It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Would Ban War, Guns, Religion Money & Nationality How About You

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
As man has spending the past several thousand years trying to wipe himself out it would be good if we could ban the things that cause these problems. So what are wars fought for, Religion, Land and the belief that your opponents are inferior. Couple to that want and famine and you have all the ingredients for mans self imposed destruction.

But what if all that could be removed, could we even imagine a society as such. One World one people, no war pestilence or famine. Just think of what advances could be made with all the money that is spent on war, weapons and all the rest of it. We could be living on the Moon. Mars travelling in space. Living for far longer in peace and harmony with our fellow man.

Just think of what we could achive being free of ignorance and hate of the material trap that shackles us to work for money. What could we really achive and more to the point will we ever be able to do it.

Sorry the drugs are wearing off now.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Hasn't it been shown in history that through (some) war, guns, religion, money, and nationality that we have managed to come this far? We would still have oppression and greed which do more harm than good.
Unfortunately I don't think humanity is all going to join into a psychic unity any time soon since that would be the only way essentially to unite humanity. But that would be moot since humans don't seem to have the brain power or structure for that sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I would ban guns and baked beans. I would also ban typing without really thinking before people post. This post would therefore be rendered defunct prior to posting.

I think guns would be a good start though. Weapon escalation is an issue. However, without guns and war, how would America's economy work?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The banning of anything is so counter to the concept of freedom, I don't know where to begin!

How would one ban war? Why would one ban guns (and, again, how?), why would one strip the freedom of religion (and how?)?

As for nationality... How would that work?

Money, on the other hand could easily be abolished if we worked to mechanize all work we do not want to do, and strived for abundance such that we all could have whatever we wanted. Money (and greed, and vested interest and laziness, even) would effectively vanish.

Other than money, the rest are pure silliness.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I would ban people who want to ban things from other people!!
Or I would ban having bans on anything except of course the original banning of bans!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm keeping my Guns, money and nationality. However, ban organized religion, and we'll instantaneously advance 1,000 years, both technologically and spiritually. Wars would stop, hate would dwindle, and people would start seeing others for what they are... human beings.

Oh, and millions of young catholic boys would be indebted to you forever.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Freedom was a Social experiment that failed. You are all to crazy and out of control to be allowed to be free. That is why a Global Religion and a Global Government is forming to keep you in line.

A house divided against it's self cannot stand.
A organism at war with it's self cannot survive.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bringer

I'm afraid your more correct than you might realize, liberty is only for certain types of people. The responsible once again will pay for the irresponsible. So hey let's ban irresponsible people

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Oh pish to both of you.

Get rid of money and love will flourish.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ban guns...that's a good one.
Let's make it so only the criminals and government...oh wait...those two have merged.

Either way, both want steal from, and have control over you.

Check your temperature OP, I do believe you have a fever.

Peace

[edit on 14-1-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I would ban you from talking OP.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

And if anyone was caught participating in these things that you would "ban", what woud be the punishment?

How's about instead of banning things, we instead allow things, You will never kill ideology with bullets, it's futile to try and do so, so you will never be able to "ban" religion. People can build guns, even if you banned the components to buil a gun, people would just learn how to use other weapons better. Money, well, it's perfectly useless, so go ahead with that. Nationality, well, people will always have a "us vs them" mentality, so that won't ever be possible. People will oppose these bans you would want to force on them, so you would have a war on yourhands, therefore vialating your own ban, so you just canceled yourself out with your own logic.

I really would like to know what you think the correct repremand would be for those violating your ban if you were "in control" of everything (God help us
).

See one thing you people who want to "ban" things never seem to fully grasp is that people are greedy, they use/manipulate anything and everything they can to "get more", they use religion to fufill there own selfish desires, that's why you zeitgeist goofballs never seem to get, people use race, nationality, economy, ect. to start wars to get what hey want, it's not those thing that cause it, they are simply tools, "Spoons didn't mae Rosie fat" remember?

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Banning things is never going to achieve world peace. Its not religion, gun,s or money's fault we have war its peoples fault. Were screwed up and if you ban those things well just find another reason to kill each other mabey over hair color or something.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i'd only follow the OP if I wanted to start a war. You'd be able to just about completely polarize groups that usually mingle with no problem.
And, in order to follow though with you proposition, only one side would have guns.

You want to ban something, ban the idiots who encite these points of view.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The first thing I'd ban is religion. It's the main cause of most of the worlds wars and fights. Fact.

Banning guns is stupid, it does nothing. Criminals don't buy guns legally. You could enact 100 new gun laws tomorrow and it would not help one single bit. Fact.

Ban politicians. They screw EVERYTHING up. Fact.

Ban the Windows operating system. It stinks to high heaven and always has. After all these years they STILL haven't got it right.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I would only ban the word "ban", but it would only be replaced with something like "statutorily unavailable".

Banning stuff entails enforcement, not double-good in my opinion.

"Persuasion" on the other hand entails diplomacy and is a plus-good option.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
On reflection I would not ban anything. However, I would enforce the liberal use of the words "pish", "paps", "flange" and "candelabra" purely because I find them amusing to say and to hear others say.

I would also enforce that everyone should carry hipflasks, yurts and peace pipes. Thumb wrestling should be used to solve all disagreements (best of three, of course!)

How about a counter thread on what we would make compulsory?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by annefran
How about a counter thread on what we would make compulsory?

How about staring
and breath-holding
competitions on the battlefield instead of guns and war?

Rocks should be used as currency so as to prevent high prices...imagine how silly the rich people would look in their designer clothes with HUGE pockets..

Religion should be replaced with tea-time.

Wouldn't life be sweeeet?

[edit on 14/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So.

You would BAN the Tibetan's from collecting rice grain, coexisting, being all supportive of anyone who wishes to learn from them given their principles?

If so I say you are a sick man.

As for the rest of the religions, Go ahead. Money I don't care about, Guns I don't care about, War I definetly don't care about, and Nationality is a crock.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I Would Ban War, Guns, Religion Money & Nationality How About You

OMG, this is pure NWO talk!

I wouldn't want to live in a world without variety.
Banning different religions would equal banning different opinions!
And different nationalities are needed to hold different cultures together!
Its so exciting to experience different cultures and mentalities when traveling to other countries, I realy wouldn't want to miss that.
And money is great too... if you got enough of it in your pocket, hahaha

The only thing I would want to ban, is war. But then again - maybe war, although a terrible experience for those who get affected by it, is necessary to keep / restore balance in a populated world, where tensions to occur every now and then is just a natural and unavoidable phenomenon?

Ko3

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join