It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda still No.1 threat - Barack Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda still No.1 threat - Barack Obama

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

BARACK Obama says al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden remain the "No.1 one threat" to US security, after a new voice recording emerged from the terror group's leader.

The recording warned the President-elect of new fronts in bin Laden's self-styled holy war against Western interests.

Mr Obama said: "Bin Laden and al-Qaeda are our No.1 threat when it comes to American security.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I was hoping for some change from Obama on some of this rhetoric but I guess the crusade against Al Qaeda continues on apace. I hope he doesn't just become another sock puppet of the intelligence agencies.

"Things are going to get tougher in Afghanistan before they get better," he said, adding: "Pakistan's position on Afghanistan is going to affect our ability to succeed."

Mr Obama has vowed to boost development in Afghanistan and shift the focus of the war on terror from Baghdad to Kabul as he winds down the war in Iraq.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I anticipate Osama being the boogie man in the interim until the Obama administration can define a new boogie man. I just hope he gets Afghanistan stabilized as fast as possible so we can get our troops home for a well deserved break.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This does not surprise me one bit. Some actually believed he represented "change," thinking I was merely cynical when I said it did not matter what party was voted in, that they all were puppets for the secret government.

And here, starkly, stands evidence that the "change" will be superficial, at best.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I fear that is one wish that is not going to be answered. Anyone that still believes that politics is any more than a one trick pony is setting themselves up for disappointment. The shadow government is not in the shadows anymore and they are so sure of themselves and have such distain for us that they don’t even bother to try to hide from us anymore. The only reason they continue the pretense is to reduce the annoyance factor. Obama was chosen by TPTB and he will dance to whatever tune they play. I just wish they would come up with a different tune this one is getting real old. Just like you could depend on the cavalry appearing over the ridge just in the nick of time you can bet on them pulling out the old Osama Bin Laden twist every time they need an excuse to do something they don't want us to know about. The still fear that we will wake up in time to stop the madness so they keep us sedated. Good Old Osama to the rescue one more time.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I wonder how long after the end of the cold war it took them to realise they needed a new enemy? I can't believe they are still naming Bin Laden as enemy No. 1 when it has been a long time since he appears to have done anything.

I guess we'll know very quickly where Obama stands when he has to tackle Gaza as soon as he gets in.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It's now 100% apparent that the war on terror is fictional and a lie. This can now be further proven by Israel's atrocities against human kind in Gaza. Al Qaeda is not responsible for these terror attacks. It's solely the U.S. and Israel who have globalist agendas.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I fear that is one wish that is not going to be answered. Anyone that still believes that politics is any more than a one trick pony is setting themselves up for disappointment. The shadow government is not in the shadows anymore and they are so sure of themselves and have such distain for us that they don’t even bother to try to hide from us anymore. The only reason they continue the pretense is to reduce the annoyance factor. Obama was chosen by TPTB and he will dance to whatever tune they play. I just wish they would come up with a different tune this one is getting real old. Just like you could depend on the cavalry appearing over the ridge just in the nick of time you can bet on them pulling out the old Osama Bin Laden twist every time they need an excuse to do something they don't want us to know about. The still fear that we will wake up in time to stop the madness so they keep us sedated. Good Old Osama to the rescue one more time.

Didn't the U.S. call off the search for Osama Bin Ladin at one point. Also didn't french intellegence report that he is dead?

Do you are going after a boogieman, till you can create a new boogieman for the American people. The sad part is, it will work.

www.foxnews.com...

The French newspaper l'Est Republicain printed what it described as a confidential document from the French foreign intelligence service DGSE citing an uncorroborated report from Saudi secret services that bin Laden died of typhoid last month.

A U.S. official told FOX News that he had seen no evidence to suggest the Al Qaeda leader was dead. "Don't believe it," he said. "I would not give credence to that report."

Time magazine reported Saturday that bin Laden contracted a "serious water-borne disease" and may already be dead. The article cited an anonymous Saudi source who said Saudi officials have not received concrete evidence of bin Laden's death.

French President Jacques Chirac said the information is "in no way whatsoever confirmed."

Chirac said he was "a bit surprised" at the leak and has asked Defense Minister Michele Alliot-Marie to investigate how a document from a French foreign intelligence service was published in the French press.

The boogieman that comes out of the freeking digital closet when a ghost is needed to keep scaring the people.

It's such a joke.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It should be clear to everyone by now that
Obama Bin Lyin about changing anything important.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MetatronCubensis
Obama Bin Lyin about changing anything important.

I guess the intelligence have started to collect Iran's connection with Al-CIada and that osama has moved to his new bungalow in Tehran.

Remember Hillary Clinton recently said 'all options open' regarding Iran.

What she meant was 'Yeh Iran's next'.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
ALL that said to me was (we still dont care about the truth behind 9-11)

9-11 was an inside job. we need to be fixing that problem not chasing the guy they pinned it on.

we can deal with what ever kind of threat he is after we fix the real problem the ones behind 9-11

its been how many years and still no justice, wake up people.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
This does not surprise me one bit. Some actually believed he represented "change," thinking I was merely cynical when I said it did not matter what party was voted in, that they all were puppets for the secret government.

And here, starkly, stands evidence that the "change" will be superficial, at best.

Totally agree... after all, They're all politicians... corrupt and they all have an agenda.
Two sides of the same coin, shame not everyone can see that.

new topics

top topics

join