It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sould I file a Federal lawsuit baring CNN and MSNBC from Federal buildings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I go to the bank, the Courts and other places that accept Federal funds and they have TV's with CNN and MSNBC on them. Never FOX!

Now it can be proved that CNN and MSNBC are religously left leaning and pure propaganda.

Shouldnt a Federal and State lawsuit be filed baring those channels from being aired in palces that that are funded by tax dollars?

Or at the very least require them to air FOX as well as CNN and MSNBC?

An argument can be made that these "news" networks are political propagandist and not news networks.

You cant have religious broadcast because of seperation of church and State shouldnt partiasn politics be seperated as well?

It certainly would be an interesting argument to make.

The persuit of justice is the only persuit worthwhile.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
No. Reagen appealed the fairness doctrine and now news media can be as biased as they want to be. So, what they are doing is not unconstitutional. Although I would like more objectivity within the news media myself what they are doing is not against the law... and... I don't think suing would change anything we need to get the attention of the people about the issue. That's what we really need to do. Suing won't help anything.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
How exactly can it be proved? By the choice of news services? Aside from you evidence posted here, do you have a memo to that effect?

Lets face it FOX is about as biased a source as they come. Sort of Al Jazzera for Ditto heads

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't care if a news outlet is biased, as long as they present both sides of an issue in a fair manner.

That's where Fox News excels; that's why it is at the top of its' game. Most Americans watch Fox because most Americans agree with Fox.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Are you serious? Prepare to be flamed. Fox news typically shows a conservative argument and bashes liberals. They aren't fair and balanced.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I don't care if a news outlet is biased, as long as they present both sides of an issue in a fair manner.

That's where Fox News excels...

You serious?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Believe me, I've heard it all here before. So many people here bash Fox, yet its amazing how they can quote it chapter and verse. Makes me wonder why they watch it, if it's so bad.

You can't argue with success - Fox News is the top rated cable news network for many years running.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

No. Fox news is biased. Please, don't tell me you've never watched their election coverage. Don't lie to me. I used to watch fox news. During the election season they always try to make it seem like Democrats flip flop yet they never cover anything negative about the GOP. That's a fact.

Also, just because a station has ratings doesn't mean it's good. That just means that the station is telling its viewers what it wants to hear. Fox news cares more about ratings than presenting real news. Their journalistic standard is pathetic. What they say isn't bias is just them praising Republicans and bashing Democratic liberal policies.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Correct. Having a reporter there to slam anything liberals do and a liberal there to simply "try" to refute it is not fair coverage. Fair coverage would be criticizing all parties and having people representing them there to make a case.

I don't see how anyone can see constantly siding with one party and having one weak representative of the other there to "refute" it is fair in any way.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

No. Fox news is biased.

I never said they weren't biased. If you call having a conservative bent biased, that is. So what? What's wrong with that? MSNBC and CNN are also biased with a liberal bent.

During the election season they always try to make it seem like Democrats flip flop yet they never cover anything negative about the GOP. That's a fact.

Bullcrap. At least they don't have shrieking shills like Maddow, Keith whatever, and Tingle-up-my-leg-Matthews.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Fox is counter ballance to the others.

Fox standing alone would be GOP propaganda but it does not stand alone and when we tax payers are subjectd to CNN or MSNBC while standing in lines at banks or State and Federal buildings we are being propagandized we do not have a choice as I found out when I aksed for the chanel to be changed and was told it was fixed on CNN.

Noe a coourt challenge will be tough as one would have to prove that CNN was propaganda.

Well that might not be so tough.

The case would be news and bring honest debate to the content of so called news outlets.

The courts woud likely have to rule that establishments that provide tv to its customers and receive tax payer funds in any way will have to give the customers the right to have a program changed or they will have to put the programing on a setting that is time fixed and allows diversity.

It woud be a great suit for someone to bring!

Can anyone argue against that notion?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Fox is counter ballance to the others.

Fox standing alone would be GOP propaganda but it does not stand alone and when we tax payers are subjectd to CNN or MSNBC while standing in lines at banks or State and Federal buildings we are being propagandized we do not have a choice as I found out when I aksed for the chanel to be changed and was told it was fixed on CNN.

Noe a coourt challenge will be tough as one would have to prove that CNN was propaganda.

Well that might not be so tough.

The case would be news and bring honest debate to the content of so called news outlets.

The courts woud likely have to rule that establishments that provide tv to its customers and receive tax payer funds in any way will have to give the customers the right to have a program changed or they will have to put the programing on a setting that is time fixed and allows diversity.

It woud be a great suit for someone to bring!

Can anyone argue against that notion?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
BTW this is the way the left will keep a hold on power through propaganda.

Soon we will have lil tvs at all Gas pumps, ATMs, and who knows what other venues they will use and they will all be tuned to CNN.

This is Big Brother, George Orwell.....

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicCaucasian

Fox isn't honest though. That's the thing.

If they said they weren't fair or balanced then it would be okay. But they claim to give both sides of the issues fairly.

It's horrible.

Also, what makes you think that the media is liberal? Would your perception of the media changed if I told you that the media is actually corporate?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You keep harping on FOX as being dishonest ok so its dishonest FOX isnt the news outlet Im talking about here.

Is CNN honest?

Should tax payer dollars sponsor putting forth this broadcast in public places w/o the consent or choice of the public?

Lets say it was FOX news you saw in every bank every cout house lunch room, every gas pump.

Can any of you stick to the point Im making.

People are idiots!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Most of the hospitals that I've been to have preferred FOX over the more liberal stations, and none of them change the station-even if you ask.
Boo =(
I need to feed my Anderson Cooper addiction at least once a day.
nomnomnom.

top topics

join