It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan: Places of Mystery Prophecies of Copan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have not seen these before its a great documentary of the Mayans and how they lived and a good example of how their society worked with amazing footage of new discoveries I thought some here at ATS would like to see them.

Let me know what you think

SLAY

As archeologists unearth new Mayan temples in Honduras, experts struggle to decipher their glyphs and calendar events. Researchers have discovered that this extremely accurate calendar contains the dates of past events and predictions for the future.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What I find really amazing is that they built all of what they had by hand and did not have beasts of burden like the OX or Horses.

My question becomes if they built on top of older civilizations structures are archeologist afraid to dig deeper being afraid of damaging whats on top?
In the video they show some passages into them but were hose discovered or created by archeologists?

Or do they tunnel into these site to find even older relics?

[edit on 14-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good stuff Slayer

I worked in Honduras but never got to that site. The prophecy stuff at the end is a bit of stretch but the other materials (I watch the first and last videos only) is good

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
What I find really amazing is that they built all of what they had by hand and did not have beasts of burden like the OX or Horses.

My question becomes if they built on top of older civilizations structures are archeologist afraid to dig deeper being afraid of damaging whats on top?

Or do they tunnel into these site to find even older relics?

They tunnel, getting down to the first constructions is always a key objective.

Archaeologist work in system where finding new stuff is rewarded, not finding anything interesting or old hat leads to little grant money and teaching archaeology in a community college in Iowa.

So yes they look deep. When we were clearing sites we always put in test pits- and often went down to limestone 'bed rock' or the water table-sometimes we went lower but going thru water is hard work.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yeah I know I guess they put that in because the producers probably knew that the 2012 stuff would grab peoples attention.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
great videos.. really enjoyed them
s/f..

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

Hey thanks for the S/F I've always been fascinated by the Mayans, Aztec, and Olmecs. I will hopefully go down there one day and see these for myself.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
What no other replies?
Now that is a conspiracy

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Nice Find Slayer S&F

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

thanks I had a hard time finding my own post it has been moved now by a mod like twice now

new topics

top topics

join