It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overstayed Their Welcome in the UK, Time to Leave

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

If the Police had acted heavy handidly (And trust me i've seen them do it), then you'd all be SCREAMING 'RACIST' ....

But because they were passive, you accuse them of being cowards?

You obviously don't understand the British...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by cropmuncher

I agree, the police are being sensible but I hope they arrest the twats that are throwing the fence.

Agreed. It was assault on a police officer.

I'm 100% sure the police will watch this video and arrest the people responsible. They do it with most riots, probably due to our overwhelming CCTV database. The people responsible will be profiled and no doubt some cases will make court.

If those responsible get jailed, i doubt they will be too quick to spout their religious hatred in a prison (if that is the case).

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bignick
Now If a bunch of Jews go protesting like this in the streets of some middle eastern country, what would happen ?

Ahaah! You guessed right

Maybe this happens:

In Israel 700 Israelis Arrested For Protesting Against War

www.disinfo.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think they did an excellent job and kept it all under control. I will also say that I don't consider protesting as a reason to say somebody overstayed their welcome. Confrontation would have only escalated the problems. Isn't this similar to what the US does after most major sports championship games? They just kind of keeping moving back to avoid confrontation.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
Nothing! Sorry to dissapoint you, but in many muslim countries like Turkey and Iran there is a very old protesting culture. There were millions on streets during 60's in both countries, and yes, they were leftist, even extreme leftist people. Wow, surprised?
But true. Now please we all reconsider our prejudices, do we

Why would we be surprised? Turkey is a secular country, and as for Iran.... well having a friend who is from Iran and seen protest first hand, they were far from pretty.

Mikey

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

The poster mentioned the "muslim countries", so I disproved him. It is not fair to judge whole populations, whole religion, all cultures, under simplistic claims. We say it thousand times, but I am afraid prejudices turned already into beliefs, like religious beliefs. Turning all this to total religious or cultural war does not help too much.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by deccal]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
[

If a bunch of human beings go protesting in a Muslim country what do you think what happen?

But human beings do protest in Muslim countries. You question escapes me, what do you mean?

yea they protest.. and those countries film it.. if they are protesting america or isreal.. if they were protesting their gov or how christians and jews are treated.?? hmmm i wonder..

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Seeing as it was a sarcastic joke. You know what that is right? Usually an over exaggerated claim for the purpose of humor.

The point you are failing to grasp is that the level of violence Muslim men (and some women) are capable of in the name of their religious and cultural beliefs. Also, I have recently come to understand that it is not Islam that is the problem but the Arab culture. Because you look at Indonesia it does not have the same level of problems associated with most middle eastern countries.

And my heart goes out to the Turks for some level of stability. Now only if they could admit to the Armenian genocide

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

yea they protest.. and those countries film it.. if they are protesting america or isreal.. if they were protesting their gov or how christians and jews are treated.?? hmmm i wonder..

You just made a statement of belief. Care to furnish some links.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is just another example of protests and testosterone, lol. People go mad. Especially younger guys. I hate seeing crap like this.

But like another person said football/soccer hooligans can get WAY worse and they are only going crazy over a silly game, not war, chaos and deaths.

Edit: by the way what exactly is the point of this protest and why so angry at the police? How can that help anything. These people are part of the problem not the solution.

My guess is because a lot of younger british people want any excuse to cause trouble, especially with the police. I've seen these type of people from all races and religions.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The most interesting thing here is that MODS have done nothign about the thread title.

mods themselves say blame the israeli govt. and not jews as a whole, yet they don't change the title of this thread?

what a shame shame shame

Perhaps I should make a thread about:

1) White People who are hockey fans in canada have overstayed their welcome.

2) European caucasians going wild over the World Cup

3) .............

ahhhh forget it, a complete list would take forever.

At least these people are protesting for their people in another country
While you people do nothing about people in your own country.

shame on ATS mods

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
The most interesting thing here is that MODS have done nothign about the thread title.

1) White People who are hockey fans in canada have overstayed their welcome.

2) European caucasians going wild over the World Cup

What are you talking about? Nowhere in the thread title is a race mentioned.

The videos show an angry mob and the poster who lives in the UK is stating that they have overstayed their welcome.

If those people in the video happen to be of Middle Eastern origin then it’s just fact, if they happen to be white its just fact.

So what are you going on about? Nowhere in the title is a race mentioned. The thread title suggests that the people in the video have overstayed their welcome.... whoever they are!

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

While you people do nothing about people in your own country.

Probably because anytime they try to do something for their own people in their own country they get called a racist!

Mikey

[edit on 14/1/2009 by Mikey84]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
hahaha lol

what do I respond to someone with an image in his signature saying fight terror support a terroist govt.

let me tell you somethign my friend, there are more Jews that would disagree with your signature then there are rockets that Hamas fired off.

I guess i'm in the twilight zone again

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Why are they so angry at the police? They are allowing them to express their opinion via peaceful protest. No need to hurl insults at those who provide the law and order nessesary for a stable and prosperous country like the UK to function properly.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jacob08
Why are they so angry at the police? They are allowing them to express their opinion via peaceful protest. No need to hurl insults at those who provide the law and order nessesary for a stable and prosperous country like the UK to function properly.

Like I said in my other post, I was wondering the same thing.

I don't think it has anything to do with race or religion, but it does have a little to do with culture, and that's UK culture. The bad side to this country, this kind of beaviour is not unusal with some people here, from all races. They want trouble etc. I don't understand it, I'd call it group mentality.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

It just really irritates me that these things are allowed.

Protests?

Freedon of speech?

Freedom to assemble?

I don't see the problem.

Don't misunderstand, I don't think yobbish behaviour should be tolerated.

I think the police know that cracking down, or meeting what you see as unacceptable behaviourwith brute force will only result in making the situation worse.

They contain the situation and try to make sure no body gets hurt, protesters or the cops - That's their job afterall.

I fully support the right to protest even if I don't fully support the cause.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
reply to post by bignick

If a bunch of human beings go protesting in a Muslim country what do you think what happen?

But human beings do protest in Muslim countries. You question escapes me, what do you mean?

Lol yes they do but how many of them are protesting against THEIR government and not the west? Of course they are allowed to protest, but i'm sure the anti-isreal/anti-west protests far outnumber the anti______(their own particular gov't) protests.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Even though this footage does make me feel sad (even angry as a UK citizen) this should be viewed (like the pro Pal stuff) as propaganda. There are good and bad on both sides and both have their righteousness. If both sides give up and posting stuff like this then we can close down this Forum.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if African countries started to kick out non-africans by saying "you overstayed the welcome in our country - time to leave"
Who done the most damage? White people looting, massmurdering and exploiting the natural resources since centuries.
Does Europeans (white people) have monopoly on expressing anger while when arabs or ethnic groups gets cornered slags like you transform into Hitler and join the NF in no time and cry "Look at what these savages are doing to our country"?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Does nobody want to say this out loud?

This is simply what I like to call Reverse racism. Authorities are scared of saying or doing anything just because this is some kind of get out of jail free card. Sir that police officer was hitting me very hard and im sure its because of my race.... I want out.... Ohh allright you seem like a good (insert whatever name ) so ill let you go.

What is racism? well simply put it is the non-acceptance and hate driven acts created out of fear. Fear of difference and such..... It is also possible that racism can be forwarded on to create control....

What is happenning now all over the world ? Groups of people who immigrate from one country to another conglamorate into small litlle cells of people. Be it china town, little itally, etc etc they bunch up together. (the small minority I know from other countries are actually some of my best friends and they mostly agree with my assessments. They do not bunch up like those I speak of)

In this bunching up together, they form micro societies that have a real impact on politics. This on the other hand is used to their advantage. Sometimes they riot and we are left scared that they will automaticly assume it is because of their race or color etc....

if you for example head out in some (not all) black neighboorhood your going to be the outsider. They will close in on you. And god knows its not going to be pretty. And this is but an example. Some places you can go where everyone accepts their differences and its multifacetted. But my point is : its reverse racism. They speak about you being a racist when in fact you are not saying anything. Some people are so proud of their own identity that they let nothing else in.

Be it your white, beige blue or whatever, if your a bad person, I want nothing to do with you.... and its not because of your color its because of that precious attitude. Same principle applies here. These people immigrated from another country and they have the same rights as anyone else. If the "/$"/ up then they get the royal beating of a lifetime. Not because their different, just because their acting like "/$"/$

if you are white for example and you head out in a black neighboorhood with gangs, I wouldnt count on comming back scratch free... Those gangs will bunch up against you for your difference. You stand out and you are going to get it.....

So I say whoever overstays their welcome, have them booted out. Let them take the responsabilities for their actions if such is justified

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join