It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Third Horseman of the Apocalypse Revealed..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Good evening folks,

It seems that ever since the U.S. Presidential Election of 2008 entered its' primary season, people have been posting threads and videos proclaiming Barack Obama as being the Antichrist, to the point of a sticky being necessary at the top of this forum to remind people not to make new threads about it. Although I admittedly see the charisma and personality that the President-elect has, I have always been against the notion of him being the Antichrist. I'm not afraid to say that I even voted for him (But I usually go to the left anyway). That is not what this thread is about whatsoever. But I do feel that he IS a figure from the end-times book of Revelation, authored by John of Patmos. Which figure do you ask? Well is it not obvious?

In Revelation, Chapter 6, Verse 5, it describes the four horsemen of the apocalypse. It gives the order in which they appear, and it gives their description to allow clues as to what they mean and symbolize so that the faithful may discern whether or not they are present. First allow me to say that I do not think the horsemen are literal people, but represent the entire era of a particular person. The symbolism goes far beyond the individual, yet there is an individual present whom matches the description of each horseman themselves, respectfully.

The first horsemen is described as being on a white horse, having a crown, and a bow, riding forth to conquer. However, one small detail most miss is that he is carrying no quiver of arrows, nor does he have a single arrow notched in his bow. This symbolizes military strength, particularly in projectile warfare of a larger scale (aircraft, missiles, etc), but not the actual use of it. Conquering through other means whilst having the showpiece weaponry. The crown symbolizes nobility and the part of the world this horseman would be occurring in. To me, it's obvious that the formation of the European Union, spearheaded by the governments of countries who represent monarchies, former monarchies, and other royalty was the start of the era of this horseman. Also, the ancestral homeland of whats commonly known to be 'white' people. The world leader on the scene at the time who has the horseman's features? Quite a few, but just to throw one out there, President Clinton was relatively peaceful with the capability to not be (bow w/no arrows). He made the U.S. integral to the Bosnian conflict's resolution, but did it through NATO, not through his own nation acting alone. A bow with no arrows.

The second horseman is described as being on a red horse, and makes war with all the nations. This horseman symbolicly represents the U.S. led 'War on Terrorism' since it began on September 11th, 2001. This is the horseman we've been living under the influence of ever since, but are about to pass finally. We're currently in the last portion of this one's influence. The Terror War has involved countries all across the World, of all types of government, all types of religion, friends and foes alike, no nation has been excluded. Who is the man embodying the characteristics of the horseman during this period of time? Again, quite a few, but I'd have to say President Bush OR Osama Bin Laden, or both. Some used to think the red symbolized Communism but as we see, it has nothing to do with it.

The third horseman is described as being on a black horse and carrying a scale. The hosts of God tell John the bit about wheat and barley costing a certain amount of denarius each, and do not touch the oil or wine, meaning those are extremely expensive or not available. This symbolizes famine as we all know who have looked into this at all, even watching one show about it on TV would tell you this. The economy problems the U.S. is facing RIGHT before and during the inauguration of the next President Barak Obama is quite telling of the change thats occurring from Horseman #2 to Horseman #3. So while Obama is President we will have to deal with this economy fallout, potential collapse, or the potential creation of the American Union, or even a new currency. The rest of the world follows suit and their markets suffer when the U.S. markets suffer. This is the horseman we will be under from the moment of the inauguration onward, and the man on the world scene that embodies some of the physical traits of the horseman is obviously President-elect Barak Obama. Being the 'first black President' of the U.S. seems to be quite the big deal, even across the world. Black is symbolized perfectly. Black President + Economic problems like never before seen in our era = 3rd horseman.

The fourth horseman is on a pale horse and represents the Antichrist and Death. Some leading interpreters of Revelation think he symbolizes plagues and viruses, or chemicals unleashed on the people of the planet. This essay has little to do with the final horseman, and his appearance is still a ways away in the opinion of the author. These riders 'Herald the Apocalypse'. This means that they bring it in, that they introduce it, that it begins when theyve made their appearance. This would mean we are one horseman away from full-out tribulation according to the Book of Revelation. We draw ever nearer, particularly with the next horseman era looming on the horizon. Within a week we will be under the influence of the next horseman. I pray for us all, even those who'd wish against being prayed for, that we can make it through the upcoming times as the financal AND food/medicine situations worsen, and I advise people to start doing without a little bit more all the time, so that when hardship strikes, it slides right off of you.

God bless you all!

[edit on 1/14/2009 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Far too much has been made of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Just symbols of the future of the Roman Empire.

White - victory, expansion.

Red - the wars and defeats to come.

Black/Pale - results of the wars, shortages, and then famine and disease.

Dang. Let's conjure up some different waves of aliens by races coming to destroy all people who listen to Perry Como.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by dooper]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So your saying the 2nd horseman is BUSH jr, and the 3rd is OBAMA? Now I don't doubt that the 3rd might be Obama, nice theory I haven't heard yet, I seriously doubt the 3 horsemen are so close together, so close as to being consectutive U.S. prsesidents, thats pretty a pretty narrow view on the four horsemen, I would say they could be as far apart as 500 years, and there have been many a war monger that would better fit the 2nd horseman than Bush, I'd say Hitler would be a better fit, but I do not claim to know, all I do know is the Jews will rebuild A Temple in Jerusalem, so I don't need to worry about who a final fictional antichrist is, I believe there are many antichrists as the bible never specifically says there is one in the end, there are many, and I don't have to worry about who the horsemen are because the re-building of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem will be the major physical sign, there is no need for me to boggle my mind over the book of revelation, read the last chapters of the book of EZEKIEL if you really want to know about the end times, people assume the book of REVELATION because it's at the end is the end, but the book of EZEKIEL talks at length in more plain words what will happen namely the rebuilding of the JEWISH TEMPLE in JERUSALEM. No Temple, no final war, because the building of the temple likely will fuel the final war, and by temple I mean not a simple meeting place I mean Solomon's Temple.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
How could all of this have been known over a thousand years ago? It just seems iffy to me. Maybe Obama can't ride a horse. Bush probably can, he's from Texas, after all.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
the reason the horsemen are so close together is because they are written as being so. they are introduced one after the other, sentence for sentence, verse for verse. as if each one comes and goes, heck some people even think that all four will be doing their thing together simultaineously, like 4 evil knights roaming the earth lol

edit: to raven,

everything else leading up to that portion of the book has been completed in prophecy, such as Israel's recreation as a nation.

[edit on 1/14/2009 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Hm. Runetang, you actually may have compelled me to pick up part of a Bible.
We don't have the book of Revelations in my house... is it online somewhere?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by runetang

Hm. Runetang, you actually may have compelled me to pick up part of a Bible.
We don't have the book of Revelations in my house... is it online somewhere?

Yes, just Google it, plenty of sites.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
good theory

I kinda hope its true
haha
probably gonna eat my words for saying that, literally!

btw raven, Ill tell you how this is known about over a thousand years ago, its because its God word!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Very interesting ...I had not really thought about it in quite that way ..
I agree they seem to ride one after the other ..........

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
After more study I got to thinking about the Rider on the White Horse with the bow and no arrows....

Here is what Daniel says about the Antichrist

Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify [himself] in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Here is more
Dan 11:23 And after the league [made] with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
Dan 11:24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do [that] which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: [yea], and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

Notice he enters peaceably ....
And it is by PEACE he destroys many ..(bow with no arrow)
After the league he makes with them promising peace (is lieing) ...then he comes at them with weapons of war (possibly the Ezek war with Israel)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Here is more
Dan 11:23 And after the league [made] with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
Dan 11:24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do [that] which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: [yea], and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

Notice he enters peaceably ....
And it is by PEACE he destroys many ..(bow with no arrow)
After the league he makes with them promising peace (is lieing) ...then he comes at them with weapons of war (possibly the Ezek war with Israel)

That is a good find from Daniel you have there. It really gives me the impression that the Antichrist or Beast will not be one single man or figure like so many people, like the vast majority believe. That must be an obvious deception because that is how Antichrist is depicted by the mainstream christian religious groups as well as the ones in cahoots with Israel. Because how can one man enter upon the fattest parts of the land? Come on now .. lol ...

Peacekeepers can enter upon the fattest parts of the land if they're "needed", and guess what?! They do so peacefully! At leaster they enter peacefully, I should say.

I think the four horseman could all be back-to-back Presidents, come to think of it.

#1: Bush Sr. / Clinton (Bush Sr. entered between the two rivers of Mesopotamia, the fattest parts of the land symbolicly. Clinton entered Europe and made more peace between Israel and Palestine than any other President. Both did this through peaceful means, at least peaceful entry in the case of Bush Sr.)
#2: Bush Jr. (Starts War on Terror Worldwide. Gathered the nations to a coalition of the willing to make war with Iraq. Summoned NATO nations to assist in war with Afghanistan. Makes strikes on Pakistani tribal land.)
#3: Obama (First Afro-American President, takes office during biggest economic crisis of the past few decades, which includes rampant food scarcity in parts of the world.)
#4: DEATH, and hell rode with him ..

It all matches? I hate to say it but it does . . lol

[edit on 1/15/2009 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have to disagree ..

Dan 11:27 And both these kings' hearts [shall be] to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper: for yet the end [shall be] at the time appointed.

It is pretty clear here that it is a KING >..two Kings actually ...
Hmm Israel and the US ? ....Sounds like a confederacy doesnt it ..at least the verse above suggests that ..

The rest of the verses says HE ..not they ...or it ...but HE >...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Of course I'm not arguing that it doesn't say HE .. it does.

But there are soooo many places throughout the bible, both testaments, where parables are given and metaphors are given where one or a few people are described but they symbolicly mean groups of people or nations. For instance, when talking about a woman, specifically a virgin woman, or a woman about to give child birth, the consensus with most is that this is speaking about the Church; ie the faithful.

But as to each place where it says he but could really mean they, there's no way to resurrect these people and ask them what they meant, so people are going to read it differently.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

are there any stipulations about the temple being rebuilt? maybe the temple that's there doesn't have to be destroyed and the new (3rd) temple doesn't have to be so spectacular.

what if someone went there with some toothpicks and some glue and built a tiny temple. would that count? what if the world blew up right after that.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
What is it with religious people on here? All you do is harp on about signs of what could be the end of the world - right now there's at least a dozen threads in as many subject forums all spreading the same miserable doom-mongering message.

Aren't you Christians meant to be happy, thoughtful, enlightened - even kind? That's what Sunday School taught me, but no, rather than spreading the word of God all we get from you is we're all going to suffer a horrible death very soon and here's a sign to back up my notion.

Just quit it! I personally take everything you say with a pinch of salt but there are people who you will genuinely frighten - that's just not Christian is it?

Flame for all I care as according to you lot it won't be long until I'll be consumed in fire, eaten by locusts, drowned and my children roadkill!

What a happy lot you are - try singing for goodness sake.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
yeah but it kinda makes sense, like clinton, he was pretty white and he was chill peaceful, bush is a REDneck sounds like a REDneck he attacks everything furiously lol in retaliation for the good of his fellow americans. and obama i dunno about that horseman but the horse is black and obama is black! and thats what i had to say didnt read the fourth we not there yet lol

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
this is how i know that they're b.s-ing EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND AMERICA lmao cmon God was like here ill right this book telling of the end of the world and as a wise and powerful God ill do the opposite of what everyone thinks and make the fate of the world rely on the most cocky of countries and it will rely on that countries president and no other country only they matter because GOD WORDS!!!!! lmao but seriously the fate of the world depends on who's the american president.... burn out... nationalist christian much? i thought this site was completely bias and had to provide proof with its discussions. sorry i just did a huge turn around but that religious story sucked me in they all do, i mean who WOULD NOT want to be involved in something so epic. but if you think about it mad people are getting killed in gaza thats pretty epic if a bunch of people just said HEY STOP [snip] AROUND and it worked. thats EPIC get a bunch of people together lol real time u know never mind the past and future right nowwwwwww.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I don't buy into any of this junk! I am a God fearing soul and I am a believer. But, to say for sure that these men are the Horseman of the Apocalypse is absurd! Back in 1999, every Bible thumper out there was SURE it was the end of the world because of the computer Y2K possible crash. They were preaching it was the end of the world then but here we are today. Back in 911, the Bible thumpers began preaching doomsday sermons again as THIS was the end of the world. Here we are, still alive.

I have 1 beef with most religion. They preach doom and focus on doom. They use and twist doom for their own benefit. "Save your soul! The end of the world is at hand!" This is no better than Jim Jones and his kool-aid act. Religion is between God and man. Not between God, then a preacher, then man. I do not like it when religious leaders "lead" instead of "guide". Leading requires dominance as someone else does the thinking for you. Guiding means someone offering thoughts, ideas, and help to guide you towards the correct direction and you decide your own actions.

I am not meaning to get up on a soap box. But, I live in an area where most people seem like sheep and do not have a mind of their own and repeatedly show actions that they do not use the mind God gave them. For my ways of thinking I have been shunned by most churches. Too few are beginning to understand philosophies I have talked about 10 years ago. I do not preach, I guide and open minds.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaxium
I am not meaning to get up on a soap box. But, I live in an area where most people seem like sheep and do not have a mind of their own and repeatedly show actions that they do not use the mind God gave them. For my ways of thinking I have been shunned by most churches. Too few are beginning to understand philosophies I have talked about 10 years ago. I do not preach, I guide and open minds.

Right on, man! People are like sheep, aren't they? they have never studied beyond their holy book, and they do not know about the magic mushroom cults of those times. I would bet that if I had some of those red caps, and sat in a cave feeling oppressed, I could come up with a story of destruction also. The fact is, most Christians do not ever read their Bible, they read passages from it instead. Having studied this book, one can prove, or disprove most anything at all. Also, they seem to forget that man had the ability to, and did so, write down things long before the Bible was written, and that the Bibles took many Sumarian and Egyptian tales and wove them into Bible texts. They also forget that people called "scribes" did the copying, and some of these scribes left out parts, and added some to suit themselves. I will leave you all with some links to ponder...

jesusneverexisted.com...
www.williamtyndale.com...
stargods.org...
www.sullivan-county.com...
current.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The four horseman, are not men. Research

top topics

<<   2 >>

join