posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:53 PM
This is not intended to be a political statement period:
THis weeks edition of AWST took a look at what the IDF is doing differently this go around.
Taken from Aviation Week and Space Technology, January 12th, 2009
1) IMI's PB500A1 (a hard target penatrator) is being used to destroy underground structures in Rafah.
2) Boeings GBU-39 aka the SDB is also in use.
3) New technology that allows the FLIR systems to look into a fireball and do instand BDA.
4) Rafael Spike ER which have been modified for anti structure role (My guess is its warhead was changed to blast / frag)
5) Continuous coverage from the air with UAV's
6) Extensive pre invasion recce to plot route away from IED's and traps
[edit on 1/14/09 by FredT]