It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you fight for your country to defend Israel?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Would you fight for your country to protect Israel?

Well for a start the thread title is a little skewed and seemingly would only apply to Israelis on here.

For the rest of us, why would we fight in a war to protect Israel? The only time I'd pick up arms and fight would be to protect myself and those I love and hold dear from either a foreign invader or my own government, if it came to that.

Even a foreign invasion wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, unless you are some brainwashed flag-waving idiot. If an invading force took over the country and pretty much left us to carry on, just under new management, then why bother fighting it? After all, we pretty much have to do what our own leadership tell us anyway, no matter how much we may disagree with it.
The whole notion of dying for your country or a piece of cloth is outdated anyway and these days it's mostly about corporate power and the continued wealth of elitist bankers and the crime families that run them.

Sorry.... rambling on a bit..... simple answer to the question is "NO".

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I would fight against them. Not for them.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
As many other people have said in this thread, no way in hell. I'm not fighting a) for a nation that isn't my own, and b) for a nation who's recent acts I find deplorable, and disgusting. The only time I'll fight is to defend my family from anyone that tries to harm them, whether it's a foreign enemy, or my own government. Then, it'll be tooth and nail to the death for them.

I'm not off fighting the battles of a country I don't give a damn about.

Edit: Didn't read this thread before I posted, suprising how similar various replies are.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by DarkPassenger]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join