It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists want God stricken from inaugural oath

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well, that's over and done with. He did say "So help me God". The point is now moot.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
All of the sudden I feel the uncontrollable urge to go to a church and Worship according to the Christian rite. I feel Compelled as if a powerful and forceful hand is pushing me.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

It is quite astonishing that atheists have been given any credibility for their seriously impaired view of God and Creation. Why? The Creator speaks to everyone via dreams and visions (whether they accept it or not, or even pay attention). Notable people who have heeded the Living Word are often called prophets, seers, visionaries etc. Einstein was a good example of a modern prophet in the realm of science. He used his dreams to create his two most famous Theories (as did Darwin and several Nobel Prize winners) but many others have too including the inventor of the Periodic Table of Elements and discoverers of the double helix of DNA. So when you hear someone claiming to be an atheist spout their form of stupidity and disbelief don't believe them. They are simply choosing to be ignorant of the Creator, as abundant proof of this reality of a living communication exists without religion touching it.

Most atheists are against religion, because of the stupidities that flow from the religionaries proclaiming to believe and then ignore, belittle or deny the means of communication the Creator is known to use. Religionaries certainly cannot speak for the Creator as they don't know how to use the Living Word and rely on materials that although were inspired by God are far from live.

Want to know how the process works? Read "Practically Dreaming".

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ha, it seems that these days the Atheists are starting to become sell outs. Now they're just becoming as vocal as religious people. How very annoying.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I know this will upset some of the atheists out there but what are you making a big deal over. A person either believes in God and therefore believes that it is right for God to be mentioned which is a reason for, a person does not believe in God therefore to them what is being mentioned has no meaning they may not support but according to their ideals God does not exist therefore all that is happening is someone wasting a slight amount of breath or finally the person is agnostic in which case it does not matter what is said as they are open to the idea of God. So in conclusion we have a reason for and no reasons against. Therefore why do you care if God is mentioned its not like its harming or even affecting you.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Apparently, it's much more cool and hip to hate on God.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I didn't hear his "redo" does anybody know if he included these words in it? ad because it was a recording, we can't know if the bible was used or if any voice tampering was in play.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

In God we trust was shoved down the throat of America by the Cretin Senator Joe McCarthy, I for one, would prefer a return to 'e pluribus unum'
the TRUE national statement, God does not belong on our currency. Theocracy is the greatest evil of all... IMO

It was Also shoved into the Pledge of Alegence (Against the wishes of the Preacher who wrote it in the first place) by the same offensive tyrant, and also needs to be removed. Not because people do or dont believe in God, but because it is an inappropriate use. As Power plays always are.

Not an Aethiest, and completely against having God in politics.

PS as to the newly turned... the Newly turned of any philosophical belief system, religious or Non are always frightening, I firmly believe that is where the idea of Vampires comes from...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join