It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Would Ban War, Guns, Religion Money & Nationality How About You

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by annefran
How about a counter thread on what we would make compulsory?

How about staring
and breath-holding
competitions on the battlefield instead of guns and war?

Religion should be replaced with tea-time.

[edit on 14/1/2009 by nerbot]

I am with you on the staring and breath-holding. However, some people would be really good at that. You need at least three feats of prowess to crown a victor.

I propose the addition of "rude word ping pong" to the war-replacement melee.

Rules are:

It's mano - a - mano or non-gender specific.

Two people staring at each other. Each person has to slowly deliver (one word at a time each) some of the rudest words they can think of.

The first one to laugh loses and the victor is the straightest faced.

I play this game to settle all minor arguments and I have a killer word.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
You would BAN the Tibetan's from collecting rice grain, coexisting, being all supportive of anyone who wishes to learn from them given their principles?

And what would stop Tibetans from continuing these principles?

God doesn't collect rice grain does he?

I think this dilemma would be interesting to pose to the Dali Llama don't you. What do you think he would say?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by annefran

Sounds good BUT language barriers between warring nations would be a disadvantage.

Physical only is best.

How about a simple tickling contest instead..

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

tickling is universal...I overpowered a gray once by tickling him (and they say they are humourless little tw*ts..none of it!)

I agree...three stages...

1. staring...

2. holding breath...

3. decider is tickling

all world issues solved - our job is done

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Well lets see.

IF THERE WAS NO RELIGION HE COULDN'T HAVE HIS BUDDHIST BELIEFS?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Or maybe he would say:"I do not need god to love my fellow man, but he helps sometimes"

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I'm trying to think of the word to describe you and it's not coming to mind.....almost something like passive..... but it describes you perfectly.

Think of it for me!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I would just ban those that believe these should be banned..........

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

OK, I'm thinking of it NOW

Shall I come up with one for you to think of too?

[edit on 14/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
My point is, why do poeple only think they can be good people when there is a god or religion around.

Why not try and be good regardless?

Is it a weakness of human nature that only allows good under the influence of religious fear. I thought the Dali Llama would quite enjoy this kind of question and would provide a very interesting answer along with one of his wonderful smiles.

How about this...Would any religious person here forget their religion to end all war?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

OH OH ME ME ME

I WOULD!

Oh yes, but wait... I'm not religious.

DAMN.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

. Thumb wrestling should be used to solve all disagreements (best of three, of course!)

Thats awesome im like undefeated in thumb wrestling my records 50-0-15 kos they actually fainted from exhaustion i would be like emperor of the world or something

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomInChains

. Thumb wrestling should be used to solve all disagreements (best of three, of course!)

Thats awesome im like undefeated in thumb wrestling my records 50-0-15 kos they actually fainted from exhaustion i would be like emperor of the world or something

I need to be on your side then....

I shall be your underling...I will be guardian of the emperor's thumb!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WisdomInChains

All hail the thumb!

So what other alternatives are there to banning the things the OP stated.

(just trying to keep on topic)

I think money will be the first to go in reality. Credit cards have paved the way.

Nationality will NEVER go....there is a certain dignity and proudness associated with it that most people would like to keep I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well thanks for the replies, perhaps phase dout may have been a better word to have used. Believ it or not many of these things do happen and people live with it. Take the EU, if it all goes a head we may end up with the United States of Europe where all the citizens have the same nationality and rights. There are many examples hwere this can and has been done.

Don't think of the worst case scenario but where change is brough about over a period of time. Take armed forces if over aperios of time they were reduced to the point hwere you take away offensive capablity to be left with real defense would that really cause a problem. If you don't have a means to project war then you cannot fight can you. As for population reduction its not a case of killing people off or only one child perp family but educating people on the real impact on our little Planet and the need to propagate the races when needed.

It may take a long time but its the direction we have to go in as those are all the thing we ever fight about. Remove the cause of war and there is no war. Many of the things we have today we did not a century ago. But we can still survive without those things. We surround ourselves with false gods, material and spiritual but do we really need them.

Would it not be better if religion was about mother earth and the cosmos and not about the vanity of a man prophet or god. Again there would be no wars of religion, it would take along time but you do it by slow degrees because the people will accept that. No one likes sudden changes do they.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well that all sounds fine and dandy but ....none of those things are evil ....

It is the PEOPLE who uses those things for evil ...and so that would not take care of the problem just banning those items ....

If you took the guns or weapons away they would use rocks,sticks fists,vehicles hammers etc etc ..
Wars will always happen as long as people are alive because well thats what the natural man does ...he wars and makes wars ..(even if we did not have a war persay ..there is always wars between neighbors friends and relatives etc ) .......
If you banned religion ..they would start secret cults underground where no one would see what was going down in them ...and even worse things would happen with the sheeple than what is happening now .............

banning other peoples from our country would be just plain boreing ..
I actually love diversity ...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Would it not be better if religion was about mother earth and the cosmos and not about the vanity of a man prophet or god. Again there would be no wars of religion, it would take along time but you do it by slow degrees because the people will accept that. No one likes sudden changes do they.

Everyone wants peace, we are just a tad bit confused on how it should come about, everyone thinks their way is the right way and no other. You are no different.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by juveous]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Simply, no its one World one people and we would breed out the savage ways that so many hold onto. There will come a time when we don't see each other as enemies, threats or anything else we will just be enlightened and I'm all for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Instead of banning things like guns, religion, war, money etc... I'd ban the people permanently from this planet that miss use them. The gun doesn't kill, the person behind it does and if you killed another human being except for defending yourself then you are strapped to a rocket and bye bye. Religion is a freedom of choice and that my friend should never be banned, but the worthless killings by any individual should be and another rocket to space. Money is a good thing if it's done right and people earn it. War wouldn't be needed if those who choose to be bad perish into the great outer space.
Now Nationality I could deal with banning if all these other plans worked. I really feel that the earth should be for everyone to tread upon anywhere at anytime. Why do we need a passport anywhere on this earth?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Simply, no its one World one people and we would breed out the savage ways that so many hold onto. There will come a time when we don't see each other as enemies, threats or anything else we will just be enlightened and I'm all for it.

Sounds alot like heaven ....or heaven on earth ...in a perfect world ..which we cannot have as long as we have evil in it .....
I dont think you can breed out evil ..it is a spiritual entity ....it would have to be taken care of from the spiritual realm and that is what the Lord God has in mind ..man (without the help of God) is incapable of doing this because he is to easily led to do evil ..(it is in mans nature to do evil ) ........
Which is why Jesus Christ is needed ..he is showing the natural man how to be a spiritual one ..from the inside of man ....changing him from the inside to the outside ..the inside must change (How we think ..how we love etc ) before it will change anything on the outside ...(and I am talking in the literal world as well as our bodies).................
and there are still way too many people who are just NOT INTERESTED in changing anything ....so I am waiting for the Lord to do what he thinks needs to be done to CHANGE THAT >...
I do what I can in my part of my little world to help others see there are changes that need to be changed IN EACH OF US .(and I try and do that more by example than just mere words) ..but as you know you cannot force anyone to see or to change and as you know even I am human and make mistakes too ..so it is even hard for me to change too ..(but thank God the Lord has been working on me for years now and I am slowly changing for the better hopefully at least inside I feel like I am ) ....so nothing more I can do beyond what I am doing ...and I am leaving what needs to be done with those who refuse to care about anything but themselves up to GOD ..as he is in control ..not me ...........
It is his creation and I know he has a plan (since our plans sure dont work ) I am sure that his will ....he ought to know what it will take more than we do ...since he created us ...........so I trust him ........
PS ...I know that unlike mankind ..God has our BEST INTEREST at heart ..

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Simplynoone]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join