It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you believe? Why you don’t? Please share…

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Originally posted by OldThinker

Whatever happened it is definitively 'beyond' us, right?

Great pts there blupblup...

Most certainly, or at least beyond our current understanding anyway.
I love to think about existence and question what we know... and your discussion has made me ponder some more.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mullet35
OldThinker I do respect the idea that you have a belief and commit to your belief.

....To answer your no I dont believe and there are times my stand on this is quite strong but I do not like to minimize or belittle those who do believe, I just wish that the whole concept did'nt control society as a whole as much as it does e.g the involvment in politics and they can have something sensored because of what the bible has to say about it.

mullet35, Good points on belief......and your thoughts on the OP videos sir?

OT

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by OldThinker

Originally posted by OldThinker

Whatever happened it is definitively 'beyond' us, right?

Great pts there blupblup...

Most certainly, or at least beyond our current understanding anyway.
I love to think about existence and question what we know... and your discussion has made me ponder some more.

yes, so true, the vid on LAMININ freaked me out!

Thank you for helping here...

OT

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
whaaa thinks anthropomorphizing God is a silly thing.

OK, did OT do that?

OT out!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

But what do you expect from a species that insists on killing each other in the name of God.

??? A little more explanation on that one would be appreciated!

OT

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

And whaaa believes because he had a burning bush experience and it's nobody's business, how or why he has faith.

I had one of those, too ,whaaaa...

OT

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

whaaa thinks anthropomorphizing God is a silly thing.

But what do you expect from a species that insists on killing each other in the name of God.

And whaaa believes because he had a burning bush experience and it's nobody's business, how or why he has faith.

thanks whaaa.....

What do you think of....1 Peter 3:15......."But make sure in your hearts that Christ is Lord. Always be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks you about the hope you have. Be ready to give the reason for it. But do it gently and with respect."

OT curious?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

I think it's cool to question things ...

Yes! That's the way to find wisdom...any thoughts on 'Haste the Day' vid....stitches... link here again... www.youtube.com... listen at 2:59 ok?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
WOW I just watched all of the links on you tube and they blew me away. Honestly, Ive cried tears of humility and laughed in joy! This guys onto something combining God and science together. Whatever the truth is, its touched me tonight. I thank u.

MODS!!!!!

MODS!!!!!

You all are GREAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so very much, for including this ANON poster.....

Dude, it is rare to get on so quickly.....OT would suggest....you sign up....come back, post and acknowledge the mods....!!!!!!

Thank you so very much for reviewing!!!!!! And for posting!!!!!! Skeptics, please take the time and review....this videos are ABSOLUTELY the finest youtubes OT has ever seen.....this guy is absolutely unbelievable...and relevant!!!!

PAUSE!!!!

Sorry for being SO heavy here...but this is Great! Please view and let me know your thoughts/responses...ok?

OT
Phil 1:3

edit:spelling

[edit on 14-1-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

whaaa, hey thanks for contributing here....did you get a change to see the ANON post just before yours?

OT

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I only had enough time to watch the first 2 videos (about the universe). Even though I always knew what he was pointing out, it was nicely presented.

There wasn't anything there that goes against my beliefs. We are like a speck of dust, but as William Blake wrote, "To see the world in a grain of sand...". I find it easier to feel God looking inwards, but the infinity of space also helps.

I will watch the other videos tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnothiseauton
...I find it easier to feel God looking inwards, but the infinity of space also helps.

...inwards...

YES!!!!

That's the point of the third video in the OP....

Please review...

And I'll see you response tomorrow, ok

OT thanks you for the transparency...

Can't wait to hear your reaction....

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Beautiful videos!
I will watch the rest of Tony Compolo tomorrow!
My cable is off and I haven't watched TV in a week.
That is so refreshing!
Thank you OT.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

If you go through all the sacred religious texts in almost all religions, they all seem to share and say the same thing; that there is something more than just this physical life, you don't actually disappear from existence.

Nice thread, Star and Flag OP

Maj

Maj, good point!!!!!

Your post about something MORE......

Thoughts on the 'its friday but sundays coming' audio? It's the last in the OP, ok?

Talk to you tomorrow, if you have time?

OT

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Beautiful videos!
That is so refreshing!
Thank you OT.

Clearskies,

Hi...!!!!!

These are difficult times, especially as of late in the US....at least ECONOMICALLY....realizing we have it better than most if not all in the world....

I do pray for all in the 3rd world...for sustinence, food and wisdom to endure....my LORD Jesus spoke of poverty many many times more He did than heaven and hell....my Jesus IS THE friend of sinners, of whom I AM cheif...

Tony Campolo, IS THE most relevant speaker/pastor today....OT wishes more skeptics would research him and read his new book RED LETTER CHRISTIANS, huh?

OT

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
This guys onto something combining God and science together. Whatever the truth is, its touched me tonight....

Yes, Louie is a smart man...combining SCIENCE and the BIBLE...I wonder if skeptics will do the due diligence and research?

OT hopeful

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It is hard to conceive why so many do not believe in a creator architect, nothing did not create something no matter how you look at it. Matter even in it's finite state had to be created from something and that something is a creator. How ever it is you may interpret God. Even thought, reason and common sense will let you know that you can look at nothing (space) and it will never create substance.Believe what you may you have that right, I would rather die believing in a literal God, Than to die and believe nothing...........................

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111
It is hard to conceive why so many do not believe in a creator architect, nothing did not create something no matter how you look at it.

rikk7111, Sorry I missed you online earlier....what are your thoughts on the OP's videos? OT interested when you have time...

Good night!

OT

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Beautiful videos!
That is so refreshing!
Thank you OT.

Hey, what'd do think of the Campolo vid?

Also the longer audio at the end is my favorite...

OT

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnothiseauton
I only had enough time to watch the first 2 videos (about the universe). Even though I always knew what he was pointing out, it was nicely presented.

There wasn't anything there that goes against my beliefs. We are like a speck of dust, but as William Blake wrote, "To see the world in a grain of sand...". I find it easier to feel God looking inwards, but the infinity of space also helps.

g, get a chance to see the others?

OT

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join