometimes for a moment suggest the opposite is true in order to find a contradiction, so I will do that here.

Okay, so Hamas launching rockets into Israel is not dangerous. The rockets do not at all pose any threat to the people of Israel, and the Israel government is not responsible for protecting its citizens. Israel has no right to protect its citizens, and has to just deal with the fact that Israeli people are just going to have to live with the possibility of having a rocket kill them at any moment.

These statements don't really make much sense do they?

So to answer your question, "Does Hamas represent a threat to the might of Israel" I would have to say no, they don't pose a threat to the "Mighty" Israel. But what they do pose a threat to, is Israel's people. Therefore a government is mandated to protect its people, which is after all one of the functions of a government.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think the way Israel is going about doing it is necessarily right, but they definitely do have the right to protect their people.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I haven't had much to say on the situation because I have found a lot of the debates on the topic to be rather ill rational and uninspiring even if there is some validly to them . To be blunt I don't even see any validly to your question because who in there right mind wouldn't consider rockets being fired into there neighbourhood as anything but a security threat ?

You also have to factor in the history of suicide bombings in the region as well when it comes to how Israelis(SP?) would feel . For the record I think that both sides are at fault I am hardly pro Israel .

join